2015 - 2023 MUSTANG Discuss everything 2015-2023 S550 Mustang

Seen in person - All doubts dispelled

Search this Thread

Old 9/3/14, 11:25 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seen in person - All doubts dispelled

I was walking by the Toronto International Film Festival setup area today, and say a 2015 Ruby Red on display.

Now that I've seen it in person, I completely shift my opinion from "On the fence", to "Love It!".

The friend who was with me (who is not into cars) remarked "Looks Aggressive with a lot of Muscle" - which is a bit at odds with some criticisms I've seen here. Personally, I think it looks "aggressive and sleek".

Of course, it was Ruby Red - my favourite color, so that helps!
Old 9/3/14, 11:59 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 776 Likes on 567 Posts
wHAT NO PICS
Old 9/3/14, 12:03 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Glenn
wHAT NO PICS
x100
Old 9/3/14, 12:21 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Glenn
wHAT NO PICS
Forgot my camera phone. It'll be there for awhile, I'll post 'em on my next pass through.
Old 9/3/14, 12:28 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Told ya it needs to be seen in person to be appreciated and looked at the way it should be.

Some may still hate it, but I bet there's a fair amount of people that say they hate it now, but will grow to like in time, or will flip completely when they see it in metal.

Everyone is having a hard time photographing it. It just doesn't carry the lines and energy that seeing it in person does.
Old 9/3/14, 12:54 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
i've loved it since the first pics!!!
So, i ordered one!!!
Old 9/3/14, 12:57 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Boomer
Some may still hate it, but I bet there's a fair amount of people that say they hate it now, but will grow to like in time, or will flip completely when they see it in metal.
I love the 2015, but the above line reminds me of the move Vacation. Eugene Levy plays a car salesman telling Clark Griswald (Chevy Chase) about the Wagon Queen Family Truckster and says "You think you hate it now, but wait until you drive it."
Old 9/3/14, 01:44 PM
Mach 1 Member

I saw the race red 2015 Mustang GT at the Venice Beach showing...sold me as well right there and then. It was gorgeous..

Dave
Old 9/3/14, 01:51 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by RandyW
I love the 2015, but the above line reminds me of the move Vacation. Eugene Levy plays a car salesman telling Clark Griswald (Chevy Chase) about the Wagon Queen Family Truckster and says "You think you hate it now, but wait until you drive it."

hahah yeah. Completely.

Before: I HATE it, Ford really ****ed up!

Seeing it in Person: Wow this thing looks bloody amazing AMAZING!

After Driving it: Holy Mother of Blessed Acceleration and Handling!
Old 9/3/14, 10:19 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Nice...cant wait.
It gets harder every day!
Waiting that is...
Old 9/4/14, 07:38 AM
Cobra Member

Told ya it needs to be seen in person to be appreciated and looked at the way it should be.

Everyone is having a hard time photographing it. It just doesn't carry the lines and energy that seeing it in person does.

I was on the Fence-Big_Time, until I experienced it in person, 1st seeing it, then riding in it.

Thinking back to my original thought's, it appeared Blandish, Fat & just plain Huge for some reason, not Mustang Worthy...

Seeing it as I approached it for the 1st time, changed my mind instantly. I was surprised how much smaller it appeared in the Flesh than it does in Pictures.

I only have one dislike, the Fusion Like Shape Of The Grill, but it's not enough of a turn-off to cancel my order.

Need's repeating for those on the fence (Not for those on the H8 side on the ground by the fence) It's really an Amazing Looking Mustang in Person-->IMO!
Old 9/4/14, 08:36 AM
I Have No Life

To me I didn't see any fusion in it.
The shape is very close/similar. But the slight slant and recessed grille make it look different and only similar in shape.

To be honest that's no different than if it was a boxy or oval grille on multiple vehicles. It's how it's executed and the grille itself.

I get people wanted something completely different, but that is a more modern shape that is executed nicely and yet different than the fusion. If it was a flat design with a flat grille butted up to the edges, yes I'd say fusion.
Old 9/4/14, 09:01 AM
Cobra Member

To me I didn't see any fusion in it.
The shape is very close/similar. But the slight slant and recessed grille make it look different and only similar in shape.

To be honest that's no different than if it was a boxy or oval grille on multiple vehicles. It's how it's executed and the grille itself.

I get people wanted something completely different, but that is a more modern shape that is executed nicely and yet different than the fusion. If it was a flat design with a flat grille butted up to the edges, yes I'd say fusion.
To me, it's the outside opening towards the bottom left & right sides, that cuts back inward instead of keeping the same flowing outward line, that reminds me of the Fusion.
Old 9/4/14, 09:07 AM
Cobra Member

Here is a pic I found.

Notice the Top grill opening has the same type of cut in on the side and the bottom grill's looks very close as well.

Last edited by LQQK; 9/4/14 at 09:08 AM.
Old 9/4/14, 11:24 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I just don't get the deal with the grill shape complaint. How many hundreds of models of cars have had a rectangular grill? Nobody says that a Ferrari Testarossa looks like a Chevy Cavalier because they both had a rectangular eggcrate grill. I'm sure every model year of Mustang has used a grill whose outline is the same basic shape as some other car's. If somebody thinks it's ugly, fine. But the only way to make a grill outline that no other model of car has ever used would be to make it look like a starfish, or make it asymmetrical.
Old 9/4/14, 11:54 AM
Cobra Member

I just don't get the deal with the grill shape complaint. How many hundreds of models of cars have had a rectangular grill? Nobody says that a Ferrari Testarossa looks like a Chevy Cavalier because they both had a rectangular eggcrate grill. I'm sure every model year of Mustang has used a grill whose outline is the same basic shape as some other car's. If somebody thinks it's ugly, fine. But the only way to make a grill outline that no other model of car has ever used would be to make it look like a starfish, or make it asymmetrical.
Ferrari-Chevy...Really?

Surprised you don't get it, Most have.

I've spoken to many that have voiced the same concern. I was at the MCA National Show. At the 15 Mustang display, I asked several Folks for an opinion. I would guess over 50% said it looked like a Fusion with alot of Mustang fanatics at the show voicing how Ford screwed up the Mustang-->Different Strokes For Different Folks!

I'm OK with the grill's outline (Shape) Just not the way I'd prefer it to be but I'll live with it.

Maybe they are shooting for brand identity (BMW, MB, Audi, Lexus, etc.) since they wanna be know World Wide??
Old 9/4/14, 11:54 AM
V6 Member

Make it a Rhombus!
Old 9/4/14, 12:26 PM
Cobra Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by LQQK
Here is a pic I found. Notice the Top grill opening has the same type of cut in on the side and the bottom grill's looks very close as well.
The grill openings are a similar shape but the grills are totally different. The fusion grill is flush with the grill opening where as the mustang grill is inset, similar to the s197's.
Old 9/4/14, 01:54 PM
Bullitt Member

I went back today for yer pictures folks! Tough to take a photo with Film Festival fences all around everything, but I managed to do it... with an iPhone. It's not much but here you go. Like I said before, though, looks better in person.
Attached Thumbnails Seen in person - All doubts dispelled-photo-1.jpg   Seen in person - All doubts dispelled-photo-2.jpg   Seen in person - All doubts dispelled-photo-3.jpg   Seen in person - All doubts dispelled-photo-4.jpg  
Old 9/4/14, 02:13 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Mrsuitcase
I went back today for yer pictures folks! Tough to take a photo with Film Festival fences all around everything, but I managed to do it... with an iPhone. It's not much but here you go. Like I said before, though, looks better in person.
Absolutely FANTASTIC! it's smooth like buttah! anyone who says that looks like a fusion should be deported! I just can't wait for mine to hit the assembly line.

Quick Reply: Seen in person - All doubts dispelled