Notices
Yellow Blaze

New YB 2011 owner from North Texas

Search this Thread

Old 1/30/12, 10:57 PM
GT Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
New YB 2011 owner from North Texas

Hello fellow YB's, I just purchased a slightly used 'Stang in Yellow Blaze last week, and I'm absolutely loving it and the attention and comments I'm getting from the groups of people that gravitate towards me when I park anywhere around town.

Have been lurking on the site for a week or two while contemplating my purchase and possible mods, etc. The car I bought had been in the dealership for about 15 hours from the previous night, and when I got to it a female ASM was in the process of trying to get it back to the shop to put a spoiler on it. I negotiated into my deal through a "We Owe" that I would get a spoiler and tint installed on it, but so far have taken delivery after just the tint - my issue is that it looks great sans spoiler, but I'm really interested in having a GT500 spoiler installed. The salesman showed me the three GT versions on the other cars (lip spoiler, wing, and spoiler with camera) but was all opposed to putting a premium part (i.e. "Shelby") on a non-premium vehicle. I'm heading back in later this week to further inquire about getting the GT500 spoiler installed.

Do any of you have a GT500 spoiler installed on a Yellow Blaze Mustang? I've seen a few decent photos of black, white and blue versions, but just one yellow (that was installed on a black car). Any pics of a YB with and without would help me further decide, as I'm content with my current setup but like the majority of what I've seen with the others' vehicles after they've installed the spoiler.

Also - if you had an OEM GT500 spoiler installed after original purchase (a few weeks or months later) or 3d500 aftermarket one, how did the paint end up matching with the overall color and tri-coat? I'm leaning more towards going the OEM route for the time being since they owe me a spoiler (but may go AM if this falls through) so I'd assume they can use the closest paint colors and get the best results, but then again I've read on here how they've been unable to repair paint defects due to inability to properly match the colors or metallics. Has anyone been through this that can give more info or pics on the end result?

Any and all input is much appreciated, as I'll likely take it in towards the end of the week. Thanks!
Old 1/30/12, 11:14 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Welcome
Old 1/30/12, 11:18 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Welcome to TMS! Great color choice! Post up some pics.
Old 1/30/12, 11:30 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Welcome.... PICS PLEASE!!
Old 1/30/12, 11:48 PM
GT Member

Updated my avatar with a pic from the dealership, will try to get some up later tomorrow as well as this weekend as long as the weather holds up. It really is a gorgeous color, and surprisingly rare - a lucky find on my part.
Old 1/30/12, 11:57 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome.

I got a Yellow Blaze GT/CS about two weeks ago, i also bought a GT500 spoiler for it. I have to have 4 of the 8 holes filled in trunk lid, can't wait for spring.
Old 1/31/12, 12:42 AM
GT Member

Yeah I read your initial purchase thread as well as the GT500 thread where it was mentioned the CS spoiler used the 8 bolts instead of 4. Luckily I don't have a spoiler installed at all, so virgin sheetmetal to work with. My best guess is that I'll like the spoiler, but even if the dealer won't go for the GT500 one I'll be ok with the current setup - for now.
Old 1/31/12, 06:59 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Welcome!
Old 6/20/12, 11:22 PM
GT Member

Wanted to update you all: made it through my four month "vacation" (Navy Officer Candidate School, Newport, RI) and during that time had the spoiler installed while the wife drove it around town once a week for me...install looks great, will upload pics later this week. Thinking about my next mods of LCA's (and maybe UCA's - any reason for/against installing them?), adjustable panhard bar, Roush or Magnaflow axle-backs, possibly gears (3.55 or 3.73 in an auto), and of course some tunes from Bama or another reputable source.

Please feel free to message me with advice or suggestions on mods and sources to buy from, as well as if you're in the Dallas/Fort Worth area (my current locale) or in the Pensacola/Florabama region (my new home in two weeks, Navy flight school). Would love to meet up at a car meet/show as well as the track sometime.
Old 6/24/12, 04:08 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Where's the pics?? Looks like you have the earlier S197 OEM polished Bullitt wheels?
Old 6/24/12, 05:02 PM
GTR Member

Yeah, more pics and car info needed.

All you've posted so far is it is Yellow Blaze, not whether GT or V6 or what options and which spoiler you finally went with.

When I bought mine I could have had one with the spoiler but I like the looks of it without.
Old 6/24/12, 08:06 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I'd guess base GT. You can see the 5.0 in his avatar...
Old 6/25/12, 06:34 AM
Cobra Member

Location: NJ. Waiting for our Gov. to be held accountable for his actions>>>Jersey Broke
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Picture Please of the spolier and paint. YB is a very hard color to match.
Old 6/25/12, 11:59 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by laserred38
I'd guess base GT. You can see the 5.0 in his avatar...
Where do you see that it's a GT?

I can see the trunk wart so it's a Premium not a base, and the wheels can always have been changed.
Old 6/26/12, 07:45 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Ltngdrvr

Where do you see that it's a GT?

I can see the trunk wart so it's a Premium not a base, and the wheels can always have been changed.
Touché I see the trunk wart too now. Looks like an emblem on the fender - could be a PBF emblem I guess.
Old 6/26/12, 09:54 AM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by laserred38
Touché I see the trunk wart too now. Looks like an emblem on the fender - could be a PBF emblem I guess.
Your eyes are better than mine, can't see anything on the fender.

Guess it doesn't really matter.
Old 6/26/12, 10:12 AM
Legacy TMS Member

I know right? We're over here debating what car he has haha. If he'd just post pictures! I want to see the YB with those wheels.
Old 6/26/12, 01:17 PM
Cobra R Member

lol, GT..
https://themustangsource.com/f650/ne...8/#post6239475
Old 6/26/12, 01:49 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Haha oops. Looks like he has chrome 19" 64V replica wheels...or maybe Saleen Heritage wheels. Looks like a good combo with the YB.
Old 8/15/12, 04:40 PM
GT Member

LOL what suspense and guesstimation going on up in here...sorry guys, have been busy with work and moving lately. Will have pics up shortly, as I had the spoiler installed in FEB and took pics since then. I'm installing Mac axlebacks, blue coil covers, and FRPP lower control arms very soon (waiting for the mufflers and covers to arrive) so I'll definitely be doing another photoshoot and videos after that since I've only seen a few with the Mac's - I took a shot with them instead of Roush/Flow/Maggies/every other brand that are well represented, hopefully I'll like them.

As far as the car, yes it's a 2011 GT Premium. I bought it used less than a year old with 13k on the odo, and the wheels and faux hood scoop were already installed. I researched them and found them listed on AmericanMuscle's website (http://www.americanmuscle.com/chrome...19x8-9410.html) under their replica OEM wheels. I agree, they don't look bad with the color...I've debated upgrading in the future to possibly one of the Shelby styles (though they're on lots of these cars so not too original) but for right now I'm sticking with them and probably changing the "SR" caps out for some plain chrome ones from AM.

I'm flattered that I held you all up in anticipation - definitely not my intention - but it's been a hectic two months and I'm finally getting settled into a routine. Any other questions or comments about the car? Any specific pics you want to see? Thanks!

Quick Reply: New YB 2011 owner from North Texas