Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

Who uses Tire Shine on their Boss?

Search this Thread

Old 12/31/13, 07:41 AM
Cobra Member

Location: NJ. Waiting for our Gov. to be held accountable for his actions>>>Jersey Broke
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by Krohn
So... if you want a really good SHINE for tires ONLY, what would you use?

If you want a great matte protectant inside, which would you use?
Thats a loaded question on tires. Not everyone is looking for the same amount of shine. Me myself, I dont want a shine to my rubber. I'm looking for a clean natural look. I never liked the shinny look. But thats me.
Old 12/31/13, 09:03 AM
FR500 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Turtle wax has this new black tire spray that ive been wanting to try. Nice wet looking shine (not too shiny) but dry to the touch. Its 12 bucks at most auto stores like autozone or oʻreileys so it might ne worth a try at least. I know Tuffshine makes great wheel & tire care products though
Old 1/6/14, 12:40 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I live on a dirt road, that would be a NO for me!
Old 1/6/14, 01:22 PM
GT Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by SD GT
+1

Aerospace 303 Protectant leaves a matte finish, and can be used on interior, tires, and plastics. Also has great UV protection.
And since I'm a pilot, it makes sense to use an aerospace product.
Absolutely the best out there. I apply in dabs with a sponge. Takes longer but gives the tires a new look without the wet shine look.
Old 1/14/14, 05:17 PM
V6 Member

I started using the Black Magic Tire Wet Wax. Really thick stuff, and goes on with a sponge. I use it sparingly to avoid extra-shine, and it leaves them nice and dark. Seems to last...but I'm not driving it everyday either.

Takes some time to get it on evenly, but I think it's worth it.
Old 1/14/14, 05:25 PM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by silver86
I started using the Black Magic Tire Wet Wax. Really thick stuff, and goes on with a sponge. I use it sparingly to avoid extra-shine, and it leaves them nice and dark. Seems to last...but I'm not driving it everyday either. Takes some time to get it on evenly, but I think it's worth it.
I use that right now and its so tedious gettin an even coat. Plus when its dusty outside you can see it all sticking to the tires. I really wanna move to that turtle wax black tire spray
Old 1/14/14, 05:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I came of age with the montage "Armor All" = "Harm It All".
I don't touch the stuff.
Old 2/17/14, 10:49 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by CCTking
Turtle wax has this new black tire spray that ive been wanting to try. Nice wet looking shine (not too shiny) but dry to the touch. Its 12 bucks at most auto stores like autozone or oʻreileys so it might ne worth a try at least.

If you're talking about this stuff...

I tried it for the first time this weekend.

Really easy application. It's a clear spray like a spray paint. Coat your tires until they are shiny, wipe off any overspray from your rims while it's still wet, and then just let it sit for about 15-20 minutes.

REALLY even and shiny coating. Totally dry to the touch. It's smooth to the touch so you can tell there is some depth to the coating. You can't feel the tire rubber underneath. I let some dry on one rim just to see what it was and it peeled off into little rubber-like *****. Almost like a spray polyurethane coating.

I put it on Saturday afternoon and it still looks like it's freshly coated in oil. Really shiny glaze that looks so wet you're afraid to touch it. Every bit as shiny as the picture on the package.

I'm talking seriously shiny...

(not my car)

Last edited by Moustang; 2/17/14 at 11:03 PM.
Old 2/17/14, 11:46 PM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by Moustang
If you're talking about this stuff... I tried it for the first time this weekend. Really easy application. It's a clear spray like a spray paint. Coat your tires until they are shiny, wipe off any overspray from your rims while it's still wet, and then just let it sit for about 15-20 minutes. REALLY even and shiny coating. Totally dry to the touch. It's smooth to the touch so you can tell there is some depth to the coating. You can't feel the tire rubber underneath. I let some dry on one rim just to see what it was and it peeled off into little rubber-like *****. Almost like a spray polyurethane coating. I put it on Saturday afternoon and it still looks like it's freshly coated in oil. Really shiny glaze that looks so wet you're afraid to touch it. Every bit as shiny as the picture on the package. I'm talking seriously shiny... (not my car)
Yea super shiny. However i found that on windy days dirt likes to stick to it but its nothing a good wash cant fix. Croftgate usa tire shine (that also cleans) gives a nice clean matte finish while being truly dry to the touch and is pretty easy go maintain. I really wanna try the new turtle wax enduro tire shine kit. Tire cleaner, gel and applicator
Old 2/18/14, 07:05 AM
Cobra Member

Super shiny tires aren't for me, and I can't say enough good things about 303. Just the right amount of 'new tire' look without the over slicked greasy appearance you get with these other products. After applying, it looks great for days and freshens up easily with a quick spray on the same cotton shop towel and one wipe around the wheel.

303 is also great to use when you clean your engine bay and you want to spruce up the COI and engine cover, etc. There's a lot of plastic on these cars, and I use 303 for most of them, but use Einszett on the weather strips.
Old 2/18/14, 02:40 PM
Mach 1 Member

That Turtle Wax looks very nice. I love a set of slick looking tires. To each his own...
Old 2/18/14, 02:57 PM
Cobra Member

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts
I don't like shiny tires. New tires are not shiny. I use Griot's Garage Vinyl and Rubber Dressing to get a rich matte black appearance.
Old 2/18/14, 04:44 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If you're talking about this stuff...

I tried it for the first time this weekend.

Really easy application. It's a clear spray like a spray paint. Coat your tires until they are shiny, wipe off any overspray from your rims while it's still wet, and then just let it sit for about 15-20 minutes.

REALLY even and shiny coating. Totally dry to the touch. It's smooth to the touch so you can tell there is some depth to the coating. You can't feel the tire rubber underneath. I let some dry on one rim just to see what it was and it peeled off into little rubber-like *****. Almost like a spray polyurethane coating.

I put it on Saturday afternoon and it still looks like it's freshly coated in oil. Really shiny glaze that looks so wet you're afraid to touch it. Every bit as shiny as the picture on the package.

I'm talking seriously shiny...

(not my car)
Dang that looks crazy smoking good
Old 2/18/14, 04:56 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I don't use anything on the interior except a damp cloth once in a while to remove dust.
I had my 01 Mustang for 9 years, most in Hawaii and the dash looked as good as the day I got it. I really don't think a dash needs protection but I could be wrong.
Old 2/21/14, 08:31 AM
JPC
Bullitt Member

What's "tire shine"?

Does it add HP or traction?
..............lol.......
Old 2/21/14, 10:09 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by ace72ace
Super shiny tires aren't for me, and I can't say enough good things about 303. Just the right amount of 'new tire' look without the over slicked greasy appearance you get with these other products. After applying, it looks great for days and freshens up easily with a quick spray on the same cotton shop towel and one wipe around the wheel.
i have been a long time user of 303, but never knew it can be used as tire dressing. thanks for the info. i use it on all the plastic stuff.. which i have plenty now with all the roush splitters surronding the car... rear diffusers n all.. engine too..
Old 2/21/14, 10:15 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
I use 303 on all rubber and synthetics.
Old 2/26/14, 02:25 AM
FR500 Member

If you're talking about this stuff... I tried it for the first time this weekend. Really easy application. It's a clear spray like a spray paint. Coat your tires until they are shiny, wipe off any overspray from your rims while it's still wet, and then just let it sit for about 15-20 minutes. REALLY even and shiny coating. Totally dry to the touch. It's smooth to the touch so you can tell there is some depth to the coating. You can't feel the tire rubber underneath. I let some dry on one rim just to see what it was and it peeled off into little rubber-like *****. Almost like a spray polyurethane coating. I put it on Saturday afternoon and it still looks like it's freshly coated in oil. Really shiny glaze that looks so wet you're afraid to touch it. Every bit as shiny as the picture on the package. I'm talking seriously shiny... (not my car)
One thing i did though was i tried bein extra careful. Put index cards all around the wheel so i would accidently spray it. Also masked off around the wheel well to avoid it gettin on the paint. Its been about a month and even after scrubbing with foaming degreaser, eagle one all wheel & tire cleaner with a brass bristled brush they still shine!
Attached Thumbnails Who uses Tire Shine on their Boss?-image-1921802534.jpg   Who uses Tire Shine on their Boss?-image-1702039277.jpg  
Old 2/26/14, 08:19 AM
Cobra Member

Location: NJ. Waiting for our Gov. to be held accountable for his actions>>>Jersey Broke
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
To me and just me....I believe tires are not suppose to be such a High Gloss Shine. It just is not the way a tire is suppose to look.

Paint YES / Tires NO. I could just think of other ways to spend my time than masking and index cards to shine my tires.
I love clean cars but have to draw the line.

Again thats just me. Nice Ride.
Old 3/28/15, 02:05 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
ok, washing the Boss today and might go down to the local Auto Parts place and pick up some water based product.

Dave

Quick Reply: Who uses Tire Shine on their Boss?