Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

Need Help, Found PP0005

Old 1/6/13, 07:08 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah, I understand the whole "buy the car of your dreams" scenario, but I've gone through many many sports cars, muscle cars, exotics ect. I really don't think I've ever found a "car of my dreams". Being in the car business, kinda ruined the whole dream car idea for me. There's too many great cars out there.
As for the "working man" comment, that's all I am. My job requires me 6 days a week, just like alot of us here I bet. Whats possibly different about me is I carry no debt, not married, have a modest house payment, and 1 to 2 car payments, been that way for years. I don't write checks for these cars, so my credit union knows me by name.

Live below your means, and save for the future, and allow yourself to enjoy a few things in life.

I'd say the current Mustangs are some of the best cars out there for sheer thrill, power and price. Even if they are not cutting edge, these hold their own.
Old 1/6/13, 07:22 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Hey I still don't like the Boss much but it seems like a special car. LS pre production low miles and a few grand less than any other LS. You still have full factory warranty from the start date. The fact that its pre production is cool no matter how you look at it. You really got nothing to lose if that's the car you want.
Old 1/6/13, 07:58 PM
V6 Member

My Boss LS is the first car I've ever owned where I wasn't immediately thinking about what was next . . . I trade in my cars every year or two but this one is going to be with me for a long time. My '13 LS really gets under my skin and I am glad that I have another vehicle for daily driving so that I can keep the miles off the Boss (I loved my regular '12 Boss, too, but the LS is even better).

If you want that PP, then definitely get it. I don't really see a downside. I suspect that 30 years from now on Barrett Jackson it will be worth a fortune.
Old 1/6/13, 08:16 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by PP0005
Pre-pro's serve a few functions, first is to test assembly. Pre-pro's always have a lot of quality control inspections. Also, they are returned to Ford's in house service department to receive update and retro-fits.
This was my experience from when I was fortunate to have driven a PP car for the 2008 Bullitt run.

Pre-Pro's (as they are called) are then for the Zone, Region and District Ford employees to use for demonstration, (Not for Demo service), but used to show the product off to Dealers, and the public at different shows, events and functions where new cars are needed. Ford Exec's and Field Personnel are the only ones allowed to Drive a pre-pro unit.
One notable exception was when IMBOC (International Mustang Bullitt Owners Club) was provided a PP car back in late 2007. A few of us also had the good fortune to speak with the Chief Engineer at the time, as well as other Ford engineers and marketing staff. We heard that these cars were given extra care, despite their usage. Oddly enough, the PP car that a few of us drove had served as the Bullitt "jump car" for Motor Trend magazine, so we were definitely curious about that car making it back out into the market :-) It turns out that it did indeed get sold to someone who had been made aware of its lineage. The car has been solid for him, although he mainly uses it for collection purposes.

In short, if I was in your position, I'd purchase it.

PS: Pre-Pro's are usually highly discounted.
Well, it would appear that you need to make a judgment on whether $2000 is a "high discount" on this vehicle!

Last edited by Tony Alonso; 1/6/13 at 08:17 PM.
Old 1/6/13, 08:20 PM
Bullitt Member

If it is NOT going to be a daily driver then I say buy it.
Old 1/7/13, 10:59 PM

hi Jason
I own pp0003 c/o the plate does not have vin and vehicle number on it I agree with PTRocks Ford has made a new one for this car.The background is a different color then the one on my engine.The plate on my engine has vin and vehicle number on it.My car went through the auction with 125 km with not a marks on it.I would make sure that the plate was the only thing that was replaced.I paid a lot more then the price the dealer is asking for the Ls you are looking at.The other Ls you found vin number 5199915 must be pp0006.PP0004 is a boss c/o good luck with your research.
Old 1/8/13, 07:31 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by frankbear
hi Jason
I own pp0003 c/o the plate does not have vin and vehicle number on it I agree with PTRocks Ford has made a new one for this car.The background is a different color then the one on my engine.The plate on my engine has vin and vehicle number on it.My car went through the auction with 125 km with not a marks on it.I would make sure that the plate was the only thing that was replaced.I paid a lot more then the price the dealer is asking for the Ls you are looking at.The other Ls you found vin number 5199915 must be pp0006.PP0004 is a boss c/o good luck with your research.
5199915 turns out to be PP0001, with a frame damage disclosure though.

I wired the money to them yesterday, but my salesman still hasn't produced any confirmation that there isn't a damage disclosure from the sale. I would say the car is undamaged, but its fairly simple to pass along supporting documents to back up what they say.
I think its some sort of law they have to disclose a certain amount of damage, and if its announced at auction.
If I can't get a firm confirmation today, I'm having the wire sent back to me. They haven't even sent a purchase order to me yet !
Old 1/8/13, 08:45 AM
GT Member

I backed out today, car is available...
Old 1/8/13, 09:26 AM

hi Jason
sorry to hear that you backed out on the deal. You should try to find the auction the car was sold from.Then i would ask some wholesalers that do buisness with the ford store you work at. One of them might be able to get that info.
good luck
Old 1/8/13, 02:27 PM
GT Member

My Ford rep can't get any info for me, the car is available to anyone that wants it...

Last edited by PP0005; 1/9/13 at 10:40 AM. Reason: better info
Old 1/8/13, 02:43 PM
V6 Member

Did you back out because of the shaky seller or because of something you learned from your Ford rep?
Old 1/9/13, 10:04 AM
GT Member

Back in on the deal Finally got someone other than a salesman to give me some help at the dealership. I spoke with the dealership owner, and the Used Car Manager that bought it, and got the Manhiem Report from the sale.
I feel MUCH better, and its a good car ! Too much stress in the last day and a half !

They are verifying the engine numbers and the rear axle numbers with the original build info for me now.

The Ford Reps I could get in touch with , couldn't verify anything on the car, so that didn't help the situation.
Old 1/9/13, 10:19 AM
V6 Member

I think that doing your due diligence is smart and will prevent you from regretting the purchase. You are essentially buying a piece of history, which is really cool from my perspective. It will also probably be worth a fortune down the road! Good luck!

John
Old 1/9/13, 10:38 AM
GT Member

Thanks, I now have the photos from the manhiem Ford Factory sale as well as pics of the engine block numbers and rear axle numbers matching up to the Oasis Build report.
They have a master tech there, and he says the car has never been taken apart.
Old 1/9/13, 10:57 AM
V6 Member

Ok now I am confused - you say the mechanic says the car has never been taken apart but is this the one that has the front frame damage disclosure? It doesn't change my belief that if the car was repaired well enough for Ford to resell it would be fine to purchase, I am just wondering.
Old 1/9/13, 11:07 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by KonaBlueeBoss302
Ok now I am confused - you say the mechanic says the car has never been taken apart but is this the one that has the front frame damage disclosure? It doesn't change my belief that if the car was repaired well enough for Ford to resell it would be fine to purchase, I am just wondering.
Different car, I believe; #1 IIRC from earlier in this thread
Old 1/9/13, 01:59 PM
GT Member

Correct the mechanic has inspected PP0005 (my car) and found to be untouched.

PP0001 is awaiting sale at Manhiem with a frame damage disclosure.

I think PP0001 is still a car to own, even with the damage history that does not show up on Carfax btw... Thats info I copied and saved on that car, in case anyone may want it in the future.
Old 1/9/13, 02:39 PM
V6 Member

Ah ok thank you for clearing that up!
Old 1/9/13, 05:44 PM
GT Member

Here's some pics of what they took at the service department for me today, Should be engine #, Axle # and Transmission #
Attached Thumbnails Need Help, Found PP0005-photo.jpg   Need Help, Found PP0005-photo-3.jpg   Need Help, Found PP0005-photo-2.jpg  
Old 1/9/13, 05:49 PM
GT Member

Manhiem Ford Sale Condition Report
close
Gallery of multi-view images plus major damage photosModel-specific options and description data using industry enhanced toolsInterior and exterior condition using state-of-the-art standardized inspection processesManheim's AutoGrade delivers consistency and accuracyMaintenance checks with advisementWheel and tire informationSpecial notes and disclosuresVisual structural inspection****does not include lift, pit or ramp, test drive or mechanical repair estimate

close
Manheim Abbreviations 4 X 2 - 2 wheel drive4 X 4 - 4 wheel driveA/C - Air ConditioningACS - Active Comfort SeatsALT - Aluminum TrimARH - Adjustable Ride HeightARP - Adaptive Ride PackageAWD - All Wheel DriveAXL - Adaptive Xenon LightsBooks - may or may not include service recordsBXL - Bi-xenon HeadlightsCD - Compact Disc PlayerCONV. PKG - Convenience PackageCS - Comfort SeatsCTL - ControlCWP - Cold Weather PackageDMG - DamagedDSC - Directional Stability ControlEDC - Electronic Damping ControlExtra Keys - Master key/K1, K2; Remotes/R1, R2 (subject to number of keys returned with vehicle)FDRS - Fold Down Rear SeatsGR - Greater ThanHS - Heated SeatsHSW - Heated Steering WheelHT - Removable HardtopHUD - Head-up DisplayIn ? Op InoperativeL/F - Left FrontL/R - Left RearLUX SEATS - Luxury Seating PackageMCC - Manual Climate ControlMULT - MultipleMtpl - Multiple InstancesNAV - Navigational SystemNo Books - NO BOOKSOBC - On Board ComputerOEM - Original Equipment ManufacturePDC - Parking Distance ControlPDR - Paint less Dent RemovalPERF PKG - Performance PackagePhone - BMW Cell PhonePNL - PanelPREM PKG - Premium PackagePremium Sound - DSP, HK, M Audio, L7PREV - PreviousPWR - PowerRCS - Rear Comfort SeatsR/F - Right FrontRHS - Rear Heated SeatsR/R - Right RearRP - Rollover ProtectionRPL - ReplaceRPLD - ReplacedRVS - Rear Ventilated SeatsSCRT - ScratchSLF - Sliding Load FloorSLS - Self-leveling Rear SuspensionSMG - Sequential Manual GearboxSP - Spare TireSPT PKG - Sport PackageSPT/PREM PKG - Sport/Premium Package- SPT/PREM PKGSS - SunshadesST - Steptronic TransmissionSUBSTD - Substandard RepairTPM - Tire Pressure MonitorWT - Wood TrimXL - Xenon Lights
Manheim Detroit600 Will Carleton RdCarleton, MI 48117-9704(734) 654-7100VEHICLE DETAILS - 2012 FORD MUSTANG V8 CPE BOSS 302 VIN: 1ZVBP8CU4C5199916 Body Style: 2DCPTop Type: Hard TopExt Color: BLACK- UAInt Color: BLK- MWOdometer: 322 Work Order: 2281693Seller: FORD MOTOR CREDIT COMPANY Received Date: 11/13/2012Sale Number: 47Lane Number: 20Run Number: 2Inspector: SMURNEY 11/19/2012InService Date: 01/07/2011Category Code: CSV VEHICLE IMAGES
GRADING
Grade 4.8
Clean
More About Auto Grade
MSRP - Not Available
Engine Starts - Yes *This grade was calculated under the assumption that some repairs may be covered under manufacturer warranty. VEHICLE INFORMATIONOPTIONS 50 State Emissions
A/C
CD Player
Cruise Control
Dual Air Bags
Front Reading Lamps
Intermittent Wipers
Leather Steering Wheel
Power Locks
Power Mirrors
Power Trunk Release
Power Windows
Pwr Steering
Rear Defrost
Rear Spoiler
Remote Trunk Release
Security System
Side Air Bags
Steering Wheel Audio Control
Tilt Steering
Tire Inflator
Tire Pressure Monitor System
Traction Control
Trip Computer
Trip Counter
US EPA Label
MECHANICAL 8 Cylinder Gas
6 Speed
Pwr Brakes
4X2
5.0 L
INTERIOR Odometer - Digits Digital -Operable
Int Odor: OK
Cloth - MW
Regular Dash
Interior Condition - Average
TIRES AND WHEELSWheels:AlloyTireTread DepthBrandSizeLeft Front:7/32"PIRELLI255/40ZR19Left Rear:7/32"PIRELLI285/35ZR19Right Front:7/32"PIRELLI255/40ZR19Right Rear:7/32"PIRELLI285/35ZR19Spare:N/A N/AN/A KEYS Combo Key - 2
OTHER Title State: MI
Title Received Date: 11/19/2012
Org Mfg Basic Warranty: 3 Years/36,000 Miles
Org Mfg Powertrain Warranty: 5 Years/60,000 Miles
*Manheim is not responsible for voided warranties ADDITIONAL INFORMATION *TEST VEHICLE*, Factory Common Abbreviations

DAMAGE SUMMARY AND ADDITIONAL IMAGES
Open All Damages
Close All Damages

Miscellaneous
IMAGEDESCRIPTIONCONDITIONSEVERITY RF Door PinstripeRemove/InstallRemoval Required

Repaired
IMAGEDESCRIPTIONCONDITIONSEVERITY

Repaired
IMAGEDESCRIPTIONCONDITIONSEVERITYREPAIR
STATUSRF DoorDent/No Paint Dmg1" to 2"Completed

VIN: 1ZVBP8CU4C5199916, Work Order: 2281693 © Manheim All Rights Reserved

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Need Help, Found PP0005