2015 - 2023 MUSTANG Discuss everything 2015-2023 S550 Mustang

Exhaust for daily driver GT

Search this Thread

Old 4/25/15, 10:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exhaust for daily driver GT

I have been looking at getting a cat-back exhaust (I don't want to make cuts for axelbacks)for my new 2015 GT daily driver. I had been planning on the Borla S cat-back, but now I'm wondering if it might be too loud for daily driving.

I'm in my 30s and recently divorced (total post-divorce purchase prompted by my kids) and the last thing I want is for it to be obnoxious.

I'm wondering if the black tip Ford Racing Touring might be the better route, but I hear that's not much louder than stock.

Anyone have experience with this and able to throw me some advice?

Thanks!
Old 4/28/15, 08:47 PM
bob
Legacy TMS Member

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
That's not obnoxious sounding to me at all but....

I might not be the best person to make that call.
Old 5/26/15, 07:43 AM
GT Member

I originally had a 3" Gibson catback installed the second day of ownership of my new '15 GT. It was REALLY LOUD...so loud that my wife "ordered" me to but anything up to $1500. I bought a Ford Racing/by Borla black tip Touring exhaust. It IS pleasantly louder, as befitting a Mustang, and we are both pleased. The sport is louder yet. I have to say the exhaust had to be replaced due to interior broken welds, or the like, and American Muscle paid shipping both ways with no problems. I would still recommend this exhaust.
Old 5/26/15, 04:53 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by adawg88
I have been looking at getting a cat-back exhaust (I don't want to make cuts for axelbacks)for my new 2015 GT daily driver. I had been planning on the Borla S cat-back, but now I'm wondering if it might be too loud for daily driving.

I'm in my 30s and recently divorced (total post-divorce purchase prompted by my kids) and the last thing I want is for it to be obnoxious.

I'm wondering if the black tip Ford Racing Touring might be the better route, but I hear that's not much louder than stock.

Anyone have experience with this and able to throw me some advice?

Thanks!

I have the Borla S Cat back w/the black tips on my GT premium pp. It's loud but not really obnoxious. As soon as you let up on the gas though or are cruising, the loud & drone goes away. I love mine. If you listen to the Borla video's or some on YouTube, they're pretty right on. I was debating the Touring but kept coming back to the S type as the one I liked, so went with it. I don't regret it now.