Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

2nd Annual Mustang/Ford Roundup at Motorsports Park Hastings!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 6/8/12, 12:39 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by cloud9
Oh yea, it's a total bargain. Top that off with modest Midwest hotel and restaurant prices and it makes for a very affordable little vacation.
I am a big fan of the "camp in the trailer" strategy

Although I do not have a trailer to enable this strategy, at this time.
Old 6/8/12, 12:42 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 06GT
I am a big fan of the "camp in the trailer" strategy

Although I do not have a trailer to enable this strategy, at this time.
I'll make you a deal Drew. My trailer has air conditioning. My wife won't sleep in a trailer so I'll be in a hotel. You can drive out to MPH (hopefully leading JBG Smokey & The Bandit style) and sleep in my trailer for free
Old 6/8/12, 03:38 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Old 6/11/12, 05:40 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is mailing in the online PDF form the only way to register?
Old 6/11/12, 10:54 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What's the difference between parade laps and performance parade laps

I am very hesitant about running my car hard...it's a cruiser lol
Old 6/11/12, 10:56 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by CHDS PNY
The word "performance"
Old 6/12/12, 05:45 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by CO_VaporGT_09
Is mailing in the online PDF form the only way to register?
Mail or email to George@racemph.com
Old 6/12/12, 05:46 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by CHDS PNY

I am very hesitant about running my car hard...it's a cruiser lol
Parade laps are a Sunday drive and performance parade laps are a "spirited" Sunday drive through the back highways
Old 7/18/12, 01:18 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Here are just a couple of the Bosses that will be on hand for this fun 3 day event. This event has something for everyone including a car show, autocross, drag racing and road racing. Three days of track time and much, much more for under $300!

There is also at least one Boss 302S registered and there are rumors of more coming
Attached Thumbnails 2nd Annual Mustang/Ford Roundup at Motorsports Park Hastings!!!!-todd-7-2-12-02915.jpg  
Old 7/18/12, 02:15 PM
Cobra Member

Sent in my payment, check has been cashed. Do we get any sort of confirmation other than that??

Gotta get my father-in-law registered now.
Old 7/18/12, 03:10 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Sent in my payment, check has been cashed. Do we get any sort of confirmation other than that??

Gotta get my father-in-law registered now.
Good deal! You should be all set. You can email the track if you have any questions: george@racemph.com
Old 7/19/12, 09:49 AM
Bullitt Member

I have the registration form printed out and will get it in the mail by Monday.
Old 7/19/12, 12:23 PM

Good deal Josh! Guess I better get myself registered, too. Slacker.
Old 7/19/12, 06:31 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by bandit67
Good deal Josh! Guess I better get myself registered, too. Slacker.
Looking forward to seeing you guys there

Here's an update on some of the fun from George. Sounds like he's got a twist on the autox that will be a blast

"
We also have a 302S coming in from Texas as of yesterday.
Call from Doug D in Brazil (Via Iowa) today too.
.......looking Good!

Questions about Friday?
The event will unofficially take off at 1PM Friday for all of those who sent their entry by June 1st. Those early entrants will get two hours of Track time to get warmed up a bit.
Some of you are now getting organized for the event and I sure want to make it a great time for everyone. So MPH (Making People Happy) will now also allow other "Qualified" entrants some time on the Track Friday between 3 and 4PM for $25.
Our Friends from Woodhouse Ford (Thanks Bill P) are sponsoring Friday at the Track and Friday evening at the IMAX SuperScreen & Museum. Great food and a cash bar right inside the Museum. Todd Soderquist, from Ford Motor Company, will be back again with some great stuff about the history of the LS and more breaking news I'm sure. (Including his 2013 #22 Boss 302LS). This will be a great place to show your cars and talk with other owners and drivers.

More on Tires and keeping people in groups with like times to follow. We're not perfect but will give it a shot to make things more fair. Racers just love a fair fight as long as they have the edge.

Thanks to Bill P and Gary G for all the help and support...more to follow on Saturday's sponsors and special activities.....
The AutoCross is a High Speed full 2.15 Miles long...and you can't get a cone...nope not even one! A real challenge!

George"
Old 7/19/12, 07:15 PM
Bullitt Member

Looking forward to seeing you guys there

Here's an update on some of the fun from George. Sounds like he's got a twist on the autox that will be a blast

"
We also have a 302S coming in from Texas as of yesterday.
Call from Doug D in Brazil (Via Iowa) today too.
.......looking Good!

Questions about Friday?
The event will unofficially take off at 1PM Friday for all of those who sent their entry by June 1st. Those early entrants will get two hours of Track time to get warmed up a bit.
Some of you are now getting organized for the event and I sure want to make it a great time for everyone. So MPH (Making People Happy) will now also allow other "Qualified" entrants some time on the Track Friday between 3 and 4PM for $25.
Our Friends from Woodhouse Ford (Thanks Bill P) are sponsoring Friday at the Track and Friday evening at the IMAX SuperScreen & Museum. Great food and a cash bar right inside the Museum. Todd Soderquist, from Ford Motor Company, will be back again with some great stuff about the history of the LS and more breaking news I'm sure. (Including his 2013 #22 Boss 302LS). This will be a great place to show your cars and talk with other owners and drivers.

More on Tires and keeping people in groups with like times to follow. We're not perfect but will give it a shot to make things more fair. Racers just love a fair fight as long as they have the edge.

Thanks to Bill P and Gary G for all the help and support...more to follow on Saturday's sponsors and special activities.....
The AutoCross is a High Speed full 2.15 Miles long...and you can't get a cone...nope not even one! A real challenge!

George"

I am a good friend with the Doug D, that George talks about and will be there with Doug and it looks like about 5 - 6 other Mustangs from the Mustang Club of Central Iowa out of Des Moines. So...we might have a total of about 8 of us coming from Iowa.

If you are going to be at MAM south of Council Bluffs this weekend, I will try to look you up. I'm hoping to be there on Sat. afternoon...but only as a spectator to see friends and watch a bit of the action. My brother had total shoulder replacement surgery on Wednesday, but he is getting out of the hospital in Omaha tomorrow...he is coming to stay with me for a few days. I had intentions of running my car at the MAM event, until my brother's surgery came up and I made the commitment to him, to help him out after his surgery....family comes first. Today he said he thinks he will be feeling well enough, for us to drive over to MAM and see everyone for a little while on Sat. afternoon. I'll keep my eye out for you and your car...hope I can introduce myself to you.

Dave
Old 7/19/12, 07:33 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by Sabre
I am a good friend with the Doug D, that George talks about and will be there with Doug and it looks like about 5 - 6 other Mustangs from the Mustang Club of Central Iowa out of Des Moines. So...we might have a total of about 8 of us coming from Iowa.

If you are going to be at MAM south of Council Bluffs this weekend, I will try to look you up. I'm hoping to be there on Sat. afternoon...but only as a spectator to see friends and watch a bit of the action. My brother had total shoulder replacement surgery on Wednesday, but he is getting out of the hospital in Omaha tomorrow...he is coming to stay with me for a few days. I had intentions of running my car at the MAM event, until my brother's surgery came up and I made the commitment to him, to help him out after his surgery....family comes first. Today he said he thinks he will be feeling well enough, for us to drive over to MAM and see everyone for a little while on Sat. afternoon. I'll keep my eye out for you and your car...hope I can introduce myself to you.

Dave
Hey Dave, we did have the Mustang Club event on our calendar for this weekend, but we made an unplanned trip back out to Road America last week Mon/Tue and are heading to Brainerd for a 3-day event next Fri-Sun so we have to take a pass on this weekend at MAM. Best wishes and a speedy recovery for your brother. Glad to hear that so many of you guys from Iowa are planning to make it this year. I'm going to try and hit MPH on 8/24-8/25 if anyone's interested in running those days.

Gary
Old 7/19/12, 07:57 PM
Bullitt Member

Hey Dave, we did have the Mustang Club event on our calendar for this weekend, but we made an unplanned trip back out to Road America last week Mon/Tue and are heading to Brainerd for a 3-day event next Fri-Sun so we have to take a pass on this weekend at MAM. Best wishes and a speedy recovery for your brother. Glad to hear that so many of you guys from Iowa are planning to make it this year. I'm going to try and hit MPH on 8/24-8/25 if anyone's interested in running those days.

Gary

Hmmm...if I'd known about MPH in Aug. it would have been a definite possibility. But, since I was going to miss MAM, I've already signed up for the Track Guys event at Atlanta Motorsports Park the same weekend...which should be a good track and event, but it will be a hell uv a lot longer drive to trailer my car there, than Hastings would have been! 5 hours to Hastings versus 14 - 15 hours to Dawsonville GA!

Oh well...live and learn!

Barring any unforeseen circumstances, I will see ya at Hastings for the Mustang Roundup though!

Last edited by Sabre; 7/19/12 at 07:59 PM.
Old 7/20/12, 01:36 PM
Cobra Member

That 302S from Texas was at the recent NASA RM event in Pueblo, I believe, nice car.

http://action.zenfolio.com/p286051285/h32d05b4#h32d05b4

http://action.zenfolio.com/p286051285/h6739fa8#h6739fa8
Old 7/20/12, 03:31 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

That 302S from Texas was at the recent NASA RM event in Pueblo, I believe, nice car.

http://action.zenfolio.com/p286051285/h32d05b4#h32d05b4

http://action.zenfolio.com/p286051285/h6739fa8#h6739fa8
We're working on setting up classes this year. Based on those pics I think we'll need them More to come on that in the next week guys.
Old 7/20/12, 07:40 PM
Bullitt Member

Nope. Further South in Texas than Smitty... but I'm working on him too The one that is coming is Comp Orange and driven by the hardest working retired guy I know
Attached Thumbnails 2nd Annual Mustang/Ford Roundup at Motorsports Park Hastings!!!!-206039_353221834751180_1736955044_n.jpg  

Last edited by JScheier; 7/20/12 at 07:44 PM.

Quick Reply: 2nd Annual Mustang/Ford Roundup at Motorsports Park Hastings!!!!