2015 - 2023 MUSTANG Discuss everything 2015-2023 S550 Mustang

New Product - 2015 Mustang (All) Hood Strut Install - Steeda Autosports

Search this Thread

Old 3/4/15, 05:04 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts
New Product - 2015 Mustang (All) Hood Strut Install - Steeda Autosports

Steeda's S550 Mustang Hood Strut Kit for 2015 GT, EcoBoost, and V6 Mustang is the perfect way to dress up the engine bay of your 2015 Mustang.

Get rid or your prop rod and replace it with these powder coated brackets and gas struts for a great look and function.

Product Benefits
More room to work on your engine in the front of the engine bay

Brackets have 3 times more surface area to avoid flexing

Neoprene backing to avoid metal-to-metal contact

OE quality, tier 1 manufactured struts

Powder coated strut mount plates

Gas hood struts come with a one year warranty, and all hardware comes with a lifetime warranty

Purchase our Steeda's S550 Mustang Hood Strut Kit for 2015 GT, EcoBoost, and V6 Mustang today with Steeda Autosports.

See more at: http://www.steeda.com/steeda-s550-mu....Lp0cIImz.dpuf

Last edited by tj@steeda; 3/4/15 at 05:05 PM.
Old 3/4/15, 08:30 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 667 Likes on 541 Posts
I said this about a competitor bracket... and I have to say it about this one.

That hole saw method is non-optimal to create a place for the lower mounting bracket to poke through on the battery cover.

I myself would be doing two things further:

Using a cutting wheel to take off on a parallel tangent to the hole to the outside of that cover, on the 'top and bottom' of the hole, and removing that 'square' of material, creating a channel instead of just a hole. That would then allow the battery cover to be removed and installed *without* taking the strut off, as that method shown requires now.

I would also acquire some black pinch weld of some sort, perhaps door edge moulding, to put around that cut hole and the above channel, so it would look decent.

Heck, I might, for that nice a bracket, and an extra edge on the competitors, be adding such a moulding and instructions for cutting (with a cutting wheel or other method) the channel in, as an optional step that the user could say "eh" and pass on, so that your kit is just even more a bit above the rest in every way.

I do like the added length of the hood side and the neoprene too. Well done. Looks great, and looks to also function great!

Last edited by houtex; 3/4/15 at 08:32 PM.