Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

Current trade-in value of a '12 Boss 302 is...

Search this Thread

Old 9/10/14, 05:00 PM
APW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks. That's what I was thinking too. Cars.com listings for 2012 Boss with less then 10K miles are mostly asking $38K to $42K range...
Old 9/10/14, 06:11 PM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts
IN certain areas the BOSS is worth a Ton. Look at some different states. You could always use Ebay or sell it on your own. The few that go up for sale in my little town are gone in a week.

Tesla Yea it is a Joke. Laser I bet you have some stories. I love the auto business and my company does allot with the auto manufacturers.Some manufactures are something else. Telsa IN a hole different league of well you know...

What can I say they run on batteries.

Well watch this:: http://jalopnik.com/heres-what-a-tes...rin-1600644908

performance is for gas only. LOL

Back to the Boss
Old 9/10/14, 09:58 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by Jazzman442
IN certain areas the BOSS is worth a Ton. Look at some different states. You could always use Ebay or sell it on your own. The few that go up for sale in my little town are gone in a week. Tesla Yea it is a Joke. Laser I bet you have some stories. I love the auto business and my company does allot with the auto manufacturers.Some manufactures are something else. Telsa IN a hole different league of well you know... What can I say they run on batteries. Well watch this:: http://jalopnik.com/heres-what-a-tes...rin-1600644908 performance is for gas only. LOL Back to the Boss
Doesn't look like the lawsuit will be done with until next year. I have a LOT of stories.
Old 9/11/14, 06:48 AM
Cobra Member

Off and on topic

Good read and video. The next gen Tesla a Roadster would probably be a better choice for the 'Ring. Maybe in another 10+ years there will be an electric car that complete a full lap, but it was great to think the current model was projecting to the 9 minute range.

And he's right, these things are spooky quiet...

One of my sons friends has a Dad that has one, that I've driven. It's just as fast as the Boss and high tech to boot. Maybe their labor practices suck, but I can assure you - from first hand experience - it's one hell of a sedan. Cost a lot? Yep. Limited use due to lack of charging stations? Yep. Expensive high tech performance? Yep.

I've read some of the long term test reviews, and while their have been glitches and QA issues, just about everything was taken care of under warranty. It's impossible to produce a brand spanking new vehicle without their being problems that need to be identified and corrected. So far Tesla seems to be taking care of their customers.

One other thing, while we are totally off topic. Just because some one here has a bone to pick (lawsuit) with Tesla doesn't mean the entire company is a bucket of crap. All of the big 3 US car companies have been sued at one point or another for all kinds of stuff. I bet their are hundreds or thousands of people that hate Ford, GM, and/or Chrysler. And now Tesla having their day in court. I don't have a dog in this fight and I hope that both sides can reach an amicable settlement.

As far as being 'worked to death' or having crazy long hours at the job... it comes as part of the package with *ANY* startup. Just because Tesla is doing things on a massive scale and may have seemingly surpassed or grown beyond the 'we gotta do anything to survive' growth stage, their future is still in doubt. Nobody wants to be taken advantage of, promised the moon, then lied to, given empty promises, and then shown the door or finally abandon ship. There have been countless startup employees who gave their heart, soul, blood, sweat, and tears to their companies to do whatever it took to start turning a profit before the funding ran out. Some made a fortune, most didn't, and have nothing to show for for their efforts.

You've got stories? Join the club. Their are millions of people with similar or worse stories. Tesla will survive if it can sell enough units to stay profitable. Period. As I said before, good luck in your suit, I hope the verdict is in your favor to justly compensate you. Once the gag order is lifted it would be interesting to hear the details in the off topic section of the forum.

If this post sounds like a personal attack from an Elon Musk fanboi, so be it. It's just the other side of the coin. There will be market share for electrics in the future, and billions have been invested in Tesla already, with even more in the future. I'm interested to see the Model X SUV and pickup truck designs. Way more polarizing than the bland offerings from GM, Nissan, and the tepid hybrids from Ford and Lexus.

Oh and if the guy selling that 12 Boss is in CA, shoot me a PM. I've been trying to get my Evo driver out of that and into a real car.
Old 9/11/14, 07:52 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Lol you think because they took care of the 4-5 magazine long term cars, that's evident that they have been taking care of *all* customers? No. False. We were specifically told, from the VP down, to track *those* specific VINs, to always keep an eye on them and make sure if they have a problem, to give TOP priority to those magazine cars. And problems, they had.

We were told to always have a loaner for them, even if that meant a "regular" customer didn't get one. We were told to get those cars out the door as quickly as possible, even cannibalizing our loaners/test drive cars to get those magazine cars fixed, all the while customer cars sat and waited at the shop for weeks, waiting for parts on back order, parts that the magazine cars got the next day...off some other car.

Those magazine cars do not tell the whole story, and that's to be expected I guess. To me, that was some of the shadiest practices I have ever seen. It would have been MUCH more honest to just take care of the cars in the order we got them, since the magazines had NO idea they were getting preferential treatment...solely because the company's reputation rested on their print. I would have much rather seen the company tell the magazines - "hey, we have a problem with this, there's a shortage of parts, and we have to take care of our customers who have been patiently waiting." That, to me, would be worth so much more to the company's reputation, than hiding the fact that the Model S is a piece of garbage, and trying to keep the image of customer service for the print industry.

Hey, believe whatever you want. Go buy one. They're fast as hell. But just wait until you have a major problem (and major problem you will have). You will get treated like crap and when your car sits in the shop for a week, ask the SM which magazine car is getting parts before yours, and watch him or her squirm.

You can tell me other companies do this and that all you want. Last I checked, growing up I was always told by my parents that "well so and so does it too!" was not a valid excuse. Tesla is the infant in the car industry. They have no right to act like a company that has 100 years of clout. You want to show the old dinosaurs up? You put your money where your mouth is. Fess up to your mistakes. Don't act like everything is perfect and promise the world to your customers and employees, when you have NO way of delivering on those promises.

I am not complaining about working my a** off. I work my a** off no matter where I work, because that's my nature. I'm complaining about working my a** off for a company that doesn't give a f*ck about its employees or customers. Said company is barely 10 years old, and think it's okay to act like they've been around the block and can treat everyone like they are God's given gift to this green earth. Fact: Tesla is not. Electric cars have been around for over a hundred years. Any one of the big manufacturers can do exactly what Tesla has done, if they really wanted to.

Trust me, I loved Tesla before I worked there. Even after the first time I worked there, in sales, I said I would never go back...after they laid off the entire sales staff, due to only selling 9 Roadster worldwide in February 2010, right smack in the middle of the recession and one of the coldest winters on record. I had only been in sales for 2 weeks. That problem had nothing to do with me, but it didn't matter. They laid off everyone, and were interviewing our replacements while we sat there struggling to pick out fresh leads in a contact database that was 4-5 years old. Our Director was never available for help, because she was forced to interview our replacements all day.

Even then, I understood it as "just business," though it was an idiotic business move. I still wanted the company to succeed. Heck, even now, I still want the company to succeed. The people that work there in the trenches are some of the most genuine, hard working people I've ever met. Too bad upper management doesn't give a rat's a** about any of them. The day you get tired of working 60+ hours a week, get told to do more work, with less OT, you're out. There's a 1,000 people in the Bay Area that want your job.

And that's exactly why I want to get out of this place. I'm only 27, and I'm ready to move out into the middle of nowhere, with no traffic, no people, no technology suffocating my every move. Tesla, Apple, Microsoft, Google, Twitter, Facebook etc. I'm so done with all of that. They're all the same.

Ford's customer service might not be any better, but at least I know they didn't survive over 100 years by screwing over their most loyal customers and employees. I'm sure they have his stuff from the public too, but I don't hear their CEO spouting off about how their customer service is the best ever, and how they have a loaner fleet for when your car is in service (which was a flat out lie, by Tesla).

Anyways, end of my rant. Anyone else have any more questions, PM me.
Old 9/11/14, 12:46 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Gee.....and I thought y'all were talking about the 80's rock band Tesla.
Old 9/11/14, 01:58 PM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts
I thought this was abotu Boss 302's?

I will say this. You can look it up. Telsa sues anyone that says any bad thing about them. Elon is the biggest *** on the planet. You say one bad thing he sues you. A magazine did this and he sued them.

Wait till you have an accident in one. The fire dept will get out and tell you to stay in the car till hasmat gets here. You will be the last to get help. I have seen it on hybrids several times. Good Luck..

I will use Dino fuels forever... I love the people buying the electrics... Save more fuel for me... Oh buy the way. I have a few electric cars that are really fast. I race them they are 1/10 scale rc cars.

Wasn't this a BOSS Thread? LOL
Old 9/11/14, 02:25 PM
Bullitt Member

You can talk all the crap you want about Tesla and Elon but the fact is he must be doing something right as his cars are selling pretty well and the stock is up about 400% over the last year or so. Poor guy.
Old 9/11/14, 02:32 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by orng302
You can talk all the crap you want about Tesla and Elon but the fact is he must be doing something right as his cars are selling pretty well and the stock is up about 400% over the last year or so. Poor guy.
Sure, take care of the publishers, pay em off to say good things about your cars, and yes, they'll fly off the shelves. They are betting on that, even if the bubble never bursts, by the time the truth comes out, they'll be in a much better position to deal with it.

I can't talk about the stock. Tesla has screwed a lot of employees out of their share. I'll leave it at that.
Old 9/12/14, 07:22 AM
Mach 1 Member

I'm probably going to be in my Boss 302 for a long time, but I'm tempted to consider a dark green 2015 GT. It would be nice to have a few more bells and whistles- but I know that after a few years, I'd miss the Boss, because it's so cool, and no GT will ever hold it's value as well as a SVT/Boss type vehicle.
Old 9/13/14, 06:01 PM
Cobra Member

What do you want for bells & whistles? A better stereo and or Nav? You can install a Maestro kit and add both. Sure it's not cheap, but possible. I know the 12 Boss doesn't have a Sync or USB jack, but you can fix that as above.

The 15 GT with track pack is supposed to 'beat' a 12/13 Boss at the track, but it will be an entirely diff feeling with the all new suspension and IRS. The Boss has 'it'. Racing heritage, style, attitude, collectibility, rarity, and machismo.

But a GT at the end of the day is just a GT, that will be produced by the tens of thousands. Would it be fun? Sure. As fun as a Boss? Only you can answer that...
Old 9/23/14, 03:49 PM
Mach 1 Member

Well, a loaded GT 6 speed in Guard Green has a very cool Bullitt look, and I like that. I traded in my '08 Bullitt for the Boss.

I've currently have installed a shosche dash kit, and an AVIC-Pioneer unit, but I'm not as into it as the factory unit in my wife's Ford truck. Not a big deal, I'm going to be in my B2 for quite a few years, very likely.
Old 9/24/14, 07:56 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by ace72ace
The 15 GT with track pack is supposed to 'beat' a 12/13 Boss at the track, but it will be an entirely diff feeling with the all new suspension and IRS.
I will say this, I was at the Woodward Dream cruise last month, and attended the day at the Ford Proving grounds. I got a ride in a 2015 GT with track pack. As we are going around the track, I said to the test driver, "Holy sh*t this thing is fast, it feels like it would beat my car" He asked what kind of car I had, I said a 2012 Laguna Seca, to which he replied "That was the baseline for the new GT."
Old 9/25/14, 08:11 AM
Cobra Member

Location: NJ. Waiting for our Gov. to be held accountable for his actions>>>Jersey Broke
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
A profesional driver can make a Huge differance.
Old 9/26/14, 08:11 AM
Cobra Member

+1 Driver Mod

When I went on my hero laps at Track Attack with the pro driver I was like, HOLY BLEEP, so THIS is what this car can really do! WOW.