2015 - 2023 MUSTANG Discuss everything 2015-2023 S550 Mustang

Your V6 2015 Mustang Reviews!

Search this Thread

Old 12/21/14, 06:33 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK folks, it's been a couple of months now since the Mustangs started getting delivered and I wanted to hear from the V6 owners out there- what's it like living with your cars at this point? Anyone putting winter tires/wheels in their cars? Modifications? Gas mileage? The GT and Ecoboost seem to get all the love around here so I figured since I'm going to get a V6, Id like to start a thread just for us!! Let's hear from you all
Old 12/22/14, 07:58 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
So far so great. This is my first brand new car and I'm really enjoying it. I've driven the previous Gen mustang before and this car seems like it handles better. Gas mileage is good, I got 30mpg on a road trip last week. As for mods I would like to get the ecoboost perf pack wheels, and a tuner.
Old 12/22/14, 08:05 AM
Mach 1 Member

Old 12/22/14, 08:28 AM
V6 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My opinion, and only my opinion, not to be confused with anyone else's opinion: Driving a 4 or 6 cyl. mustang is like taking your cousin to the prom vs. staying home. While driving a loaded GT premium is like taking a slutty gymnast- is there really a reason to go with anyone else?
Old 12/22/14, 03:14 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by elfiero
My opinion, and only my opinion, not to be confused with anyone else's opinion: Driving a 4 or 6 cyl. mustang is like taking your cousin to the prom vs. staying home. While driving a loaded GT premium is like taking a slutty gymnast- is there really a reason to go with anyone else?

I would just say that today's V6 and 4 cylinder Mustang offers just as much performance as a GT from only 4 years ago and better performance than every Mustang GT from 1965 to 2004. I honestly understand the whole "it has to have a V8" mindset that a lot of Mustang owners subscribe to. Two of the four Mustangs that I have owned have been V8 powered and they are indeed intoxicating to drive. Having said that, I don't really miss my 06 GT when driving my 3.7 car. It still sounds good, offers great performance and I'm getting 22 mpg. It's like taking the cheap date who still puts out.
Old 12/22/14, 04:36 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 3point7
I would just say that today's V6 and 4 cylinder Mustang offers just as much performance as a GT from only 4 years ago and better performance than every Mustang GT from 1965 to 2004. I honestly understand the whole "it has to have a V8" mindset that a lot of Mustang owners subscribe to. Two of the four Mustangs that I have owned have been V8 powered and they are indeed intoxicating to drive. Having said that, I don't really miss my 06 GT when driving my 3.7 car. It still sounds good, offers great performance and I'm getting 22 mpg. It's like taking the cheap date who still puts out.
Well said!!
Old 12/22/14, 04:37 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by GT40 2
So far so great. This is my first brand new car and I'm really enjoying it. I've driven the previous Gen mustang before and this car seems like it handles better. Gas mileage is good, I got 30mpg on a road trip last week. As for mods I would like to get the ecoboost perf pack wheels, and a tuner.
Thanks for the comments.. I think it's important that the 2015 V6 get some love around here too..
Old 12/22/14, 04:40 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I get it from a purely sound perspective, but that's it. I have had many, many V8 Mustangs and purposefully chose a EB this time around. It's more fun to drive my then my 09 GT and with not much in the way of mods can be made much quicker if I wanted.

The whole narrow-minded mindset of so many of these GT Only fanboys makes me laugh. They have no idea of the history of the car and just want something to brag about.

(I'll also say I never took my mom or a cousin to the Prom. I'm sorry he had to experience that indignation).
Old 12/22/14, 05:09 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by JeffreyDJ
I get it from a purely sound perspective, but that's it. I have had many, many V8 Mustangs and purposefully chose a EB this time around. It's more fun to drive my then my 09 GT and with not much in the way of mods can be made much quicker if I wanted.

The whole narrow-minded mindset of so many of these GT Only fanboys makes me laugh. They have no idea of the history of the car and just want something to brag about.

(I'll also say I never took my mom or a cousin to the Prom. I'm sorry he had to experience that indignation).
You make a good point Jeff. I think we should all keep in mind that if not for the V6 / 4 cylinder version of the Mustang there would not be a Mustang GT to buy. If Ford had to rely on GT sales alone to keep the car in production the Mustang would long ago have been discontinued. Now it is true enough that a person can pick up a used GT for a good price with no trouble. For what I paid for a new V6 I could easily have purchased a 2013 GT with low miles. I personally didn't want another GT as the V6 offered the level of performance that I wanted combined with gas mileage that would allow me to daily drive the car.

You know the reality is that if you took just your average person and put them behind the wheel of a 3.7 powered Mustang and they didn't know any better (as most people don't) that person would come back from a test drive swearing the car was V8 powered based solely on the sound and performance. Now that obviously would never work on any of us here because we are all Mustang enthusiasts and we know better. But a large percentage of the American population doesn't have a clue. To them a Mustang is a Mustang and they don't get all wrapped around the axle about it (pun intended) like we do.
Old 12/22/14, 05:27 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Now that obviously would never work on any of us here because we are all Mustang enthusiasts and we know better. But a large percentage of the American population doesn't have a clue. To them a Mustang is a Mustang and they don't get all wrapped around the axle about it (pun intended) like we do.
Exactly. And the reality is, there isn't a bad choice of motors. For the first time (excluding SEs) the Mustang has 3 great powertrains to choose from and none are the wrong choice. You just need to figure out which one is for you.

(Side note, I did test drive a GT and had a 6 as a loaner for 3 days while I had work done. I liked al 3 engines and if the EB hadn't been available, I'd have been all over a 6 this time around).
Old 12/22/14, 05:56 PM
Bullitt Member

I'm getting the V6 primarily because I can really only afford it. After hearing the engine, the exhaust and how nice it rides and drives it's fast becoming a great option and one I will be very proud to own. I too had a couple of V8 Mustangs in my younger days and in all honesty the only thing I will miss is the premium leather and interior. I'm thinking the aftermarket will take care of most of that though, so as I get extra cash I'll upgrade. The main things I want to do would be replace the grill with one without the running horse but a Tribar on the side. Put dual stripes on the car and a Roush spoiler in back. After that I may get leather interior and make some upgrades, but that's the fun of it. I'll keep the care for a long time so doing these things over time will always keep the car fresh for me.
Old 12/22/14, 06:17 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by stam616
I'm getting the V6 primarily because I can really only afford it. After hearing the engine, the exhaust and how nice it rides and drives it's fast becoming a great option and one I will be very proud to own. I too had a couple of V8 Mustangs in my younger days and in all honesty the only thing I will miss is the premium leather and interior. I'm thinking the aftermarket will take care of most of that though, so as I get extra cash I'll upgrade. The main things I want to do would be replace the grill with one without the running horse but a Tribar on the side. Put dual stripes on the car and a Roush spoiler in back. After that I may get leather interior and make some upgrades, but that's the fun of it. I'll keep the care for a long time so doing these things over time will always keep the car fresh for me.
Stam makes another good point about the V6. We all know that Ford has decided to sell the V6 as a stripped down model in favor of pushing the ecoboost version of the car. Early sales reports, however, indicate that the V6 and ecoboost are about 50 / 50 or dead even in sales numbers. It makes me wonder if Ford will start offering more option content on the V6 model. Even if they don't, however, the reality is that the aftermarket will. This is one of the great things about buying a Mustang. The aftermarket will supply just about anything you can think of. So if you don't have leather seats and you want leather seats, no problem. If you want interior bits to dress up your interior, it's available. Stereo upgrades, lighting upgrades, suspension upgrades, the whole ball of wax. You can buy a bare bones stripped down Mustang V6 or ecoboost and use the aftermarket to turn it into exactly the option content you want and probably for less money than you would pay for it at the dealership. Aside from the Jeep Wrangler I can't think of another car that has as massive an aftermarket as the Mustang. Maybe the Camaro but I haven't looked into it. Regardless, it makes it a lot easier for owners of the car to give their Mustang a completely custom look and feel thanks to the extensive aftermarket.
Old 12/22/14, 06:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

There isn't much of an aftermarket for the V6 right now. I can't find a tuner or a one piece DS. I'm hoping that that will change.
Old 12/22/14, 06:43 PM
Mach 1 Member

There isn't much of an aftermarket for the V6 right now. I can't find a tuner or a one piece DS. I'm hoping that that will change.
Oh yes, have no doubt that over time the aftermarket for the S550 will grow. There are a few items out already for the V6 such as CAI and this Eibach complete handling package. Have a look and see what you think.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/2015-mustang-springs.html
Old 12/22/14, 08:48 PM
Mach 1 Member

Nothing yet, even the pp wheels/tires are hard to find, saw some on eBay for $1900.

Last edited by GT40 2; 12/22/14 at 08:51 PM.
Old 12/22/14, 11:32 PM
Bullitt Member

Stam makes another good point about the V6. We all know that Ford has decided to sell the V6 as a stripped down model in favor of pushing the ecoboost version of the car. Early sales reports, however, indicate that the V6 and ecoboost are about 50 / 50 or dead even in sales numbers. It makes me wonder if Ford will start offering more option content on the V6 model. Even if they don't, however, the reality is that the aftermarket will. This is one of the great things about buying a Mustang. The aftermarket will supply just about anything you can think of. So if you don't have leather seats and you want leather seats, no problem. If you want interior bits to dress up your interior, it's available. Stereo upgrades, lighting upgrades, suspension upgrades, the whole ball of wax. You can buy a bare bones stripped down Mustang V6 or ecoboost and use the aftermarket to turn it into exactly the option content you want and probably for less money than you would pay for it at the dealership. Aside from the Jeep Wrangler I can't think of another car that has as massive an aftermarket as the Mustang. Maybe the Camaro but I haven't looked into it. Regardless, it makes it a lot easier for owners of the car to give their Mustang a completely custom look and feel thanks to the extensive aftermarket.
Thanks and they already have some stuff for the V6- Roush has a whole car you can buy lol., spoilers, new nose/tail.. Wheels, hoods, also, I've seem aftermarket mufflers for the V6 and CAI. Katzskin even has leather for the Mustang available in different colors . Just think what will be available in a year!
Old 12/24/14, 07:03 AM
Bullitt Member

You make a good point Jeff. I think we should all keep in mind that if not for the V6 / 4 cylinder version of the Mustang there would not be a Mustang GT to buy. If Ford had to rely on GT sales alone to keep the car in production the Mustang would long ago have been discontinued. Now it is true enough that a person can pick up a used GT for a good price with no trouble. For what I paid for a new V6 I could easily have purchased a 2013 GT with low miles. I personally didn't want another GT as the V6 offered the level of performance that I wanted combined with gas mileage that would allow me to daily drive the car.

You know the reality is that if you took just your average person and put them behind the wheel of a 3.7 powered Mustang and they didn't know any better (as most people don't) that person would come back from a test drive swearing the car was V8 powered based solely on the sound and performance. Now that obviously would never work on any of us here because we are all Mustang enthusiasts and we know better. But a large percentage of the American population doesn't have a clue. To them a Mustang is a Mustang and they don't get all wrapped around the axle about it (pun intended) like we do.
Well, if ford didn't offer the other 2 engines, prices of the 5.0 cars would be cheaper. Less testing, less manufacturing, less suppliers, the list goes on and on.
So thank the 4 & 6 buyers for the high price of the gt.

The Eco is a bad *** no doubt, I had doubts when ordering my gt about the Ecoboost.

It's my same theory on the trucks. A std cab truck is completely worthless. Stop building them and the ext cab and crew cab trucks prices will drop.
Old 12/24/14, 07:05 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by stam616
Thanks and they already have some stuff for the V6- Roush has a whole car you can buy lol., spoilers, new nose/tail.. Wheels, hoods, also, I've seem aftermarket mufflers for the V6 and CAI. Katzskin even has leather for the Mustang available in different colors . Just think what will be available in a year!
Stick on crap. Very little in the way of performance.

In a year. About the same as available now.
Old 12/24/14, 07:06 AM
Bullitt Member

Nothing yet, even the pp wheels/tires are hard to find, saw some on eBay for $1900.
I tried selling my set, 300miles on the for $1200. No takers. Dropped it to $1100. Nothing.
Old 12/24/14, 07:07 AM
Bullitt Member

Any driveshaft shop will make you one.

Call Shaftmasters in michigan. Get under your car and measure it. They will build it.

Quick Reply: Your V6 2015 Mustang Reviews!