2015 - 2023 MUSTANG Discuss everything 2015-2023 S550 Mustang

Those of you who dislike/hate the 2015

Search this Thread

Old 1/3/14, 09:11 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Those of you who dislike/hate the 2015

I am all about the 2015 mustang. I firmly believe it's going to be a huge success and anticipate getting one of the first few SE (Boss, Mach, gt350...). I look forward to the awesome interior, the improved handling afforded by the IRS, the more potent power train... I'm just all about everything about the stang. I will go as far as saying that it might just be the best looking mustang of all time and I've owned a several. Again this is opinion ONLY!

But, I know that some of you just aren't into the 2015 stang. So for those of you who just aren't into it, what I'm asking is that 1 year from release, come back online and give your opinion. I'm going out on a limb and predicting that well over 80% are going to be in love. All I ask is that you are all honest.

I can't wait to see it in person and to hear reactions from the rest of you when you do. I haven't heard anything negative from anyone who has seen it in person. There must be a reason!
Old 1/4/14, 08:08 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I know why, ever heard of someone loving someone so much it hurts! In this case the someone is the mustang :-)
Old 1/4/14, 09:13 AM
Mach 1 Member

Eric, there are always going to be haters on the Internet. You could come up with a car that had 750 horsepower, looked like a Mercedes SLS AMG, cost $25K, and you'd have folks hating it.

I'm with you on 2015. I'm thinking about it constantly already. I've had my '05 for almost 9 years now and love it to death. But I'm also ready to upgrade. I almost upgraded when Ford put the 5.0 back in the car in 2011, but held off to wait for the total makeover. So, I've really been ready to upgrade for 3 years. There's no way I could wait for a 2016 or 17 to get a better deal - I'll gladly pay MSRP for all the improvements, just like I did on my '05!

Yes, improved interior, suspension, brakes, power train, along with thoroughly modern exterior looks make it an amazing car. Plus, real yellow is BACK! I'm looking forward to all that, plus the incredible technology that will be in this car. A real functioning Sync system along with the defeatable driver/safety aids is all good in my book. Heck, even my co-worker's $20K Dodge Dart has comprehensive flat screens to monitor oil temp, tire pressure - all the OBDII functions and then some - customers expect all this now as standard equipment. The new Mustang will have all of that, plus the performance tech that we expect.

The only place I draw the line is dealer markups. I refuse to pay them. When I was shopping for the '05, the first local dealer I went to was charging $2K over MSRP to order cars. He wouldn't budge, because people were paying it. I found a dealer 15 miles away who wasn't adding the markup and went with them.
Old 1/4/14, 01:19 PM
Bullitt Member

In my opinion:

The 2015 viewed just as a car is bland, generic and when parked in any mall lot will blend in. No one will be going by it, stop and say "hey look its a new mustang". In short its Meh.

When viewed as a 2015 Mustang its crap. Despite what those that like it put forth, it does not look like a musang. The first though when seeing it is evos/fusion not mustang. It completely dumps the "continuation design" philosophy that ford stated was their desire when the 2005 came out and follows a corporate blending philosophy, in short its an evos with mustang badges.

You now have my current view of this ... thing.
I will gladly return in a year to give my view at that time, though I do not think you should hold your breath or bet the farm on it changing in any way at all for the better unless ford had drastically altered the design.
Old 1/4/14, 01:24 PM
GTR Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by b_btrick
In my opinion:

When viewed as a 2015 Mustang its crap. Despite what those that like it put forth, it does not look like a musang.
Dunno what a musang is, but S550 is a gorgeous Mustang
Old 1/4/14, 02:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

On a scale of 1-10 right now I'd give the 2015 Mustang GT a 7.5. In a year, I'll come back and see if my opinion changes +/- any. So far I like it, but don't love it. Not crazy about the wrap around headlights(also seem too far apart when viewed from the front), U-shaped front end(viewed from above) with rounded corners, grill a bit too big, too-small vertical hip line rise, and for me the rear tail light panel is too angled with the section above the license plate jutting out too much. Overall a bit too soft looking.

Maybe I'm nitpicking because I was hoping to instantly fall in love with this car, but I also understand some of these things might be reasons others love the car. It's just my opinion and I, too, am curious if the styling will grow on me more with time and seeing it in person.
Old 1/4/14, 04:58 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Twin Turbo
Dunno what a musang is, but S550 is a gorgeous Mustang
Lol usually the iPhone auto corrects those!
Old 1/4/14, 05:28 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
can't there be a sticky for people to voice their opinions of this so we don't get stuck with these same threads over and over and OVER again.
Old 1/4/14, 06:25 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by rmurer
can't there be a sticky for people to voice their opinions of this so we don't get stuck with these same threads over and over and OVER again.
Old 1/4/14, 07:12 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Why does it matter if people on here like the new mustang or hate it? For the people who like it, buy it. For the people who don't or hate it, keep what you have and don't buy it. Either way, it doesn't really matter. Ford will gain new customers, Ford will loose customers and Ford will keep some of the same customer's.

The next generation stang looks very nice but nothing that many including myself would be trading our current retro models. Let the haters hate and let the lovers love. Either way, it doesn't matter and look its almost 6:00 a.m. again.
Old 1/4/14, 09:05 PM
Cobra R Member

Where do I start: This 2015 looks like it was designed by some kid who had a box of Japanese,Euro,Korean parts laying around.It's like the kid had a picture of a new Honda accord coupe to draw cues from.For the rear will try and be trendy with a cool angle,the side will make look like a Nissan Q60,the top will borrow from a modern Camaro,and the front (ran out of ideas from that box) will just slap a Fusion on there!

Now lets move on to the mess of a interior! Squares and circles,combined with wheel heater switches and then some airplane flippy things (just to be different)...oh ya and we better throw in a push button start thingy for all the cool kids! (opps we forgot where to put it) ah just stick it anywhere it won't matter!

The only thing this mess of a car has to do with our beloved Mustang is a beautiful V8 (thank god they didn't mess that up) and a pony in the front grill! Other then that,ford should be ashamed to release this thing as the 50th!
Old 1/4/14, 09:30 PM

Im not brand loyal so this horrible design will push me in the Chevy direction when its time to replace my Mustang.
Old 1/4/14, 10:01 PM
Cobra Member

[QUOTE="edbrick;6739219"]Im not brand loyal so this horrible design will push me in the Chevy direction when its time to replace my Mustang.[/QUOTE

You enjoy that.
Old 1/4/14, 10:08 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by tom_vilsack
Where do I start: This 2015 looks like it was designed by some kid who had a box of Japanese,Euro,Korean parts laying around.It's like the kid had a picture of a new Honda accord coupe to draw cues from.For the rear will try and be trendy with a cool angle,the side will make look like a Nissan Q60,the top will borrow from a modern Camaro,and the front (ran out of ideas from that box) will just slap a Fusion on there!

Now lets move on to the mess of a interior! Squares and circles,combined with wheel heater switches and then some airplane flippy things (just to be different)...oh ya and we better throw in a push button start thingy for all the cool kids! (opps we forgot where to put it) ah just stick it anywhere it won't matter!

The only thing this mess of a car has to do with our beloved Mustang is a beautiful V8 (thank god they didn't mess that up) and a pony in the front grill! Other then that,ford should be ashamed to release this thing as the 50th!
So , in short what your saying is!!!!!! YOU REALLY LOVE IT. lmao.
Old 1/5/14, 12:39 AM
Mach 1 Member

Where do I start: This 2015 looks like it was designed by some kid who had a box of Japanese,Euro,Korean parts laying around.It's like the kid had a picture of a new Honda accord coupe to draw cues from.For the rear will try and be trendy with a cool angle,the side will make look like a Nissan Q60,the top will borrow from a modern Camaro,and the front (ran out of ideas from that box) will just slap a Fusion on there! Now lets move on to the mess of a interior! Squares and circles,combined with wheel heater switches and then some airplane flippy things (just to be different)...oh ya and we better throw in a push button start thingy for all the cool kids! (opps we forgot where to put it) ah just stick it anywhere it won't matter! The only thing this mess of a car has to do with our beloved Mustang is a beautiful V8 (thank god they didn't mess that up) and a pony in the front grill! Other then that,ford should be ashamed to release this thing as the 50th!
I am convinced you love the car and are trying to scare off buyers so you can get it at a good price. No one short of PETA would be so obsessed with spending their days telling everyone how much they dislike something that they aren't forced to like or purchase. You have the same point of view as a 2 year old, "I hate this and I need to scream till the world knows". Honestly what is your goal posting the same nonsense in every thread? We get it, you don't like the car. Cool story bro
Old 1/5/14, 01:01 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by xlover
I am convinced you love the car and are trying to scare off buyers so you can get it at a good price. No one short of PETA would be so obsessed with spending their days telling everyone how much they dislike something that they aren't forced to like or purchase. You have the same point of view as a 2 year old, "I hate this and I need to scream till the world knows". Honestly what is your goal posting the same nonsense in every thread? We get it, you don't like the car. Cool story bro
The topic is if you "hate it" and would you like it in one year...as one year is a long time off, I gave my honest thoughts as of today.... I'm guessing if I said I loved it and how great it looks you would not make the same silly "2 year old" comment! Rather then making disparaging comments about my so called age,why don't you tear apart my thoughts of the Mustang in a more intelligent manner!
Old 1/5/14, 08:07 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by edbrick
Im not brand loyal so this horrible design will push me in the Chevy direction when its time to replace my Mustang.

Ever been in a Camaro !
Old 1/5/14, 08:27 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by montreal ponies

Ever been in a Camaro !
Its horrible!
Old 1/5/14, 08:44 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue
Its horrible!
After seeing the new Mustang, my friend who owned one crapmaro in 2010 and still has a 2013 2s in his garage, might be trading in his car for a new Mustang.
It means we might finally be good friends again !,,,,
Old 1/5/14, 08:47 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The 2015 is still light years ahead in looks and styling compared to the S197.
especially the early S197's

Quick Reply: Those of you who dislike/hate the 2015