Go Back   The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums > Mustang by Model Year > 2015 - Next Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

2015 - Next Generation Discuss the Next Generation -- the 50th Anniversary Ford Mustang!!

Welcome to The Mustang Source!
Welcome to The Mustang Source,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 4/9/12, 7:01 AM   #1
Bullitt Member

Will there be a 2015 Shelby GT500?

According to the Shelby president, yes:

http://mustangsdaily.com/blog/2012/0...ustang-lineup/
fastautos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4/9/12, 7:06 AM   #2
More Avatar Changes Than Paris Hilton Vid's
TMS Staff

Garage
Moving to '2015 - Next Generation' section, but will leave a link for a few hours . . .
Old 4/9/12, 10:29 AM   #3
GTR Member

Paul

2005 Mustang GT
Garage
Gotta say.............I didn't see that one coming.

Hopefully this thread won't turn into a Shelby v SVT catfight (but I bet it will )........but I'd say there's quite possibly room for both in the next generation. If the 5.8 is carried over into the new car, then it makes sense to badge it as a Shelby (and that backs up comments on the launch of the '13 GT500 - that it would only be used with the Shelby name......at first I assumed that mean no more than a 2 year run.....odd, given the time, money and resources that went into the 5.8 development....so it kinda makes sense to see it in the '15+.

That also leaves the door wide open for an SVT 4-banger
Twin Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4/9/12, 3:39 PM   #4
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Yeah I don't really see why people would be surprised by this. The GT-500 prints money and as long as the man's happy to have his name on the car I think Ford's pretty happy to keep it around.

There will be performance Mustangs without a V8, almost certainly an EBV6 and very likely a Turbo 4, which will be prime candidates for non-Shelby names.
Old 4/10/12, 4:00 PM   #5
bt4
Bullitt Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosetang View Post
Yeah I don't really see why people would be surprised by this. The GT-500 prints money and as long as the man's happy to have his name on the car I think Ford's pretty happy to keep it around.

There will be performance Mustangs without a V8, almost certainly an EBV6 and very likely a Turbo 4, which will be prime candidates for non-Shelby names.
Leftlane News had a quote from someone at Shelby who echoed your sentiments. It makes sense--if Ford and Shelby are making money, there is no reason to quit.

I also agree with your second paragraph. Frankly, I have been surprised that Ford has not offered an SVO-type Mustang. I have a MS3, and I can attest a boosted 4 can be a lot of fun to drive. And I still remember the Lincoln MKR concept (built on a stretched Mustang platform). That twin-turbo D35 with 415-HP would make a wicked special edition Mustang.
bt4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4/10/12, 6:24 PM   #6
NTTAWWT

David

04 Sonic Blue GT
Garage
Shelby himself won't be around for the 2015s, therefore the use of his name will be left to the company, and of course they'll use it, so there will definitely be a 2015 Shelby GT500. As we've all seen, they love the heck out of selling stuff with Shelby's name on it.

Founder - I Hate priuses Coalition - TMS Chapter

Quote:
"Mmmm, we have everything we need...scenery, swooping road, no traffic...the Holy Trinity for anyone who's Communion wine comes with an Octane rating. - Jezza
StangMahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4/16/12, 11:55 AM   #7
bob
GTR Member

2009 Perf. White GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin Turbo View Post
Hopefully this thread won't turn into a Shelby v SVT catfight (but I bet it will )
Yes! Suck it SVT Cobra!
2009 Performance White/Blue GT500 - Born 12/12/2008 - #2969 of 3004 coupes and is #648 of 651 Performance White coupes.

Mods: MGW Shifter, UMI Panhard Rod, UMI LCA Relocators, BMR Rod End Rear Control Arms, McLeod RXT Clutch & Flywheel, ARH 1-7/8 Long Tubes, ARH 3" OR X-pipe, Dynomax 3" exhuast w/ race bullets, FRPP Cobra Jet Clutch Fluid Line, FRPP 65mm Twin Blade T-body, 2.9 Whipple w/Crusher & 3.00 pulley, Lund Tune, AFCO Pro H/E, DBA 5000/4000 Rotors, Goodridge Hoses, Hawk HP+ Pads, FRPP FR3 Suspension, Vorshlag Caster/Camber Plates

11.72 @ 123 with a craptacular 1.99 '60 time so far (pre Whipple )
bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4/16/12, 1:55 PM   #8
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Adrian

2013 Focus ST
Garage
cobra R takes little blind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs View Post
I'm just a fat man living in a slightly lesser fat man's body.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs View Post
I don't trust anyone that likes soccer
Flagstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4/19/12, 2:57 AM   #9

megan

2009 Black Ford Fiesta
Send a message via Yahoo to meganzhang
Ugh. I was really hoping that Shelby would go away and we could get back to the Cobra nameplate and price. I hate the feeling that SVT does most of the work but Shelby gets most of the credit for the GT500.
meganzhang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4/19/12, 3:22 AM   #10
Post *****

Charliehorse

2008 BULLITT
Garage
Quote:
......at first I assumed that mean no more than a 2 year run.....odd, given the time, money and resources that went into the 5.8 development....so it kinda makes sense to see it in the '15+.
Yeah I don't think they'd invest $$$ in the 650 hp 351 and put out special handling for that 200mph monster, and then stop after 2 yrs.
The DYNAMO Bullitt #901 in Dark Highland Green

"Bullitt 08.0901 ~ Built 0109.08"

"Steve was very clear, adds his former production partner, Robert Releya...
He always said that this movie was a western in which he would strap on a car like a gun belt."
cdynaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4/19/12, 3:23 AM   #11
Post *****

Charliehorse

2008 BULLITT
Garage
Quote:
......at first I assumed that mean no more than a 2 year run.....odd, given the time, money and resources that went into the 5.8 development....so it kinda makes sense to see it in the '15+.
Yeah I don't think Ford would invest $$$ in the 650 hp 351 and put out special handling for that 200mph monster, and then stop after 2 yrs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meganzhang View Post
Ugh. I was really hoping that Shelby would go away and we could get back to the Cobra nameplate and price. I hate the feeling that SVT does most of the work but Shelby gets most of the credit for the GT500.
Please keep that debate an any one of 19 threads about it.
The DYNAMO Bullitt #901 in Dark Highland Green

"Bullitt 08.0901 ~ Built 0109.08"

"Steve was very clear, adds his former production partner, Robert Releya...
He always said that this movie was a western in which he would strap on a car like a gun belt."
cdynaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4/19/12, 12:55 PM   #12
Cobra R Member

Phil

2003 SVT Cobra, 1997 Mustang GT
Send a message via AIM to 97GT03SVT
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdynaco

Yeah I don't think they'd invest $$$ in the 650 hp 351 and put out special handling for that 200mph monster, and then stop after 2 yrs.
You never know, Ford pulled out all the stops for the short 2 year runs of the 03-04 cobra and mach1. Both cars had unique engines and suspension, neither engine was carried over for the 05 model

Deep Violet 1997 Mustang GT.
97GT03SVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4/22/12, 1:00 AM   #13

I was at the Ford dealer the other day and the sales men were all saying that Ford Motor Company plans on making a GT550 and then a GT600, but that's within the next 5 years. Who knows though.
amnation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4/22/12, 1:11 AM   #14
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by amnation
I was at the Ford dealer the other day and the sales men were all saying that Ford Motor Company plans on making a GT550 and then a GT600, but that's within the next 5 years. Who knows though.
I'm pretty much speechless after this comment.
11SHELBYGT500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4/22/12, 1:18 AM   #15
Mach 1 Member

Pete

2007 Mustang GT, Slightly Modded
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500

I'm pretty much speechless after this comment.
I know there's a first time for everything but I'm surely going to capture this now. Joe is NEVER speechless.
Old 4/22/12, 2:53 AM   #16
GTR Member

Paul

2005 Mustang GT
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by amnation View Post
Who knows though.
No one. Certainly not those salesman, that's for sure

Anything's possible, but I suspect that was nothing more than wishful thinking.
Twin Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4/22/12, 6:08 PM   #17
bob
GTR Member

2009 Perf. White GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by meganzhang View Post
Ugh. I was really hoping that Shelby would go away and we could get back to the Cobra nameplate and price.
If the Cobra was a guaranteed sell in mumbers like the GT500, Ford would really appreciate the little extra going to thier bottom line because the royalties are gone, you can bet all your blue oval stock that Ford wouldn't pass the savings onto the buyer.

Quote:
I hate the feeling that SVT does most of the work but Shelby gets most of the credit for the GT500.
Any Mustang fan worth thier salt knows who really does the work on the GT500, if not they are really misinformed or new to the hobby, outside Mustang circles I can see where the confusion would occur, but you have some really savy people at least in the GM and Mopar circles that know where the GT500 gets its engineering from.
2009 Performance White/Blue GT500 - Born 12/12/2008 - #2969 of 3004 coupes and is #648 of 651 Performance White coupes.

Mods: MGW Shifter, UMI Panhard Rod, UMI LCA Relocators, BMR Rod End Rear Control Arms, McLeod RXT Clutch & Flywheel, ARH 1-7/8 Long Tubes, ARH 3" OR X-pipe, Dynomax 3" exhuast w/ race bullets, FRPP Cobra Jet Clutch Fluid Line, FRPP 65mm Twin Blade T-body, 2.9 Whipple w/Crusher & 3.00 pulley, Lund Tune, AFCO Pro H/E, DBA 5000/4000 Rotors, Goodridge Hoses, Hawk HP+ Pads, FRPP FR3 Suspension, Vorshlag Caster/Camber Plates

11.72 @ 123 with a craptacular 1.99 '60 time so far (pre Whipple )
bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4/22/12, 7:11 PM   #18
Mach 1 Member

Pete

2007 Mustang GT, Slightly Modded
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob

If the Cobra was a guaranteed sell in mumbers like the GT500, Ford would really appreciate the little extra going to thier bottom line because the royalties are gone, you can bet all your blue oval stock that Ford wouldn't pass the savings onto the buyer.

Any Mustang fan worth thier salt knows who really does the work on the GT500, if not they are really misinformed or new to the hobby, outside Mustang circles I can see where the confusion would occur, but you have some really savy people at least in the GM and Mopar circles that know where the GT500 gets its engineering from.
Savvy, GM, and Mopar, one of these is not like the other.
Old 4/23/12, 9:22 AM   #19
Cobra Member

Randy

2011 Mustang GT
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by amnation View Post
Yeah, I've met car salesmen like that. It seems that many of them have a policy that declares "If you don't know the answer, just make something up. Customers are too stupid to know the difference."
Modifications: Grabber Pony custom shift **** / California Special chin spoiler / Silverhorse Racing quarter window louvers / Painted much of the flat black plastic body color / Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter / Steeda Ultimate Induction Pack / Steeda Sport Springs / Steeda Pro-Action Shocks and Struts / Pioneer TS-D6802R front speakers.
RandyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5/12/12, 11:20 AM   #20
Cobra R Member

Phil

2003 SVT Cobra, 1997 Mustang GT
Send a message via AIM to 97GT03SVT
Quote:
Originally Posted by StangMahn
Shelby himself won't be around for the 2015s, therefore the use of his name will be left to the company, and of course they'll use it, so there will definitely be a 2015 Shelby GT500. As we've all seen, they love the heck out of selling stuff with Shelby's name on it.
You called it! You win the Nostradamus award!

Deep Violet 1997 Mustang GT.
97GT03SVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5/12/12, 11:20 AM