2015 - 2023 MUSTANG Discuss everything 2015-2023 S550 Mustang

QUESTIONS ABOUT THE 15 V6

Search this Thread

Old 11/8/14, 05:30 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
QUESTIONS ABOUT THE 15 V6

Well I've looked at my finances and it looks like I'll be able to afford the V6 with auto Trans and 051 pkg (fog lights, spoiler, 18in wheels, power drivers seat). I'm trying to find reviews online but haven't been able to bring any up. I'm a big fan of the Ecoboost but I saw a V6 today optioned exactly as I want except the color and the price is perfect( especially with the X plan). I thought it looked hot and even the interior which isn't as bright as the ECOBOOST or GT models. I just want to know if the V6 is a good choice.
Old 11/8/14, 09:39 PM

I don't think you can go wrong with any of the engines that the 2015 Mustang is offering, including the Ecoboost. That being said, my 2012 has the V6 and if I were to buy a 2015 Mustang today, I would get another V6 without a second thought. Just got back from a trip to Oregon in the Mustang, and got up to 34 MPG, with an average of 31-32 on freeway driving. It has all the power I need, and never one problem with the engine (or car) since it was purchased.

So it all comes down to personal preference and finances. But the V6 is a good engine.
Old 11/8/14, 10:29 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Summer67
I don't think you can go wrong with any of the engines that the 2015 Mustang is offering, including the Ecoboost. That being said, my 2012 has the V6 and if I were to buy a 2015 Mustang today, I would get another V6 without a second thought. Just got back from a trip to Oregon in the Mustang, and got up to 34 MPG, with an average of 31-32 on freeway driving. It has all the power I need, and never one problem with the engine (or car) since it was purchased. So it all comes down to personal preference and finances. But the V6 is a good engine.
That's a big help to me! I really appreciate it and yes I do think the V6 is enough for me. I'm not stoplight drag racing or driving at high speeds anymore. I want a mustang because I love them... Always have and the power and performance of the V6 especially the veritable bargain financially and it would seem to be a win. I'm also hoping that since there's no premium pkg for the v6 that aftermarket suppliers will provide exterior and interior upgrades. I intend to keep the car about 5 or 6 years so as my finances get better I'd like to save for leather interior, a rear spoiler ( I like the new Roush spoiler) , stripes and a front grill with the Tribar logo on the side instead of the running horse. Possibly a CAI and CAT back exhaust so She breathes better.. Which my give an increase in gas mileage or at least efficiency lol
Old 11/9/14, 12:10 AM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've never driven the 3.7, but a few weeks ago I just so happened to sit in one optioned up exactly like what you want in oxford white. First, the car doesn't scream base model at all. It looks really good. The interior is surprising, it's nice in there for a base model. Sure, you aren't getting a lot of features but it's really solid. Put together well and the seats are very comfortable.

The V6 is supposed to be a pretty good engine. So yes, it's a very good choice. I would try make sure to get the 051A package just to get those rims alone. They look amazing on the 15's. Good luck on picking a color! That's always the hard part.
Old 11/9/14, 07:35 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by zincmach1
I've never driven the 3.7, but a few weeks ago I just so happened to sit in one optioned up exactly like what you want in oxford white. First, the car doesn't scream base model at all. It looks really good. The interior is surprising, it's nice in there for a base model. Sure, you aren't getting a lot of features but it's really solid. Put together well and the seats are very comfortable. The V6 is supposed to be a pretty good engine. So yes, it's a very good choice. I would try make sure to get the 051A package just to get those rims alone. They look amazing on the 15's. Good luck on picking a color! That's always the hard part.
I'm pretty much settled on Magnetic Grey and the 051a is the must have for the wheels, power,seat, foglights and I'll be deleting the spoiler because I want an aftermarket one (I like the Roush spoiler)
Old 11/9/14, 07:41 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I'm still waiting on a V6 manual to arrive at a local dealer that will let me drive it before 'doing the paperwork'. My fault for saying upfront that I probably wasn't going to buy until at least springtime. DOH!

I really like the niceties of the premium package, and I'm waiting primarily to see if Ford comes to their senses and brings that back to the V6. Or if not the interior, at least the rear fascia that makes soooo much difference to the appearance of the rear end.
Old 11/9/14, 02:00 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by stam616
Well I've looked at my finances and it looks like I'll be able to afford the V6 with auto Trans and 051 pkg (fog lights, spoiler, 18in wheels, power drivers seat). I'm trying to find reviews online but haven't been able to bring any up. I'm a big fan of the Ecoboost but I saw a V6 today optioned exactly as I want except the color and the price is perfect( especially with the X plan). I thought it looked hot and even the interior which isn't as bright as the ECOBOOST or GT models. I just want to know if the V6 is a good choice.
Here is my review of my Guard V6: http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/show...28.html?t=4228

And here is a 0-60 vid I did last night.

Old 11/9/14, 04:00 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by zackmd1
Here is my review of my Guard V6: http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/show...28.html?t=4228 And here is a 0-60 vid I did last night. Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InNQ7kn3r2U
Thanks for the great review! It's funny though how the Guard color can look like Mag grey in some images..
Old 11/10/14, 12:36 AM
Bullitt Member

My girlfriend and I went to a car show I'm the convention center here in San Antonio. Has we walked up I stopped by the ford booth that was outside to see where the entrance was to get tickets. Before I could ask they asked me if I'd like to test drive a Ford and I jokingly said well if you had a Mustang I'd take you up on it. Turns out the had a V6 model in silver. I Hadn't even seen a 2015 up close yet and the main reason for going to the show was to see and hopefully sit in the 2015 they had there. So of course I told them I'd gladly wait the 20 minutes to actually drive one. Finally my time came to drive it, I was all smiles even though it was only a V6 model. The last Mustang that I drove was a 2000 GT so I'm not familiar with how Mustangs after that felt to be in. It felt great although I have to say the setting felt high for me, I'm 6'1 but maybe the seat just needed more adjusting. I didn't have much time to mess with any settings has the whole test drive was only for about 10 minutes. I have to say the whole interior felt really nice to the touch, this model had leather seats and a navigation system. I drove through downtown and sure enough the car was getting looks. I honestly liked everything about the car although I had a few cons, the rear lower fascia was painted all body color. To me the black surround on the higher models looks more premium. The visibility out the side windows does seam limited including the tiny side mirrors. Either way my bank account isn't large enough to even get into a new car anytime soon but if I could I'd be in a 2015 quick. Also there were so many very nice cars to check out at the autoshow.
Old 11/10/14, 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by rodriguez256
My girlfriend and I went to a car show I'm the convention center here in San Antonio. Has we walked up I stopped by the ford booth that was outside to see where the entrance was to get tickets. Before I could ask they asked me if I'd like to test drive a Ford and I jokingly said well if you had a Mustang I'd take you up on it. Turns out the had a V6 model in silver. I Hadn't even seen a 2015 up close yet and the main reason for going to the show was to see and hopefully sit in the 2015 they had there. So of course I told them I'd gladly wait the 20 minutes to actually drive one. Finally my time came to drive it, I was all smiles even though it was only a V6 model. The last Mustang that I drove was a 2000 GT so I'm not familiar with how Mustangs after that felt to be in. It felt great although I have to say the setting felt high for me, I'm 6'1 but maybe the seat just needed more adjusting. I didn't have much time to mess with any settings has the whole test drive was only for about 10 minutes. I have to say the whole interior felt really nice to the touch, this model had leather seats and a navigation system. I drove through downtown and sure enough the car was getting looks. I honestly liked everything about the car although I had a few cons, the rear lower fascia was painted all body color. To me the black surround on the higher models looks more premium. The visibility out the side windows does seam limited including the tiny side mirrors. Either way my bank account isn't large enough to even get into a new car anytime soon but if I could I'd be in a 2015 quick. Also there were so many very nice cars to check out at the autoshow.

If your test drive vehicle had leather and the navigation system then it was not a V6... V6's only come with cloth interior. You most likely drove the ecoboost.
Old 11/10/14, 02:20 PM
Bullitt Member

Actually you are right about the seats, I thought there were leather but just nice cloth. I really didn't get enough time to really take in anything. Ive read up on Mustangs everyday like most of you and knew numbers and everything but once I got into the car I almost forgot everything. However it didn't have a base style radio, It had a nice screen which I assumed was a navigation screen. Like I said I havent gotten in a Mustang since the 2000 GT.
Old 11/10/14, 02:22 PM
Bullitt Member

However for sure it was a V6 model. The Ford guy that rode with us was a "powertrain" employee has he put it.
Old 11/10/14, 03:18 PM

However for sure it was a V6 model. The Ford guy that rode with us was a "powertrain" employee has he put it.
Well if it was cloth and had a screen then it could have been a V6. All 2015's come with a screen. The base radio has a small 4.2 inch non-touch screen while the premiums have an 8 inch myFord touch system. I am surprised though that they had a V6 at an event like this. Ford has been trying to keep the V6 out of press events and test drives in order to avoid direct comparisons to the ecoboost.
Old 11/10/14, 03:58 PM
GT Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I love my V6 - very smooth, lots of power and great gas mileage. It is a shame they don't offer it with the premium package.
Old 11/10/14, 07:32 PM
Bullitt Member

Well if it was cloth and had a screen then it could have been a V6. All 2015's come with a screen. The base radio has a small 4.2 inch non-touch screen while the premiums have an 8 inch myFord touch system. I am surprised though that they had a V6 at an event like this. Ford has been trying to keep the V6 out of press events and test drives in order to avoid direct comparisons to the ecoboost.
The weird thing is I could've sworn the screen I saw was bigger then the 4.2 inch display. I remembering looking at it and asking if the was the base model to which he replied yes. However I remember seeing the base stereo and finding it very unattractive and yet this was wasn't. Maybe I'm not remembering correctly.
Old 11/10/14, 07:51 PM

The weird thing is I could've sworn the screen I saw was bigger then the 4.2 inch display. I remembering looking at it and asking if the was the base model to which he replied yes. However I remember seeing the base stereo and finding it very unattractive and yet this was wasn't. Maybe I'm not remembering correctly.
Well the easiest way to tell is did it have a number pad on the right? menu buttons on the left?
Old 11/11/14, 11:54 AM
Bullitt Member

Well the easiest way to tell is did it have a number pad on the right? menu buttons on the left?
I'd assume it wasn't a base model as there's so many pictures of the Ecoboost premium cockpit that it would be difficult to make an error. Unless it was a pre-production model with premium features, I mean who know at what point they decided not to offer a V6 Premium type package? Lol
Old 11/11/14, 03:10 PM
Bullitt Member

The only thing that would sense is it being a pre production car. However even that seams weird for them to use it has a test drive car for the general public. Either way it was a great surprise and even though it was only a 10 minute drive. I recently saw a guy on youtube who asked for donations to get him into an Ecoboost MUstang. He ended up getting enough for the car and even went with the premium trim, makes me want to start a youtube channel.
Old 11/16/14, 07:24 PM
Bullitt Member

Perhaps we can use this thread to show off the V6 mustangs members buy. If you have one or are getting one then post your pics here as well as any modifications you make!!
Old 11/16/14, 09:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Did they replace the drive shaft on the 2015?

Quick Reply: QUESTIONS ABOUT THE 15 V6