Repair & Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

Radio Won't Turn On...

Search this Thread

Old 1/27/15, 09:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Radio Won't Turn On...

Wow... I got to say... This car is becoming a harder and harder pill to swallow. As some may recognize I was one of the few having the brake squealing issues in my 2015 GT mustang. Well thankfully, as of so far, that has been taken care of. But just Bosc while taking my lady out to dinner. The stereo on the car won't turn on. From the sync, Bluetooth, CD player, usb, or even just normal AM/FM radio... Just sits in the black screen... Anyone else have this issue? Is it s simple fix? Or does it sound like I'm again on my way back to Ford Service...
Old 1/27/15, 09:19 PM
THE RED FLASH ------Moderator

Received 1,964 Likes on 1,589 Posts
Originally Posted by Aquillies
Wow... I got to say... This car is becoming a harder and harder pill to swallow. As some may recognize I was one of the few having the brake squealing issues in my 2015 GT mustang. Well thankfully, as of so far, that has been taken care of. But just Bosc while taking my lady out to dinner. The stereo on the car won't turn on. From the sync, Bluetooth, CD player, usb, or even just normal AM/FM radio... Just sits in the black screen... Anyone else have this issue? Is it s simple fix? Or does it sound like I'm again on my way back to Ford Service...
I would just take it back to Ford service, it's not going to cost you anything as your car is under full warranty !
Old 1/27/15, 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT
I would just take it back to Ford service, it's not going to cost you anything as your car is under full warranty !
Except for the cost of a rental car, there's no way it's gonna be a day fix and I don't have a second vehicle. It seems to be where I'll be taking it Thursday. Was just hoping someone else had this issue and new a trick or maybe I locked something. Thanks though.
Old 1/28/15, 03:19 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Fuse?
Old 1/28/15, 04:11 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Wife's Escape did that a couple times. It also got stuck ON a couple times. The problem with the Escape was the problems were intermittent (can't duplicate on demand).
Old 1/28/15, 07:37 AM
Ford In-Vehicle Technology Rep

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Aquillies
Hi Aquillies,

Unfortunately, there's no troubleshooting that we can do if your MyFord Touch screen is black. Please make an appointment with your dealership so they can diagnose and correct it. Let me know how it goes!

Rebecca
Old 1/28/15, 08:07 AM
GT Member

Yes, by all means make an appointment. Stress you would like to have someone show you how it works and they will quickly fix or at least diagnose it. Doubt you need to leave it.
Old 1/28/15, 08:55 AM
Cobra Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
This may not be helpful..my wife's 2015 Jeep does this. It will go black, and then return when the car is restarted or gear changes are made from reverse to drive. Of course it is intermittent and never does it at the dealer.

Stupid question..have you tried using it again and shifting gears, from reverse to drive and back again or has it restarted on it's own when the car is restarted?

Good luck. Sorry I couldn't be more constructive.
Old 1/28/15, 10:47 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
You don't get a loaner (free) when you get warranty work done?
Old 1/28/15, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by Joeywhat
You don't get a loaner (free) when you get warranty work done?
My point exactly ! As I always get a free loaner whenever my car has had warranty work done and even if the repair work isn't warranty related, my dealership will still provide a loaner (free) if they needed to keep my car overnight or longer..

Last edited by m05fastbackGT; 1/28/15 at 02:48 PM.
Old 1/28/15, 01:15 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Loaners are only supplied if you have a Ford extended warranty. Otherwise its just a courtesy of the dealership.
Old 1/28/15, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by dmhines
Loaners are only supplied if you have a Ford extended warranty. Otherwise its just a courtesy of the dealership.
Sorry ! But they're also supplied during the factory warranty period as well..
Old 1/28/15, 01:41 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Sorry ! But they're also supplied during the factory warranty period as well..
That is not accurate - one of the BENEFITS of the Ford ESP is a loaner car while car is in shop.
Old 1/28/15, 02:29 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
Well, ya'll need different service centers then. Mine ain't anything special and they give you a loaner without hesitation.

Same at the Chevy dealer my mom got her camaro from.
Old 1/28/15, 02:44 PM

That is not accurate - one of the BENEFITS of the Ford ESP is a loaner car while car is in shop.
Actually ! it is accurate.. As my Ford dealership provided loaners on 3 different occasions while my 2005 GT was in the shop for TSB work due to my emergency brake cable needing replaced and then again for replacing the fuel filler neck due to problems with premature gas pump shut offs and then afterwards waiting to have the brake pads replaced due to break squeal issues..

All 3 issues were covered while the car was still under the Ford factory 3 year/36,000 mile warranty long before my ESP warranty took over..
Old 1/28/15, 02:45 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
First year model cars man. never. never. never again.
Old 1/28/15, 02:47 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
With respect to the rental car. When someone pays as much money as a Mustang costs these days, especially the GT and higher trims, there is no excuse for not providing those customers with a loaner car. If Ford can't spring for a loaner car after you've just given them well over 30 grand for their car then they seriously need to rethink their customer service policies.
Old 1/28/15, 02:48 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Actually ! it is accurate.. As my Ford dealership provided loaners on 3 different occasions while my 2005 GT was in the shop for TSB work due to my emergency brake cable needing replaced and then again for replacing the fuel filler neck due to problems with premature gas pump shut offs and then afterwards waiting to have the brake pads replaced due to break squeal issues..

All 3 issues were covered while the car was still under the Ford factory 3 year/36,000 mile warranty long before my ESP warranty took over..
Did you have the Ford ESP at the time? It does matter if it has 1 mile or 50,000 miles ... if you have a Ford ESP on the VIN then FORD pays for the loaner. It does not have to be AFTER the initial warranty period.

If you do NOT have ESP .. then the dealer is paying for the loaner out of their own pocket and not all dealers will be willing to do this. I know none around me do.

http://owner.ford.com/servlet/Conten...150128214741:s
Old 1/28/15, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by 3point7
With respect to the rental car. When someone pays as much money as a Mustang costs these days, especially the GT and higher trims, there is no excuse for not providing those customers with a loaner car. If Ford can't spring for a loaner car after you've just given them well over 30 grand for their car then they seriously need to rethink their customer service policies.
All I can say is my dealership has always taken great care of both my wife and myself even after the warranty period has expired, because they do indeed believe in providing excellent customer service..
Old 1/28/15, 03:11 PM

Did you have the Ford ESP at the time? It does matter if it has 1 mile or 50,000 miles ... if you have a Ford ESP on the VIN then FORD pays for the loaner. It does not have to be AFTER the initial warranty period.

If you do NOT have ESP .. then the dealer is paying for the loaner out of their own pocket and not all dealers will be willing to do this. I know none around me do.

http://owner.ford.com/servlet/Conten...150128214741:s
Yes ! I purchased the ESP when the car was brand new, but as I said the repair work was not warranty related, the repairs were done under TSB..

I also mentioned that even long after my warranty coverage expired, my dealership still provides free rentals whenever my car is in the shop overnight or longer which however isn't that often, but never the less it's just one fine example of how my dealership provides such great customer service to all their customers and has for many years..

Last edited by m05fastbackGT; 1/28/15 at 03:17 PM.

Quick Reply: Radio Won't Turn On...