Vendor Showcase Forum for Vendors to display their products and specials

New Magnetic door guard in stock.

Search this Thread

Old 3/5/15, 08:42 PM
Supporting Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Magnetic door guard in stock.

We now have the magnetic door guard in stock at Amazon and www.zl1addons.com they are made to use in your own garage or parking space.
Attached Thumbnails New Magnetic door guard in stock.-jdj_0026a.jpg   New Magnetic door guard in stock.-jdj_0027a.jpg   New Magnetic door guard in stock.-jdj_0030a.jpg  

Last edited by Magjackpad; 3/7/15 at 09:01 PM.
Old 3/5/15, 08:45 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
For gosh sakes - don't load a vid on the homepage. You know how much bandwidth you wa$te?? Tab closed immediately.
Old 3/5/15, 08:48 PM
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by cdynaco
For gosh sakes - don't load a vid on the homepage. You know how much bandwidth you wa$te?? Tab closed immediately.
I do not have a video
Old 3/5/15, 08:50 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
The circle is loading something and I'm not going to waste my time or bandwidth. Open with a simple jpg or never mind. Believe it or not the world is not on unlimited cable bandwidth.
But thanks for editing and posting a pic on post 1.

Last edited by cdynaco; 3/5/15 at 08:52 PM.
Old 3/6/15, 10:16 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts
good idea but whats to keep someone from walking off with it while your doing what ever?
Old 3/6/15, 10:41 AM
Cobra Member

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Jim74656
good idea but whats to keep someone from walking off with it while your doing what ever?
Or from the ding occurring in front of or behind the pad. Lining up the door angle to guess where it might hit is difficult. Not to mention when that car leaves and another comes.
Old 3/6/15, 10:45 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
FYI Charlie: It looks to be a JavaScript slideshow.
Old 3/6/15, 10:58 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by typesredline
Or from the ding occurring in front of or behind the pad. Lining up the door angle to guess where it might hit is difficult. Not to mention when that car leaves and another comes.
im in agreement with this point of thought as well.

the pad seems like a good idea as I stated, but I would like to understand how these points might be able to be addressed?
Old 3/6/15, 11:03 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 773 Likes on 565 Posts
It would work out great in the garage or driveway.
Old 3/7/15, 08:59 PM
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by typesredline

They are not made to use in a public parking lot. we make them to use in your garage or parking space to keep the car next to it from dinging the door. you can use more than one if you need it. On our site we explain that you use it in your garage or parking spot. You could use it in a public space, but you would never know how a door lines up, but you will know in your own garage. My two cars are hard to get in with out touching when door is open.

Last edited by Magjackpad; 3/7/15 at 09:03 PM.
Old 3/8/15, 05:51 AM
Cobra Member

Ok that makes more sense. If you have a tight garage. Even being careful, the door can touch the other car. That's cool.
Old 3/8/15, 10:40 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Magjackpad
They are not made to use in a public parking lot. we make them to use in your garage or parking space to keep the car next to it from dinging the door. you can use more than one if you need it. On our site we explain that you use it in your garage or parking spot. You could use it in a public space, but you would never know how a door lines up, but you will know in your own garage. My two cars are hard to get in with out touching when door is open.
yes I can agree this does make sense but looking at it from the engineering standpoint I can see it working to a degree BUT it also depends on a couple factors, one being the pad consistently being placed on your door in the proper spot, two the car next to your car being parked properly (too far forward, too far back could cause the door of that car to miss the pad and still bump your car) granted this will be less likely in a garage, but what about a parking lot/pad area where its more open (say apartment complex where your in a more open lot situation even if it was assigned where the tenant next to you was consistently in the next spot?

as I said its a great idea and im not knocking it by far (and may even buy a few) but even the truck and Mustang I drive I don't park them in the same exact position every time, at times the mustang might sit further back (towards the street) in the drive way then the truck, or reverse of that.

also just out of curosity (trying to satisfy the engineer side of me) is there any dats on the type of material use? is it rubber or metal? I also note your pad uses "rare earth metals" I am assuming its some sort of Neodymium magnet? if not do you have the type listed? reason I am curious is I am wanting to know if this is a metal pad while it may protect my Mustang lets say whats to prevent the pad from inadvertently causing a scratch to the other car door that bumps into the pad or hits it with some force (someone opening the door and not knowing how close there car was next to it)?

again please don't take my criticism or questions as a negative look on the product, I am looking at this from a computer/it engineers prospective that thinks about this type of stuff on a constant basis!!
Old 3/9/15, 01:01 PM
Cobra Member

Well in a garage for example. 2 cars could be very close. Growing up this was the case in our two car garage. Typically in a garage, people use some sort of mark where they pull in the exact same each time. So it would well in this scenario.

Regarding the magnets. What is protecting them from scratching or dinging your car when you add and remove it?