Notices
Lava Red

How many Lava Red cars made

Search this Thread

Old 8/12/11, 11:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just thought I'd throw it out there...I love this color...Almost wish I knew about it before I bought my black stang...almost...
Old 8/12/11, 01:01 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by specopsscout
Just thought I'd throw it out there...I love this color...Almost wish I knew about it before I bought my black stang...almost...
The funny thing is, if it's not in direct sunlight, I have the hardest time convincing people that it's not black, even when parked right next to their black Mustangs. When they're right next to each other, it seems obvious to me, but it cracks me up when they don't believe me.

Anyhow,
I PM'd Deysha about the build quantity; she said once the 2012 production has ended next year, she'll be able to pull the total number, but not yet.
Old 8/12/11, 02:15 PM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by J1000
I PM'd Deysha about the build quantity; she said once the 2012 production has ended next year, she'll be able to pull the total number, but not yet.
+1
Thank you for putting this up, J1000!

Deysha
Old 8/12/11, 09:36 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by FordCustomerService
+1
Thank you for putting this up, J1000!

Deysha
I'm curious too!

It's been so rainy here lately... I can't wait for summer to end (aka daily thundershowers) so that I can appreciate this color again... Have you seen on in person, Deysha?
Old 8/12/11, 09:41 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by jaybertx
I can't wait for summer to end..
Watch your mouth!! When summer ends up here, the Mustang goes into hibernation to keep all the road salt, snow, and grime off of it. Maybe the birds have the right idea, migrating south for the winter..
Old 8/13/11, 08:21 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Anyhow,
I figured this would be the case. Would be nice if that could break it down by model and options aswell.

I did talk to a guy last week that has a Lava GT Premium with the GT accessory Pkg #5 and he found out his was the only one built that way in Lava Red.
Old 8/13/11, 10:21 AM
Cobra R Member

Saw a LR GT in traffic the other day here at a stoplight. Looked black until it turned right and went past me, then I could see the red sparkle in the paint. I thought it looked good. Not my personal cup o' tea, but I can see why it's desirable. Can't recall whether 'vert or not, but since this is a retirement & tourist area, there aren't THAT many Mustangs around. But I am seeing more lately.

Last edited by Double-EDad; 8/13/11 at 10:23 AM.
Old 8/13/11, 10:38 AM
Mach 1 Member

Watch your mouth!! When summer ends up here, the Mustang goes into hibernation to keep all the road salt, snow, and grime off of it. Maybe the birds have the right idea, migrating south for the winter..
Such a foreign concept to me having lived in warm climates my entire life. Winter here means it stops raining until April.

And sometimes it gets in the 50s and we have to wear our parkas.

So I'll backup and say that I will feel terrible for you once summer is over but think of the bright side... I'll have to replace my tires sooner?
Old 8/13/11, 10:57 AM
Bullitt Member

Such a foreign concept to me having lived in warm climates my entire life. Winter here means it stops raining until April.

So I'll backup and say that I will feel terrible for you once summer is over but think of the bright side... I'll have to replace my tires sooner?
Haha
Old 8/13/11, 01:31 PM
Bullitt Member

Here's my Grand Cherokee last winter with about 6" of snow on it (pic is around 11pm; there was about 8-9" on it by morning). My Mustang will be tucked away in the garage, and I'll be fiending to drive it for about 4 months.. :-(
Attached Images  
Old 8/13/11, 03:29 PM
Mach 1 Member

This is the first real snow fall last year
Attached Images   
Old 8/15/11, 11:39 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Have you seen on in person, Deysha?
No, I haven't!! I'm trying to find someone in Florida with one so I can finally see it and drool all over.

Deysha
Old 8/16/11, 08:24 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
jaybertx.... we gotta find a nice sweet spot for some cool pics and get the stangs together
Old 8/16/11, 11:09 PM
Bullitt Member

Last edited by Ordie; 8/16/11 at 11:14 PM.
Old 8/16/11, 11:11 PM
Bullitt Member

Old 8/16/11, 11:13 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Black Fire
I figured this would be the case. Would be nice if that could break it down by model and options aswell.

I did talk to a guy last week that has a Lava GT Premium with the GT accessory Pkg #5 and he found out his was the only one built that way in Lava Red.
Not true... The one I looked at when I decided I wanted lava was a Lava Car with Accessory Package 5...

edit: actually that car is still for sale..

http://www.inventory.ford.com/servic...09374&refid=FV

Originally Posted by FordCustomerService
No, I haven't!! I'm trying to find someone in Florida with one so I can finally see it and drool all over.

Deysha

What part of FL. Im moving there in October.
Originally Posted by Double-EDad
Saw a LR GT in traffic the other day here at a stoplight. Looked black until it turned right and went past me, then I could see the red sparkle in the paint. I thought it looked good. Not my personal cup o' tea, but I can see why it's desirable. Can't recall whether 'vert or not, but since this is a retirement & tourist area, there aren't THAT many Mustangs around. But I am seeing more lately.
Was it me? Im in Hampton Roads..

Old 9/1/11, 10:06 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Ordie
Not true... The one I looked at when I decided I wanted lava was a Lava Car with Accessory Package 5...

Was it me? Im in Hampton Roads..
Where in Chesapeake are you? I've got a '12 Lava Red with "package 5" and I have seen another brembo equipped lava red coupe (maybe you) on the 168 bypass several times. There is another (maybe you) that is frequently parked on the piers on ***.
Old 9/2/11, 08:05 PM
Bullitt Member

The one with Package 5 I saw was at Kimnach Ford, but since they were bought out and closed down, I believe the one I posted up earlier was the one they used to have, was just moved to a different dealer.

I'm in Deep Creek so I'm pretty close to Battlefield.

Don't get down toward the piers a lot. I'm stationed over by Gate 4 at one of the Helo Commands. Transferring in 2 weeks to FL.

Last edited by Ordie; 9/2/11 at 08:09 PM.
Old 9/8/11, 11:56 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Ordie
The one with Package 5 I saw was at Kimnach Ford, but since they were bought out and closed down, I believe the one I posted up earlier was the one they used to have, was just moved to a different dealer.

I'm in Deep Creek so I'm pretty close to Battlefield.

Don't get down toward the piers a lot. I'm stationed over by Gate 4 at one of the Helo Commands. Transferring in 2 weeks to FL.
I'm pretty sure that we were side by side coming in gate 4 a month or two ago. Good luck to you in Florida, and thanks for your service.
Old 9/8/11, 02:07 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Wow .. I thought my Sunset Gold was Rare ... wonder if Lava Red is rarer ..

Last edited by dmhines; 9/8/11 at 02:09 PM.

Quick Reply: How many Lava Red cars made