Repair & Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

Passenger seat latch issues?

Search this Thread

Old 1/3/17, 05:44 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Passenger seat latch issues?

Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone else has issues with the seat release for their Mustang. The seat release behind the seat gets stuck every time the seat is moved (to get in), so that it is unusable (and close to breaking if someone pulls on it too hard thinking it will work). The way to fix it is to release the lever on the side of the seat and make sure it settles in correctly, which doesn't always happen the first few times you release it. Then, when you use the rear facing seat release, the cycle starts again, every single time. This only happens on the passenger side, and I haven't been in another 2016 mustang that does it either. It makes getting out from behind pretty difficult and makes the rear seat release useless.

It's quite annoying having to explain to passengers how to get out of the car, and telling them to not use the rear facing seat release basically at all.

The two dealerships I have dealt with here in Houston, have either said it is normal or that a floor model does it too (yet I haven't seen a floor model that does). They said they think it is operational so there is nothing they can do.
I really don't think the rear seat release is operational if it requires the front lever to have to be released/readjusted every time the seat is used.

Does anyone know what I can do to fix this or get it fixed?
Old 1/4/17, 04:27 PM
GT Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I can tell you mine doesn't do that. I would keep looking for another dealer.
Old 1/5/17, 07:39 AM

I can second that. My son has been regularly getting in and out of the back seat on the passenger side since Feb 2015 without any hint of that issue. I would keep pushing with the dealer(s).
Old 3/3/17, 03:00 PM

Same

My 2016 has done the same thing since I bought it brand new. We don't use it much so haven't done anything about it.
Old 5/1/18, 12:41 PM

I bought my 2015 Convertible used a few months back. The first two months, I didn't have the problem with the latch but is has become worse to the extent that every time someone jumps into the back seat I need to use the latch by the floor - the one in the back of the seat does not work. Is there any type of fix for this, or is it just "broken"? Tried to find prints for the seat but haven't found any (or instructions to get this thing fixed).
Old 6/28/18, 08:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Same

Intermittent.. But I just bought the car and the very first time it did it and I thought the latch must be for something else it was that hard to operate.

I've not addressed it yet as I've only had the car 2 weeks. Used 2017 GTCS
Old 7/10/18, 10:41 AM

I just got a 2017 same thing on both seats. Dealer say its normal
Old 2/1/20, 09:12 AM

Anybody ever try to fix it?