2015 - 2023 MUSTANG Discuss everything 2015-2023 S550 Mustang

Gauging interest: Lithium Battery Box?

Search this Thread

Old 6/27/16, 08:09 PM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gauging interest: Lithium Battery Box?

Hello-

I would like to gauge the interest in a lightweight battery mount for the 2015-2017 Mustang. We are close to releasing our design for the previous S197 chassis, and would like to know if there would be interest in a similar design for the new generation. Combined with an Antigravity Lithium Battery, this mount drops 27lb from the front of the Mustang! I expect a similar result on the 2015+. Price for the mount would be around $90-100.

You can see a sample of the S197 mount in this thread:
https://themustangsource.com/forums/...s-27lb-541905/

If you would be interested in such a product, respond to this thread or email me directly at sales@morrisengineering.com

Our time as an official vendor is coming to an end soon, so please visit our site:
www.morrisengineering.com

and like our facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/MorrisEngineeringUSA

Thanks!
Matt
Attached Thumbnails Gauging interest: Lithium Battery Box?-2016-06-26-17.24.31.jpg   Gauging interest: Lithium Battery Box?-2016-06-26-17.38.56.jpg  
Old 9/8/16, 10:26 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I will post up some pics tomorrow but I purchased this mount from Morris and installed this mount and the anti-gravity battery and I'm extremely happy with it. The install was relatively easy and the instructions were thorough. The entire install took about a half hour.

I purchased the YTX12-24 battery to go with it and was really impressed with the power. I was worried that I'd have to babysit this thing. That's not the case at all. The battery works as good as an OEM battery. And it weighs an unbelievable 5 pounds. I couldn't believe how small and light it was.

This may seem like an expensive mod for the battery and mount but remember, this is about 25-30 lbs lost from the front of the car. So not only does it increase ET, but it helps redistribute weight in the car. Drag cars spend hundreds of dollars to relocate batteries to the trunk but with this setup it's not necessary.

So I'm really happy with this mod and highly recommend it!
Old 10/26/16, 02:08 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I would be very interested in such a mount/battery. I want to remove as much weight from the front of my 2016 GT as possible (goal is 100 lbs) and this is a nice start. I have replaced the battery in 2 of my 4 motorcycles with a lithium battery and am very pleased. As db2797 said, the size and weight of a lithium replacement battery is amazing.

I had been thinking about just replacing the battery and came across this thread.

The Li batteries for my motorcycles require a special float charger. Would your device reqiure a similar charger?