Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

Blowfish bracket or steeda trans bracket

Search this Thread

Old 12/13/14, 04:14 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Blowfish bracket or steeda trans bracket

Looking to get a better shift from my boss and also thinking the same for my new 2015gt. I like the blowfish bracket but think it might be overkill for me since I'm not planning to race. Will the steeda trans bracket help enough that I would see a difference when spirited shifting? I'm also looking at the price factor also. $250 for blowfish compared to$79 for steeda. I know they are two completely different parts but just wanted a little upgrade.
Thoughts?
Old 12/13/14, 06:24 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had the Barton two post with Barton short shifter and it was great. Still got occasional lock outs at 7800. But it would be a good combo for you if your not taking it to the strip.

I have the blowfish with stock shifter and its amazing.
Old 12/14/14, 06:58 AM
dsp
V6 Member

All I can find on the Steeda site is a new bushing to connect the shifter to the floor pan. Doesn't seem like a very good solution to me. The Blowfish bracket removes the floor mount and makes the shifter a direct mount to the transmission. If you are going to do it, do it once and do it right, go with the Blowfish bracket.
Old 12/14/14, 12:46 PM
Cobra Member

Location: NJ. Waiting for our Gov. to be held accountable for his actions>>>Jersey Broke
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
To me this is a no brainer. The Blowfish bracket will cure your shifting problems. the only drawback is you may need to also purchase the new bracket to help with NVH. Its your money. But I learned along time ago that you get what you pay for and sometimes even LESS. I will tell you from experence that the BF bracket will take care of your shifting problems. Steeda....not so much. Just buy the BF bracket for starters. If you have NVH that is to much you can then purchase the new bracket to take care of that. I truley feel that if you buy anything except the BF bracket you will be wasting your hard earned ca$h. The only other option is the NEW MGW race spec. shifter. But if you dont track that baby it's not worth the extra cash. With this new MGW race spec shifter Just hitting the market, you may find people on this site or other sites that are selling there BF bracket. you should be able to pick up a used one for 180 to 200.

Purchase / install once. Do it right and dont look back....Blowfish bracket.

Last edited by boss man; 12/14/14 at 12:49 PM.
Old 12/14/14, 02:59 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by boss man
To me this is a no brainer. The Blowfish bracket will cure your shifting problems. the only drawback is you may need to also purchase the new bracket to help with NVH. Its your money. But I learned along time ago that you get what you pay for and sometimes even LESS. I will tell you from experence that the BF bracket will take care of your shifting problems. Steeda....not so much. Just buy the BF bracket for starters. If you have NVH that is to much you can then purchase the new bracket to take care of that. I truley feel that if you buy anything except the BF bracket you will be wasting your hard earned ca$h. The only other option is the NEW MGW race spec. shifter. But if you dont track that baby it's not worth the extra cash. With this new MGW race spec shifter Just hitting the market, you may find people on this site or other sites that are selling there BF bracket. you should be able to pick up a used one for 180 to 200.

Purchase / install once. Do it right and dont look back....Blowfish bracket.
What is the "other" new bracket your referring to? I thought the BF bracket included everything you need?
Old 12/14/14, 04:35 PM
GT Member

https://www.blowfishracing.com/home/...rofit-kit.html
Old 12/15/14, 06:18 AM

If you guys are referring to the Steeda shifter base bushing.. check out some of the copied and pasted customer reviews at the bottom ( http://www.steeda.com/steeda-mustang...hing-555-7090/ ) If you all have seen the stock one as pictured below, its ziptied from the factory .. Its garbage lol

Factory :

STEEDA:
Old 12/15/14, 07:00 AM
dsp
V6 Member

The new Blowfish Bracket comes with the updated shifter clamp. No need to order the retro-fit kit as long as you make sure to order the second generation bracket.
Old 12/15/14, 10:53 AM
Cobra Member

Location: NJ. Waiting for our Gov. to be held accountable for his actions>>>Jersey Broke
If you bolt the shifter snout to the trans tunnel, like the factory did. I dont care how firm you make it. You will have shifting problems. That"s the key to the BF bracket and the MGW race spec shifter. The shifter will not move with the Torque of the engine. the key is for the shifter to move with the engine and trans. By doing so you keep the alinement of the shifter and trans which = positive shifting.
if you plan on your mustang being JUST a DD or a once in awhile Auto X then I think the BF bracket is the way to go. If you plan on racing your baby and pushing it and expecting to get all you can....Then go with the MGW race spec bracket. eighter way its a win win solution. both companies are TOP NOTCH. I have the BF bracket and have no complaints.
Bottom line is it's your car and your money and your choice on what you will do with your Mustang. Enjoy her for all she's worth.
Old 12/15/14, 11:47 AM
dsp
V6 Member

The Steeda may be more solid than the stock mount, but it still bolts to the body (and more solidly than stock). The BF bracket is much better for all the reasons Boss Man said.
We aren't talking Steeda vs stock, the choice was Steeda or Blowfish. Still has to be the Blowfish if you want to really fix the problem.
Old 12/16/14, 02:36 AM

Originally Posted by SINBUSTER007
Looking to get a better shift from my boss and also thinking the same for my new 2015gt. I like the blowfish bracket but think it might be overkill for me since I'm not planning to race. Will the steeda trans bracket help enough that I would see a difference when spirited shifting? I'm also looking at the price factor also. $250 for blowfish compared to$79 for steeda. I know they are two completely different parts but just wanted a little upgrade.
Thoughts?

How does the 2015 compare to the 302? More of a dd I'm guessing?
Old 12/16/14, 06:07 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by LMS007
How does the 2015 compare to the 302? More of a dd I'm guessing?
Not really a DD but more driving than the boss will see. Sometimes I like to shift aggressively but don't want to keep missing the shifts. Wife giving me flak due to the price so was looking for a more price-friendly fix. That's why I was asking about the steeda bracket. Trying to convince her the blowfish for the boss though....
Old 12/17/14, 12:18 PM
GT Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
MGWs Race Spec shifter for the MT-82 is a great fix as well and requires no other aftermarket items. Check with George at MGW for more info.
Old 2/23/19, 06:34 PM

Question

Is this the correct one from Blowfish? https://www.blowfishracing.com/drive...t-bracket.html
Old 2/24/19, 05:23 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Glockem45
Is this the correct one from Blowfish? https://www.blowfishracing.com/drive...t-bracket.html
Yes, that will fit your Boss.
I still run my proto type bracket from Blowfish.
I also have the first bracket manufactured by Blowfish for the public. Still in the box.