Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

Clones?

Search this Thread

Old 3/11/13, 09:00 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I see no problem with clones as long as you aren't telling people its the real thing. Or putting cobra badges on it.
Old 3/11/13, 09:15 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by jaywoo

Boba Fett wasn't Jango's son, he was also a clone that didn't go through the rapid aging that was done to the rest of the clones. Boba was given to Jango as partial payment (it was one on Jango's demands). I've seen the Star Wars movies waaaaaay too many times.
Yes, he was a "step son" ....Technically, and a red headed one at that.
Old 3/12/13, 12:43 AM
GT Member

I despise clones. If its not the real deal, don't put stripes that in and of themselves would lead an onlooker across the street to believe it is a special edition. If you have a six, use a generic racing stripe. Your making people sick. And don't give me the, it's his car he can do what he likes. There's a heritage with these cars, and to clone or tribute cars that are in abundance and available now, is sacrilege.
Old 3/12/13, 12:47 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by ninjacrooks
I despise clones. If its not the real deal, don't put stripes that in and of themselves would lead an onlooker across the street to believe it is a special edition. If you have a six, use a generic racing stripe.

And don't give me the, it's his car he can do what he likes. There's a heritage with these cars, and to clone or tribute cars that are in abundance and available now, is sacrilege.
Unfortunately thats the answer you're going to get on here. I do not understand the appeal of clone cars. If you want a Boss, buy a boss. If you want a GT500 buy a GT500.. etc... However since the mustang is so easily customized it's hard to sway people to the "purist" circle.

Old 3/12/13, 01:17 AM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,171 Likes on 1,619 Posts
Originally Posted by maddog2
I find this to be a very interesting subject because I sold a Factory Five Cobra and a real 70 cougar Eliminator before I bought the Boss. The cobra was an incredible car.I entered it in many car shows against original cars and very nice replicas almost always taking home first place hardware.At the track it was a real competitive piece.The attention the car got was amazing.I built it because I love the looks of the Cobra and its history. I have a little different opinion on clones. If the are done right to the right car I like it. Would I clone a new boss? No. Besides to truly replicate a current Boss would cost you more then just buying one. I do like how Ford has serial # these cars to tell for sure what it is.
More Cougar pics please!
Old 3/12/13, 06:07 AM
Cobra Member

Location: NJ. Waiting for our Gov. to be held accountable for his actions>>>Jersey Broke
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
I despise clones. If its not the real deal, don't put stripes that in and of themselves would lead an onlooker across the street to believe it is a special edition. If you have a six, use a generic racing stripe. Your making people sick. And don't give me the, it's his car he can do what he likes. There's a heritage with these cars, and to clone or tribute cars that are in abundance and available now, is sacrilege.

Unfortunately thats the answer you're going to get on here. I do not understand the appeal of clone cars. If you want a Boss, buy a boss. If you want a GT500 buy a GT500.. etc... However since the mustang is so easily customized it's hard to sway people to the "purist" circle.

[/QUOTE]

Does this go for the Boss owners that remove there stripes because they want to look like a GT and not draw attention. What about the few Boss owners that are running the Laguna Seca Faux cap on the back of there regular Boss. Or are Boss owners excluded from these strong statements.
Clones in a way make me feel somewhat special That this person respects this model of a mustang and tries his damest to make there car look like a certian model. They do this because they can not afford the real deal at that time.
I say No Harm No Foul as long as they dont try to sell it to someone as the real deal. I enjoy looking at peoples hard work on there cars and keep an open mind on all ideas. Some I like Some I dont. But thats part of being a Car enthusiast.
Old 3/12/13, 06:35 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by boss man
I say No Harm No Foul as long as they dont try to sell it to someone as the real deal. I enjoy looking at peoples hard work on there cars and keep an open mind on all ideas. Some I like Some I dont. But thats part of being a Car enthusiast.
Great attitude, agreed
Old 3/12/13, 07:21 AM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue

Exactly what I did for my sixer. I love the Boss C stripes and wanted that for my sixer but not trying to pose my ride as a boss.
Your car looks great. I like the 227 on the C stripe and 305hp on the cowl. That is a lot of power out of that displacement, especially naturally aspirated, why not brag a little.

I had a 70 Mustang with a 250 straight six - 155hp and we thought that was a lot. It was from that year that the hp/displacement started going down. When the 302 was reintroduced in the Mustang in the 1980's I think it was around 155hp
Old 3/12/13, 07:25 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by phiggs54

Your car looks great. I like the 227 on the C stripe and 305hp on the cowl. That is a lot of power out of that displacement, especially naturally aspirated, why not brag a little.

I had a 70 Mustang with a 250 straight six - 155hp and we thought that was a lot. It was from that year that the hp/displacement started going down. When the 302 was reintroduced in the Mustang in the 1980's I think it was around 155hp
Thanks for the kind words. I wanted a little something to stand out a bit. Lol. But a tasteful stand out.
Old 3/12/13, 07:37 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
That " if you want a boss buy a boss, if u want a gt500 buy a gt500" comment was absolutely stupid on so many levels. Ill simply say, not everyone can for so many reasons. Two being they don't make enough of either car for everyone to have one that enjoys a mustang. Not everyone can afford one. I'm not for identical cloning either but don't act like its so easy to get the 2 rarest most expensive mustangs in production
Old 3/12/13, 09:31 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Hadtohaveit'13
That " if you want a boss buy a boss, if u want a gt500 buy a gt500" comment was absolutely stupid on so many levels. Ill simply say, not everyone can for so many reasons. Two being they don't make enough of either car for everyone to have one that enjoys a mustang. Not everyone can afford one. I'm not for identical cloning either but don't act like its so easy to get the 2 rarest most expensive mustangs in production
All I'm saying is that if you clone a Boss or a GT500 and run around pretending its one then that is terrible business. If they cant afford either that's their own problem all together.

These two cars have low production volume. That doesn't technically mean they're rare. Theres several of each for sale within 80 mi of me.
Old 3/12/13, 10:58 AM
Cobra Member

Location: NJ. Waiting for our Gov. to be held accountable for his actions>>>Jersey Broke
Originally Posted by Ibnzmonkey
All I'm saying is that if you clone a Boss or a GT500 and run around pretending its one then that is terrible business. If they cant afford either that's their own problem all together.

These two cars have low production volume. That doesn't technically mean they're rare. Theres several of each for sale within 80 mi of me.
Not sure why you get upset about a clone Boss or GT500.
By your sig. you own a GT/CS and should not affect you. Cars are meant to be enjoyed How Ever you please. This is what all car enthusiasts
should have.
Dont Hate.......Eduacte
Old 3/12/13, 11:00 AM

It isn't your car. Why are you worried about it? Look the other way, onlooker.
Old 3/12/13, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by Hadtohaveit'13
Exactly. With the state of the economy, unemployment, people losing their houses, and outsourcing, you would think people would have a bit more consideration?

To look down upon someone who does not have the same fortune as you is disgusting.

Remember that anything you own in this world can be taken at any moment. People need to learn to appreciate and the meaning of respect.
Old 3/12/13, 11:17 AM
Cobra Member

Is it real or fake........Who the hell cares! It's AMERICAN MUSCLE.

By the way. It a 2012 Boss 302 looking good.
Old 3/12/13, 11:32 AM
Bullitt Member

I wasnt looking down on anyone for not being able to enjoy their dream car.

ALL I'M SAYING IS THAT YOU SHOULDN'T REPLICATE A CAR THEN PRETEND ITS THAT CAR AND INTENTIONALLY TRY AND DECEIVE OTHERS.

Whats so hard to understand about that? Mustang owners are the most serious crowd... This is completely new to me.
Old 3/12/13, 12:02 PM

We understand this but the way you relay your opinion leads us to take things a bit personally and not constructively.

Try to remember that not everyone can afford the higher end Mustangs. They don't need to be criticized for what they have or don't have because their finances are a personal matter.

In addition, many may choose to drive the lower end Mustangs because they are not enthusiasts or more practical. Your opinion infringes upon peoples unique choice and freedom to decide what suits them personally.

Not everyone wants to drive a GT 500. Boom.

Example: I purchased a V6 because of price point. Instead I am channeling my extra money into things like a college fund for my daughter, mortgage, paying my loans back for my degrees, stocks, retirement. (You know those things have some type of "return" in the long run.) Lord knows the government isn't going to help you. It's up to you nowadays!

Mustang members here appreciate a good looking V6 or clone as much as they do a fully loaded GT 500. Call us sensitive but we try to crack down on haters really quick here.

That is all.

Last edited by Getportfolio; 3/12/13 at 12:04 PM.
Old 3/12/13, 01:50 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by boss man
Is it real or fake........Who the hell cares! It's AMERICAN MUSCLE.

By the way. It a 2012 Boss 302 looking good.
Sleepers aren't clones
Old 3/12/13, 02:02 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sleepers aren't clones
Mustangs CAN'T be sleepers.
Old 3/12/13, 02:09 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500
Mustangs CAN'T be sleepers.