Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

2nd Annual Mustang/Ford Roundup at Motorsports Park Hastings!!!!

Old 9/19/12, 03:26 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cloud9
Still zero % chance of rain all three days unless you're bringing them to run in the "stock class"
I may use them on Saturday night for the burnout contest! The tires have good tread, but are heat-cycled to death. Should make for a good smoke show.
Old 9/19/12, 03:33 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JScheier
I may use them on Saturday night for the burnout contest! The tires have good tread, but are heat-cycled to death. Should make for a good smoke show.
That my friend deserves its own trophy
Old 9/19/12, 03:50 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by cloud9
That my friend deserves its own trophy
1986 GT, 347ci (420/400) with Griggs and IPS and a used set of VictoRacers I miss that car
Attached Thumbnails 2nd Annual Mustang/Ford Roundup at Motorsports Park Hastings!!!!-86gt-hoon_small.jpg   2nd Annual Mustang/Ford Roundup at Motorsports Park Hastings!!!!-86gt-hoon-results.jpg   2nd Annual Mustang/Ford Roundup at Motorsports Park Hastings!!!!-86gt-leaving-scene.jpg  
Old 9/19/12, 04:31 PM
Bullitt Member

I am bring along a NEW set...R & L of FRONT slotted DBA 52113 BLKS rotors....new and in the box.

These are the 5000 Series DBA hatted rotors for replacing stock Mustang rotors 05 - 10. Note that these are the recently discontinued slotted DBA 5000 series and not the new DBA T2 5000 series....which I'm not sure are actually even available yet.

I will sell them for $700 CASH

I bought them, but before I could get them put on, decided to go with StopTech 6 piston calipers and rotors, so I don't need them now and would like to recoup my investment in them!

Last edited by Sabre; 9/19/12 at 04:32 PM.
Old 9/20/12, 07:23 AM
GT Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Just got a set of DBA 5000s on my car. Don't think I will need another set, but they are hard to get so someone will likely snap them up from you.

Last chance to register also -- fax or email George Anderson at'

george@racemph.com
Fax 402-463-0011 attn: George Anderson

Go to www.racemph.com , under Mustang/Ford Roundup for the registration form.

Bill Pemberton
Woodhouse Ford
Old 9/20/12, 08:31 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Should be hitting the road around 1 today. Looking forward to seeing everyone at MPH!
Old 9/20/12, 10:33 AM
Bullitt Member

I will be leaving around 9am on Friday morning....should put me into Hasting around 1pm. I know of at least 1 other Roush ( Trak Pak ) Mustang that is coming, but I'm not sure our contingent from Mustang Club of Central Iowa is going to be as big as I had once thought....in fact it might just be the 2 of us.
Old 9/20/12, 11:02 AM
GT Member

I know earlier there were about 4-6 cars coming from Iowa, so you may have more coming than you first thought. If they are not all from your Club then may even be a good opportunity to get them signed up !?
Old 9/20/12, 01:10 PM
Bullitt Member

Just a couple of things left to put in the truck and then my bag in the morning...otherwise I'm pretty well loaded up and ready to head west in the morning!

Name:  DSC_0025_zps4b2b6c06.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  171.8 KB
Old 9/20/12, 01:18 PM
GT Member

Great looking Roush! Look me up when you get there, pretty easy to find, as have a Comp Orange Boss with Woodhouse header on the windshield and a personalized Nebraska plate reading " 7500 RPM ."
Old 9/20/12, 01:19 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i am going to be there at 4:30 tomorrow..gotta get my iphone 5 first lol
Old 9/20/12, 01:41 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Fastoldman
Great looking Roush! Look me up when you get there, pretty easy to find, as have a Comp Orange Boss with Woodhouse header on the windshield and a personalized Nebraska plate reading " 7500 RPM ."

I will do just that!!
Old 9/20/12, 01:53 PM
GT Member

Good thing about aging, I still can't do all the things available on my iphone3, so what I save by not buying a 5 I can spend on the Boss, ha,ha.

Glad to see you are coming down -- guarantee you will have a spectacular time!!
Old 9/22/12, 07:08 PM
Bullitt Member

Lots O' Mustangs...as far as the eye could see...on the grid at Hastings Motorsports Park.......makes for a really GOOD time!

Name:  DSCN0021_zpsdb87ab49.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  82.5 KB
Old 9/22/12, 09:03 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Had a great time watching cars run and meeting a few people

Me and my buddy had to take off early today but we had a blast...the parade laps were the beat part

Met george who was running around being bust all day...real nice guy...thanks to him and to all who helped put this on

My sympathies to those who battled the tire wall
Old 9/23/12, 12:24 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
So who has bragging rights for the fastest lap so far?
Old 9/24/12, 08:16 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by 06GT
So who has bragging rights for the fastest lap so far?
Loran Keller in a 93 SVT Cobra! Also a hero for putting my car back together
Old 9/24/12, 08:17 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Sorry it's been a whirlwind weekend. Got home late last night and trying to get caught up at work Anyway here's a brief synopsis:

- Almost 100 Mustangs!

-Perfect weather for 3 days

- 5 Ford engineers DROVE from Detroit bringing their own Boss cars to the event. That's how passionate they are about this car that they actually purchased them personally. By the way, they also "troll" the forums and want to hear our feedback, good and bad and when we can provide them with accurate info as they are eager to continually improve the product. They do listen to us customers and particularly the enthusiasts who have a passion for these great cars. On top of that, they can drive! Todd won the stock class road race, Chuck won the stock drag race and Tom took 2nd in the stock road race.

- We had activities non-stop including practice open track time, autocross, drag race and road race competition. A legendary Bacardi bus ride on track (and through the alfalfa ), car show, BBQ and a very cool presentation from Ford about the Boss.

My personal best story of the weekend was a bit unusual. I rolled my car off the trailer on Thursday night and my wife says "what's this puddle of fluid all over the trailer by the front wheels?". My heart sank and I thought I was done before the weekend even started. Immediately a couple guys from a nearby trailer came over to help diagnose and assess the situation. I opened the hood and the coolant reservoir was full. I pulled the dipstick and oil was full. I wondered about trans fluid, but it was clear so it couldn't be that. Finally we pulled a wheel and both struts were soaked....hydraulic fluid from the front struts. I had just had some work done and both struts were reinstalled in the process. There had been an accident during reinstall and the shafts had been gouged. The action of the suspension on the trailer was enough to tear the seals on both of them. Now here I sit in South Central, NE at 8 p.m. EDT on a Thursday night before the event I've been helping organize all year I'm thinking I'm dead in the water because it's not like I can just pick up a set of Ford Racing struts at the local O'Reilly's, or order them from a vendor to get them here in time.

I figured I need to try a Hail Mary and see if I could reach Mark Wilson and see if there was any hope of salvaging the weekend. Fortunately I was able to connect with him while he was at the SCCA runoffs at Road America (way to give those Vette's hell btw ) and explained my dilemma. He just asked one question....."what's the address of the track". George was standing right there and gave it to me, then George made one phone call to the UPS lady at the local airstrip. At 8 a.m. Saturday there was supposedly going to be a plane with a box on it and I didn't even know Hastings had an airport!

2nd Annual Mustang/Ford Roundup at Motorsports Park Hastings!!!!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

If you ever wondered if FRPP parts are worth it, I can tell you unequivocably, YES! This was so far above and beyond I just can't thank Mark enough.

A big thanks also goes to John Scheier and my buddy Kevin for helping get the struts off the car and Loran Kellar from Open Track Connection in Dallas who simply said "Don't worry dude, I'll have them disassembled and back on your car in less than an hour. Just run to O'Reilly's and get a spring compressor and we'll be set". I would HIGHLY recommend Loran's shop to anyone looking to make their Mustang fast. All you have to do is look what he did with his '93 SVT Cobra and see how he put down the fastest lap of the weekend and had never been to the track before. On top of that he's just a super nice guy along with his brother Matt.

Anyway by 9:30 a.m. on Saturday morning I was up and running and got to really enjoy an amazing and memorable weekend. This event grew so much this year and we've got even bigger things planned for next year. It will definitely be something you won't want to miss!

Last edited by cloud9; 9/24/12 at 09:51 AM.
Old 9/24/12, 09:20 AM
Cobra Member

Location: NJ. Waiting for our Gov. to be held accountable for his actions>>>Jersey Broke
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
no alinement issuies with replacing the struts?
Old 9/24/12, 09:49 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by boss man
no alinement issuies with replacing the struts?
Eyeballing it was close enough for the track. It's not like I was worried about it causing excessive tire wear on the track tires I'll be bringing it in for an alignment this week though to save the street tires.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2nd Annual Mustang/Ford Roundup at Motorsports Park Hastings!!!!