2015 - 2023 MUSTANG Discuss everything 2015-2023 S550 Mustang

too far?

Search this Thread

Old 5/3/16, 09:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
too far?

Ok guys, after searching for over a month, I finally found some premium auto gt's in the 33k range. Problem is they are all near the coast. I originally wanted a guard or ruby red, but also like magnetic, silver, black and possibly race red or orange. I located a race red with foundry wheels for 33.2k but its about an 8 hour drive away. It has the wheels I like, but all black interior and I think I would like ceramic or saddle better. I also found a magnetic with 19" wheels and saddle interior for 33.7, buts its 7.5 hours away.

What do you think, worth the drive to save a couple grand or not worth the hassle? I still don't know what they would give for my trade either as I have to get at least what I owe to make it doable and the local dealer will give me 1 grand more than its worth, but all they have is a ruby red base with stripes on it and they are asking over 32k.
Old 5/4/16, 05:21 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Get what you want! I have done both, so I speak from experience. I would touch base with your local dealer, and tell them what you want. If they want your business bad enough, they will find you one!
Old 5/4/16, 08:33 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts
Yep. Talk to your local dealer because the trade is too hard to rely on.

Also I wanted saddle in my 2014 and I had to order it. My car didn't exist as I wanted it on any lot anywhere. Get an X-plan PIN first.
Old 5/4/16, 10:10 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 773 Likes on 565 Posts
What is your trade in? Your local dealership should be able to trade with another dealer to get you the car you want. if not go do the drive.
Old 5/4/16, 12:56 PM

My current car is a 2014 GT base manual with 3.73 gears, grey, 19.5k miles, unmodified and very good condition. I doubt the local dealer could do a trade since they are low volume and don't have a comparable car (looks like they just sold the gt) and still offer me the price the other place is asking. I'm sure they could order me one, but that would be at a-plan pricing at best which would be about 3k more than the other place.

On a side note, I thought about driving up to where I got my current car (about a 2 hour drive) since they have decent prices. But it looks like all they ever get in are base mustangs, usually with the upgraded gears.

Last edited by Mrbobcat; 5/4/16 at 12:59 PM.
Old 5/24/16, 11:41 PM

Dang it! I finally decided to make the trip to check out that race red near the coast but emailed them first to make sure they still had it and they sold it over the weekend. I found another one just like it for almost 2k more, but its quite a drive too. So I've come to the conclusion that mid 30's is the best I'm going to do at the moment for an auto premium (if I want to stay with the V8). I'm getting tired of searching, so I wrote down my best choices:

black/black with foundry wheels 34.7k (fairly close by)
magnetic/saddle int. 19" wheels, sync voice 33.7k (long drive)
race red/black, foundry wheels 35k (long drive)
silver/black recaros, 19" wheels, 3.55 gears 37.9, but's its a 2015 (med. drive)
race red/black, foundry wheels 34k (2015) (med. drive)
guard/black, 19" wheels, shaker, voice, security, park assist 38.4k (2015) fairly close

I also found a yellow and white in the same ballpark and a 50 year orange, but think I want one of the above colors. I honestly can't decide what color I like best, but leaning towards race red or black, but I know black is a pita to keep clean. So what do you guys think? The magnetic with saddle interior looks best imo and the best price, but I've wanted a green car for a long time and the guard would be different and its by far the most loaded of my choices. Its also the most expensive, but with the 0% should be in the ballpark of the others. Just not sure if I should go with a 15 or wait it out awhile to see if they will offer finance deals on the 16's?

Last edited by Mrbobcat; 5/24/16 at 11:43 PM.
Old 5/25/16, 05:37 AM
Cobra Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Dang man, just pick one. Just get the race red. Or maybe the ruby red, that color is awesome. However, the DIB is really popular and the orange 50 appearance car probably is a knockout. Not black or white on the S550. Triple yellow is a totally popping color.
Old 5/25/16, 08:27 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I think you should go for the guard. You have wanted a green car, it's the most bang for your buck and it is close. That is what I think I would do. I am not a patient person so I would not be able to wait for deals on left over 16's. lol. As long as you get exactly what you want, it is not too far. Nothing more satisfying than hunting down your Stang and bringing that baby home for the first time. Go with your heart.
Old 5/25/16, 12:20 PM

Yeah, I think I'll at least check the guard out and see if the deal is doable. Only concern is buying a car that is almost 2 years old already and not sure if it has nav. But then again, mustangs hold their value pretty good (especially if its a loaded gt) and I'm sure there has to be a way to upgrade the sync if needed.
Old 5/25/16, 12:47 PM
V6 Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Road test whats available .... at your local dealer, or one near by.....
You can get a fair market value from just about any dealer, more if they want your business. Take picks of your car and email them to the dealer with your dream car. Tell them what you want for trade in... Then tell them what you are willing to pay. If they want your business they should deal if it is a good ofter. If not then walk......... they will come around. lol
Make you deal over the phone and have it delivered to your door.
Old 6/1/16, 01:47 AM

Hey guys, I found a new 16 magnetic prem auto gt for just over 32k! It has the saddle interior and only option is the spare. Some of the issues are its a long drive, not sure if I want magnetic now (kind of leaning towards black, red or silver if I can't find a guard) and it has the base wheels and no voice snyc.

So do you think the dealer would put different wheels on it like the foundry or the 19's if I asked him and does the base sync 3 have nav installed already? There is another dealer in the same area that also has a mag prem for 34.1k (price went up by 400 for some reason), but it already has the 19's and voice sync (looks like it has nav). Anyone know a good link to read up on the different sync options since I've never had anthing like it before? btw, I'm still exchanging emails with the dealer that has the 15 guard, but it doesn't sound like they want to discount it much even though the 17's are starting to hit the lots.

Last edited by Mrbobcat; 6/1/16 at 01:50 AM.
Old 6/1/16, 04:54 AM
FR500 Member

Received 118 Likes on 101 Posts
Originally Posted by Mrbobcat

So do you think the dealer would put different wheels on it like the foundry or the 19's if I asked him
It's likely the dealer will charge you big bucks to make the swap. They might allow you something for the original wheels/tires, but probably very little.

I think you're better off taking the best deal and replacing the rolling stock with aftermarket wheels of which your choices are numerous and sell the existing ones. Or you can scour Ebay and other sources for takeoff wheels like the ones you want. It'll be far cheaper than doing it through the dealer.
Old 6/1/16, 04:35 PM

You are probably right, but I do remember somebody posting that the dealer switched wheels for him for free to make a deal. I'm sure they would be more willing to switch to foundrys since they are only a 150 option compared to the 19's which are a grand.
Old 7/9/16, 09:44 AM

Update; I'm still looking going on 3 months now. I missed an opportunity to get a loaded 15 ruby red with recaros for 35k since it was a super long drive and I thought about it too long. They do have another one like it although its a 16 with reg. black seats but they haven't given me a price for some reason. I also found a couple silvers at a decent price, but I've already had a couple silver cars.

Right now I'm thinking about a couple 16 guards, 400a package for about 35.5 or a 15 401a for a little over 36, but they have all black interior. I just found an orange 401a with ceramic interior for about 6k off. IDK, I still cant decide what color I like best, but I think I'd rather find one with either ceramic or saddle seats. I can't seem to find any race reds for a decent price at the moment and I do think I like the new lightning blue, but would more than likely have to be patient for prices to drop on the 17's if I went that route. IDK, they are all a fairly long drive so I want to be pretty sure which one I want before taking a trip.

Last edited by Mrbobcat; 7/9/16 at 09:47 AM.