Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

2013 Allocation

Search this Thread

Old 1/12/12, 05:10 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 Allocation

While at work yesterday the dealer I use for all my Ford products call and said he just received his allocaton for a 2013 street boss. He wanted to know if I was interested in it to go with my LS. I told him I was going to Detroit either this weekend or next as I would like to see one in real life and not a pix. It was left that I have first right of refusal on it. So for those who have questioned when the allocations were coing out.....they are here.
Bob
Old 1/12/12, 05:53 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by engineguy
While at work yesterday the dealer I use for all my Ford products call and said he just received his allocaton for a 2013 street boss. He wanted to know if I was interested in it to go with my LS. I told him I was going to Detroit either this weekend or next as I would like to see one in real life and not a pix. It was left that I have first right of refusal on it. So for those who have questioned when the allocations were coing out.....they are here.
Bob
My dealer called me on Tuesday and said his allocation for a LS and a regular 302 came in as well.
Old 1/12/12, 06:26 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I haven't yet heard from my rep about the Boss allocations. Going to email her today to see if ours came in as well. I hate not having the information I need to do business and have to get it from the reps!! That info should be emailed or mailed to us ASAP!!!
Old 1/12/12, 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by engineguy
Bob
Have you heard anything about when they would be taking orders?
Old 1/12/12, 07:30 AM
Bullitt Member

NOW!
Old 1/12/12, 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by orng302
NOW!
Thanks
I am heading over to my local Ford store to see what
they can do money wise. My 12 GT has only 1800 miles on it
and I really love it, would have gotten a Boss then, but they had a 5k
charge over list. Maybe they will give me a break this time.
I'm Camaro convert only had my 10 SS/RS for two years, they are highly over rated. Bought it at the same dealer (they sell both )
Old 1/12/12, 08:04 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Jersey Monte
Thanks
I am heading over to my local Ford store to see what
they can do money wise. My 12 GT has only 1800 miles on it
and I really love it, would have gotten a Boss then, but they had a 5k
charge over list. Maybe they will give me a break this time.
I'm Camaro convert only had my 10 SS/RS for two years, they are highly over rated. Bought it at the same dealer (they sell both )
You might be able to find a great deal on a 2012 Boss now. I bought mine down here in sunny so. FL last week for $1250 less than sticker. Good luck either way!

Old 1/12/12, 09:12 AM
Bullitt Member

I doubt you are going to get any kind of a break on a 2013 Boss. You will probably find the same situation as last year where they had ADM'S attached.
Old 1/12/12, 09:12 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Hello Members,

I know dealers are starting to take 2013 orders, but the allocations for 2013 Boss 302 have not been distributed yet. Hopefully it’ll be out no later than Monday.

Deysha
Old 1/12/12, 09:19 AM
Bullitt Member

Deysha, my dealer called me and said he was given an allocation for a 2013 Boss just this week. I have to take him at his word. Btw, I passed on the order will stick with my 2012.
Old 1/12/12, 09:53 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by orng302
Deysha, my dealer called me and said he was given an allocation for a 2013 Boss just this week. I have to take him at his word. Btw, I passed on the order will stick with my 2012.

Taking a dealer at his word? Really?
Old 1/12/12, 10:43 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Fenderaddict2
Taking a dealer at his word? Really?
I know your having fun with that comment, and I'm smiling as a write this,... but in defence (and God knows the need it) of the good dealers/salesmen out there and I would like to say that I do take my dealer at his word. Likewise he would do the same for me.
I have a excellent relationship with my Ford Dealer. He has done me several favors,and I for him.
..... jumping off soap box now,
Cheers,
Old 1/12/12, 11:28 AM
Bullitt Member

I'm just going by my experience with this particular dealer. Your mileage may vary.
Old 1/12/12, 01:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

Koons is getting 7 Bosses

Call and ask for Tom Snyder...great dealer to work with!

Last edited by 12C/OBoss; 1/13/12 at 04:45 PM.
Old 1/12/12, 01:29 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Guys, I'm inclined to believe that allocations have not been given out yet, at least not officially.

Reference the Boss allocation memo posted previously, some dealers know they will be getting at least 1 Boss based on their annual Mustang sales, they may be trying to preload their sales by talking about this "allocation". However, extra Bosses and the LS have not yet been assigned is my understanding.
Old 1/12/12, 01:41 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by askjeffro
Guys, I'm inclined to believe that allocations have not been given out yet, at least not officially.

Reference the Boss allocation memo posted previously, some dealers know they will be getting at least 1 Boss based on their annual Mustang sales, they may be trying to preload their sales by talking about this "allocation". However, extra Bosses and the LS have not yet been assigned is my understanding.
That is true. I haven't gotten the "official word from our rep, and I called her about it today. I expect to hear about it sometime next week (hopefully).
Old 1/12/12, 02:09 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
That is true. I haven't gotten the "official word from our rep, and I called her about it today. I expect to hear about it sometime next week (hopefully).
Scratch that thought. Just got an email from my zone rep. We got 1 car!! One freaking car!!!

And its not until Q4!!! WTF!!! I got one car last year in Q1 and it sat all of one day, as it was pre-sold at MSRP. All the other dealers around me marked it up, they sat on their lots and I'm sure they will get more cars and get them sooner than Q4!! What a bunch of BS!!!

For anyone who wants to see the allocation for the 2013 Boss 302, here is the letter given to us:

To:All Ford Dealers Subject:EFC00903DC 2013 Boss 302 Dealer Allocation
Last year we proved what a Mustang could do on a track and the Boss 302 is back for more, paying homage to the 1970 Boss that made it famous.
It is our hope that this allocation strategy will support your efforts in providing customers with a clear understanding of new and exciting best in class product.
METHODS FOR EARNING ALLOCATION
All Ford dealers will have the opportunity to earn a 2013 Boss 302 Mustang. There are two methods for earning allocation:

SHARE OF NATION
  • Approximately 75% of the 2013 Boss 302 production will be allocated to the Ford dealers as a Share of Nation
  • Those dealers that sell 75% of the retail Mustangs will participate in the Share of Nation allocation (retail Mustang sales % of Nation) -- through October would be the Top 792 Mustang dealers selling 21 or more for the time period
  • 12 months of sales (December 1, 2010 - November 30, 2011) will be used to determine dealers participating in the Share of Nation. A dealers opportunity to increase share of nation allocation or inclusion in the Top 75% is increased with each Mustang sold through the end of November
  • Each of the dealers participating in the Share of Nation is guaranteed at least one Boss 302
LOTTERY
  • Those Ford dealers not participating in the Share of Nation will be entered into a Lottery for the balance of the allocation
  • Each dealership participating in the Lottery will receive one chip (entry into the lottery) for being a dealer and one chip for each retail sale over the 12-month period (December 1, 2010 - November 30, 2011)
  • Those dealers with ZERO Mustang sales over the 12-month period will each receive one chip in the lottery
  • No dealer will earn more then one Boss 302 through the lottery
Note: The Laguna Seca Package will be allocated by a second lottery for all dealers earning a Boss 302 through Share of Nation or Lottery.
To help manage customer expectations for ordering the 2013 Boss 302 Mustang, all 2013 MY dealer production guides will be communicated in early January. Dealers will be given their full year guide numbers along with the quarter(s) their unit(s) will be scheduled. This will enable dealers to manage customer expectations regarding availability and timing. Production is scheduled to begin in March.
QUESTIONS
For more information, please contact you Sales Zone Manager.

And the second thing that REALLY gets me, no LS cars!! I got none, while Koons of Baltimore gets 2!! From reading the letter above, it says that no dealer will get more than 1 car via the lottery and all LS cars are allocated by lottery!! I hate this!!!

off my soapbox!!
Old 1/12/12, 04:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

deleted...shouldnt have shared the email. My apologies

Last edited by 12C/OBoss; 1/13/12 at 03:55 PM.
Old 1/12/12, 04:31 PM
Mach 1 Member

also i am sure the dealers turn rate on the 12 Boss might have smething to do with it.

My Hyundai store earned Velosters when there WAS NO 90 day sales stats to go by. We sold every one we got in less than 48 hrs. Now all the other dealers with ADMs are scratching their heads askng why we just received 14 on our last allocation!

And Jeff I know you guys dont have ADMs so the above was not referenced to you...just the industry in whch i work
Old 1/12/12, 05:21 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by 12C/OBoss
also i am sure the dealers turn rate on the 12 Boss might have smething to do with it.

My Hyundai store earned Velosters when there WAS NO 90 day sales stats to go by. We sold every one we got in less than 48 hrs. Now all the other dealers with ADMs are scratching their heads askng why we just received 14 on our last allocation!

And Jeff I know you guys dont have ADMs so the above was not referenced to you...just the industry in whch i work
No worries buddy, I know you weren't talking about me in particular. Its the industry for sure. But I can tell you, alot of the '12 Boss cars sat and sat for months on end because pretty much every dealer around here had an ADM from $5K to $15K. Why should they get more if their cars sat for months on end!!!

BTW, where are you located in PA? And which Hyundai dealer? Give me a buzz one day on the phone. Number is in the sig below.

Quick Reply: 2013 Allocation