2012-2013 BOSS 302

Extended Warranty

Search this Thread

Old 9/12/11, 12:56 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by FordCustomerService
Hi guys,

As usual, I just wanted to add my 2¢! For those of you with a Boss 302s, it is eligible for any Ford ESP. You can speak with the Sales Manager at your Ford dealer for information or you can find a plan that suits you here: http://owner.ford.com/servlet/Conten...r/Page/ESPPage.

Deysha
I still wonder why my Ford Dealer would sell me a Fidelity warranty.
Old 9/12/11, 01:18 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here is an update, this was not a Ford ESP plan, when I went online and followed the trail it was a US Warranty Plan, sold to dealers to 'resell'. I was not happy when I called the number and it was a local Florida Co. Close to the location of the Dealership. They only had weekday phone and claims hours. That was a big Red Flag for me. I just got back from the dealership after getting my 649 dollars back Whew!!! Thanks to help and guidance from the folks here. I gave the dealership another chance to earn my trust back, by asking for a copy of the contract in Detail. Not just a glossy brochure. Get this, they couldnt produce it. I was very glad to have them refund my credit card!

Which brings me to a thought, how do u shop for an extended warranty if u plan to track your car occasionally ?
Old 9/12/11, 01:20 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Mach1mania
I paid 800.00 total, Zero deductible, 7 years bumper to bumper, 48,000 miles, because I knew I wasent going to be.putting mileage on. I had. 2004 Mach1 and only had 21,000 miles after 7 years.
That sounds like a good deal for me too possibly.
Old 9/12/11, 01:22 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by cdynaco

What is weird to me is that they never mentioned Ford's ESP even after i asked for an extended warranty with the fine print so i could read it!
Old 9/12/11, 01:25 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
You don't have to buy an extended warranty now. You can wait a couple years if you choose. Knowing a lot of mustang owners, not many hang on to the same car for very long. Everyone plans on keeping them forever but I am on my 4th stang and I'm not finished. The dealership finance manager will be glad to sell you a ext warr at anytime as long as you are still covered under factory warranty.
Old 9/12/11, 01:26 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

It's just another ext plan that the finance dept. will sell. I'm sure if the kickback is good enough from fidelity, they will push that plan.
Old 9/12/11, 01:29 PM
Bullitt Member

note that....

ford extended warranties (ESP) are transferable. That could be a valuable differentiator if the time ever came to sell the boss.
Old 9/12/11, 01:58 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by AlsCobra
It's just another ext plan that the finance dept. will sell. I'm sure if the kickback is good enough from fidelity, they will push that plan.
No doubt commissions are involved, but you would think they would push their own company's product.
I've never wanted an ext warranty but my Bullitt was the first new car for me since 94, and I wasn't sure about all the ECU controlled stuff. I'm up to speed now, and a decent mechanic, so I didn't buy one on my 10. Bought factory manuals for both cars.
I opted for a 7/70 because the Bullitt is garaged for 6 mos. I knew the years would run out before the miles. After 3 1/2 yrs I'm only at 14,500.
The Dealer pushed the Fidelity because it has a "return of premium" if I don't use it. That would make it work out ok in the end. Of course I'll believe that when the check clears.

Last edited by cdynaco; 9/12/11 at 01:59 PM.
Old 9/13/11, 08:53 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by AlsCobra
You don't have to buy an extended warranty now. You can wait a couple years if you choose. The dealership finance manager will be glad to sell you a ext warr at anytime as long as you are still covered under factory warranty.
Hi cdynaco,

Since dealers are independently owned and operated, they will have the option to sell Ford ESPs or they can elect to sell an aftermarket ESP. AlsCobra also makes a great point. You can purchase an ESP at any time as long as you are under the New Vehicle Limited Warranty. Any time after that, you will have to speak to your Sales/Finance Manager at your local Ford dealer.

Deysha
Old 9/13/11, 01:35 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by LadyBoss302
What is weird to me is that they never mentioned Ford's ESP
Same here. I assumed Ford didn't offer any and they were all 3rd party programs.

Originally Posted by FordCustomerService
Hi cdynaco,

Since dealers are independently owned and operated, they will have the option to sell Ford ESPs or they can elect to sell an aftermarket ESP.

Deysha
Thanx!
Old 9/13/11, 04:23 PM
Bullitt Member

Same here. I assumed Ford didn't offer any and they were all 3rd party programs.

Thanx!

Dealerships make money for every extended warranty they sell...which is why they push them so hard and always launch into the speel. And, it is not an insignificant amount! Ext warranties are just like insurance premiums...you pay them, hoping to never use them. Once in a while they will save you some big bucks, but most of the time they are money down the drain. Some of the aftermarket warranty companies pay the dealerships better than the Ford extended warranty does....so they push the aftermarket warranties because they make more money from them. It's really the only reasonable explanation as to why the would offer the others first/over the Ford warranty. I did a stint as a car salesman a few years back (not a Ford dealership ) and even the salesman would get a cut of the warranty money pie, if he could mention an extended warranty and get the ball rolling, so that the finance officer could then close the deal on selling the extended warranty. It seems a bit unscrupulous, but it's just the way the business is.....always good to ask a LOT of questions, do your research before going to the dealership, never take or sign up for something you don't completely understand, be alert and be informed. In many respects it is still Buyer Beware!
Old 9/13/11, 05:41 PM
Rom
V6 Member

So did you end up going with the Ford ESP or a third party insurance?
sorry to respond so late but yes, I got Ford's ESP 5yrs 60k
Old 9/13/11, 07:29 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Rom

sorry to respond so late but yes, I got Ford's ESP 5yrs 60k
Thanks, i am still considering my options since i usually skip it for the reasons others have pointed out. But the Boss is so techy i imagine a major fix in 4 years could cost more than the ext warranty.
Old 9/13/11, 07:59 PM
Post *****

But the Boss is so techy i imagine a major fix in 4 years could cost more than the ext warranty.
Easily. Which is why I bit. And I could finance it in the loan at the time of sale, whereas waiting I could not.
But now that I'm up to speed on the new tech, I'm not afraid to tackle it myself.
Old 9/13/11, 08:12 PM
Bullitt Member

Easily. Which is why I bit. And I could finance it in the loan at the time of sale, whereas waiting I could not.
But now that I'm up to speed on the new tech, I'm not afraid to tackle it myself.
Good for you. I used to tackle fixes on my 1987 Sportster motorcycle until everything went computers controlled now i am a deer in the headlights when it comes to learning to do it myself. I wish i could gain some confidence again. And its funny I am in the computer field for work and it doesnt scare me a bit there ! :-$
Old 9/13/11, 08:32 PM
Post *****

Good for you. I used to tackle fixes on my 1987 Sportster motorcycle until everything went computers controlled now i am a deer in the headlights when it comes to learning to do it myself. I wish i could gain some confidence again. And its funny I am in the computer field for work and it doesnt scare me a bit there ! :-$
Well you know, the basics of an internal combustion engine stay the same. But now with an added layer of sensors and controls. So instead of a screwdriver for the carb and a box end for the distributor, with a proper techy device, plug in and the error codes help narrow it down if your ear and reasoning still leave you hanging.
So you've got a head start on many.
Its truly amazing what I've learned on this forum and a few others. Sadly a huge section of tech info was lost in the 09 crash, but if you can't find it, post a question and help arrives.
Though for me, a manual remains my security blanket.

Last edited by cdynaco; 9/13/11 at 08:34 PM.
Old 9/13/11, 08:58 PM
Bullitt Member

Well you know, the basics of an internal combustion engine stay the same. But now with an added layer of sensors and controls. So instead of a screwdriver for the carb and a box end for the distributor, with a proper techy device, plug in and the error codes help narrow it down if your ear and reasoning still leave you hanging.
So you've got a head start on many.
Its truly amazing what I've learned on this forum and a few others. Sadly a huge section of tech info was lost in the 09 crash, but if you can't find it, post a question and help arrives.
Though for me, a manual remains my security blanket.
That is an important point, the handy shop manual do u think getting one for a 2012 Boss will spark me to tinker, i can only wonder.. I am actually laughing at the thought. But i will buy the manual if it exists, thanks for the inspiration. First job get rid of those baffles!!!!
Old 9/14/11, 08:32 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Thanx!
You're very welcome, cdynaco!

Deysha
Old 9/14/11, 03:21 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by phytrpilot
For those wanting an extended warranty, check "Flood Ford" who has the best prices for authentic warranties. How do I know; someone on this forum late last year or early 2011 had done the research and it was true. Warranty is honored throughout entire country.
This is AWESOME! You can get an unbelievable deal here! Thank you for this tip!!

http://www.floodfordesp.com/
Old 2/19/13, 05:04 PM

Hello, I love this site.

I just purchased a 2013 Grabber Blue GT 6SPD. It came with 4700 Miles ( the owner had to sell it to the dealer ) lost it as i heard due to financial issues. So I ended up picking up for 26.904, and 0 down and financing it for 72 months @ 537 a month... Yeah i know it comes out to 38K... which brings me down to question what i get my self into.

the car was 26,906
Pursuit Security 300
ETCH PP1 3000 179 ? is it worth it?
DENT and WHEEL STD 120 ?
PAINT & INT Protection 199.00 >? ( thought this was included in my limited warranty from ford )

Now the car total is 27,704
+ tax ( got to pay uncle sam )
License FEE

documentation fee...

now comes the fun part.

GAP INSURANCE 400
and 2800 for EXTENDER BREAKDOWN agreement.

Do i really need these two?

The total price is 34.422. and some change, but here is where my dilemma kicks in..

I was offered an extended service contract + GAP insurance for a total of 2800 for LONGHORN extended contract and gap which was included in the price ( however i see a line where they are charging me with it ) so now i am come to question is it really worth buying the 6 year 75000 mile PLATINUM Coverage and raising my insurance deductible to 1000?

I was informed that FORD's BUMPER TO BUMPER Is LIMITED... And was not informed about the POWER TRAIN WARRANTY at all which i found then in the USER GUIDE..

Any help would be appreciated... IF i refund this insurance... i would get 2800 knocked off my PURCHASE PRICE and that is huge!!!

Thank you,

P.S since my bank is US bank, are they allowed to increase my INTEREST? I thought that is not possible?

Last edited by Aleksandar Dragosavljevic; 2/19/13 at 05:08 PM.

Quick Reply: Extended Warranty