Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

Current trade-in value of a '12 Boss 302 is...

Search this Thread

Old 3/18/14, 12:33 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dark grey metallic with 21" silver wheels. The Tesla is brilliant. Disregarding the electric drive, I think most cars will switch to the Tesla "one big touchscreen to do everything" model. After experiencing it, it just doesn't make sense to have a dash with dozens of tiny buttons with cryptic logos on them. The big screen also opens up the option of upgrading and customizing the layout and functionality. Sync/Cue/etc seems quaint in comparison.

As for the electric part: I think we will have ICE cars for a long time, but more in special purpose vehicles. I think regular cars will pretty much all go electric. It just makes more sense. But an offroad pickup will probably have an ICE. Sports cars will probably stay ICE also for weight (and driving experience/sound) reasons.

With all that said, I can't think of any car I'd rather have as my daily driver than the Tesla.
Old 3/22/14, 09:19 PM
GT Member

I see a lot of Tesla's here in the San Diego area...as opposed to Boss Mustangs...lol...
Old 3/22/14, 09:29 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Once the lawsuit is settled, I will tell you all *ALL* about Tesla Motors...

How's the car so far btw?

Last edited by laserred38; 3/22/14 at 09:30 PM.
Old 3/22/14, 09:42 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by laserred38

EVERY auto manufacturer has a product with "a story".

The Tesla shouldn't be any different.
Old 3/22/14, 09:48 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by four-walling
EVERY auto manufacturer has a product with "a story". The Tesla shouldn't be any different.
This is absolutely true. Except for Tesla is a tiny company and is falsely represented as the car world's god-given-gift of perfection by the press/media. Like I said, once I can talk about it, I'll fill in a lot of details that are swept under the rug. Every manufacture does it, but when you've been around for 100 years, you can walk the walk and talk the talk. When you've been around for less than 10 years, and have only made 1.5 cars, there are no excuses for the that goes on within that company.
Old 3/22/14, 09:59 PM
GT Member

This is absolutely true. Except for Tesla is a tiny company and is falsely represented as the car world's god-given-gift of perfection by the press/media. Like I said, once I can talk about it, I'll fill in a lot of details that are swept under the rug. Every manufacture does it, but when you've been around for 100 years, you can walk the walk and talk the talk. When you've been around for less than 10 years, and have only made 1.5 cars, there are no excuses for the that goes on within that company.
I see lots of Volts, Tesla's, and Leafs on the highway.

They all have one thing in common-they are all driving 55-65 miles per hour in the slow lane.

Conserving electricity, I presume.
Old 3/24/14, 08:34 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Originally Posted by zwede
Yeah, Tesla Model S P85+. Motor trend got a 3.9s 0-60, and I've seen them run a 12.3s 1/4 mile. So I'm not really losing any straight line performance. It's not a track car like the Boss, but still tons of fun on the street. The instant torque is addicting. It makes it feel faster than the Boss, actually.

The Model S has been out for a little over a year now and it seems so far it has held up well. A few minor issues like door handles and stuff, but all quickly fixed under warranty. And Tesla will provide a loaner car, unlike Ford (that still annoys me).

I realize I'm being an early adapter here, with the risks (and excitement) that entails.
I had the opportunity to drive that same model and it was amazing! Hard to believe such a large and heavy car can handle that well. Living in NorCal I see one on the road just about every day now not including my neighbor that has one. While not perfect I think this car is a game changer and I agree with you that electric is the future for the DD. Enjoy your new Tesla!
Old 3/28/14, 08:21 PM
Mach 1 Member

lawsuit or not you can share the drama here...

what issues where you having? My wife and I just visited the King of Prussia, PA location to check out the 85S. She loves it as she wanted a 7 passenger SUV and this is faster, more efficient, and just has more cool factor than a MB, Infinity, Denali, etc!
Old 3/28/14, 08:31 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by 12C/OBoss
lawsuit or not you can share the drama here... what issues where you having? My wife and I just visited the King of Prussia, PA location to check out the 85S. She loves it as she wanted a 7 passenger SUV and this is faster, more efficient, and just has more cool factor than a MB, Infinity, Denali, etc!
I can't risk it. It should be settled this year, hopefully by summertime.

I'll say this: the car is amazingly fast and handles great for its size and weight. The interior is a mess of a design, with tons of room but no storage space, and the build quality is a joke for what they're trying to compete with. Now the upper and middle management? The biggest clusterf*ck I've ever seen. The workerbees are some of the hardest working, most loyal employees I've ever seen (aside from my time at Apple, which is a whole 'nother story) yet they work you to death, hang you out to dry, and kick you to the curb when you ask for a day off after working 6 months of 60-70 hour work weeks (not to mention working off the clock at home). And they don't care, because there's a line, thousands deep to work at the overhyped, overglorified golden child of the auto industry. You all will most definitely say "it's just business," and yeah it is, but I'd expect a company to act like that when they've been around for 100 years, not 10.

For the record, the only Tesla I'd ever own would be a Roadster. They were bulletproof. I will fill in all the blanks at the conclusion of the lawsuit, if I'm allowed to.
Old 3/29/14, 05:48 AM
Bullitt Member

Maybe I missed it, but what lawsuit are you talking about ?

Do you have a lawsuit against Tesla ?
Old 3/29/14, 06:06 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by davesvt2000
Maybe I missed it, but what lawsuit are you talking about ? Do you have a lawsuit against Tesla ?
I'm a part of one.
Old 3/29/14, 06:40 AM
Cobra Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
... $33,000. I was quite pleased with that. Even though I paid $1,500 over sticker, I only lost 26% in 2.5 years. Not many cars out there with such low depreciation.
Jeep Wrangler TJ. The king of low depreciation. Ours is 10 years old and still worth just over half of sticker price.
Old 4/2/14, 11:09 PM
Mach 1 Member

I can't risk it. It should be settled this year, hopefully by summertime.

I'll say this: the car is amazingly fast and handles great for its size and weight. The interior is a mess of a design, with tons of room but no storage space, and the build quality is a joke for what they're trying to compete with. Now the upper and middle management? The biggest clusterf*ck I've ever seen. The workerbees are some of the hardest working, most loyal employees I've ever seen (aside from my time at Apple, which is a whole 'nother story) yet they work you to death, hang you out to dry, and kick you to the curb when you ask for a day off after working 6 months of 60-70 hour work weeks (not to mention working off the clock at home). And they don't care, because there's a line, thousands deep to work at the overhyped, overglorified golden child of the auto industry. You all will most definitely say "it's just business," and yeah it is, but I'd expect a company to act like that when they've been around for 100 years, not 10.

For the record, the only Tesla I'd ever own would be a Roadster. They were bulletproof. I will fill in all the blanks at the conclusion of the lawsuit, if I'm allowed to.

So you are a former employee of Tesla? I see...?
Old 4/3/14, 02:09 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by 12C/OBoss
So you are a former employee of Tesla? I see...?
Old 4/4/14, 02:55 PM
GT Member

they work you to death, hang you out to dry, and kick you to the curb when you ask for a day off after working 6 months of 60-70 hour work weeks
I used to awake at 5 AM in the morning and return home from work about 9-10 PM, 5 to 6 days a week.

The schedule wore me out, put me on a short fuse and hurt my home life.

Last edited by four-walling; 4/4/14 at 02:57 PM.
Old 4/4/14, 03:11 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by four-walling
I used to awake at 5 AM in the morning and return home from work about 9-10 PM, 5 to 6 days a week. The schedule wore me out, put me on a short fuse and hurt my home life.
Yep, sounds about right. Wait, did you work for them too??
Old 4/4/14, 03:25 PM
GT Member

Nope, low tech retail...and I was the boss...
Old 9/9/14, 03:09 PM
APW

Yes, a private sale in April or May would probably have gotten me $37K. In January I figure I'd be lucky to get $36K. Considering I get a $2K tax savings when I trade it in, 36-2=34. For $1K less I don't have to advertise it, deal with low ball offers, people showing up just to test drive it when they don't have the money etc.

A car just like mine recently sold on ebay. He only had 1,500 miles on it and got $37K.
I am trying to trade in my PW 2012 BOSS at 6000 miles. It's in awesome condition, with Recaro / Torsion. Dealer offered me $27K which seems way off. Any advice?
Old 9/9/14, 05:24 PM
Bullitt Member

Screw that dealer. Mid 30's at the minimum, sell it on your own.
Old 9/9/14, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by APW
I am trying to trade in my PW 2012 BOSS at 6000 miles. It's in awesome condition, with Recaro / Torsion. Dealer offered me $27K which seems way off. Any advice?
Yep, find another dealer. With them, you are about to get f*cked w/sand!

Quick Reply: Current trade-in value of a '12 Boss 302 is...