2015 - 2023 MUSTANG Discuss everything 2015-2023 S550 Mustang

Couple of Questions about the 15's

Old 11/23/14, 12:01 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Couple of Questions about the 15's

Hey guys. I've gone back like 26 pages and still can't find what I was looking for. So here's to hoping you guys can help me out.

Seriously thinking about ordering a Ecoboost Premium. I really want a V6 but can't get the 50th appearance package and leather with a V6 and seriously can't swing the GT, Ecoboost it is. But I still have a couple of questions about the 15.

Can you still change the back lighting of the gauges like I can in my 05 & 09? How in the heck does the select shift auto work, I've never had to drive a stick and really don't want to learn now? Also, we take our 09 on a few road trips every year. How does the trunk space and overall cargo room in the 15 compare to the 05-09, less, more, bout the same? Just wondering how much cap we will need to pair down next road trip? Also I noticed only 4 gauges, are the other 2 on there but digital or not at all? Also do you recommend the package with the blind spot and cross traffic alert?

Thanks guys. I know they're kinda crazy questions but I rather ask ya'll than have to go to go deal with a dealership just to look at one. Being a single woman and going to a car dealer is quiet the experience.

Last edited by kerafaith; 11/23/14 at 12:06 AM.
Old 11/23/14, 07:23 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by kerafaith
Hey guys. I've gone back like 26 pages and still can't find what I was looking for. So here's to hoping you guys can help me out. Seriously thinking about ordering a Ecoboost Premium. I really want a V6 but can't get the 50th appearance package and leather with a V6 and seriously can't swing the GT, Ecoboost it is. But I still have a couple of questions about the 15. Can you still change the back lighting of the gauges like I can in my 05 & 09? How in the heck does the select shift auto work, I've never had to drive a stick and really don't want to learn now? Also, we take our 09 on a few road trips every year. How does the trunk space and overall cargo room in the 15 compare to the 05-09, less, more, bout the same? Just wondering how much cap we will need to pair down next road trip? Also I noticed only 4 gauges, are the other 2 on there but digital or not at all? Also do you recommend the package with the blind spot and cross traffic alert? Thanks guys. I know they're kinda crazy questions but I rather ask ya'll than have to go to go deal with a dealership just to look at one. Being a single woman and going to a car dealer is quiet the experience.
Backlighting can be changed on the Ecoboost Premium so shouldn't be a worry. The automatic works normally but you can use paddle shifters located on the steering wheel if you'd like. It's NOT a requirement though so don't sweat that either. As to trunk space the 15 has 13.4 cu ft of space which is quite a bit. Should be able to fit quite a bit of luggage and remember the seats fold down as well to make more room. As for the blis and extra goodies, they are always worth having because anything that will help you keep your car out of the body shop is always a good thing IMO. If I could afford that stuff I would get it believe me lol. Also make are you mention the Xplan pricing when you go , which comes out to around $250 over invoice so you're not paying sticker for the car. There's many sites you can go to and find out what invoice is on a vehicle with the equipment/trim you want so you'll get an idea. Plus you'll terrify the chauvinistic salesmen that you're a "women" that know what she's talking about lol. Kick butt and get a great deal!! When you do get your Mustang, make sure you post pics! What's the color/interior combo you want?
Old 11/24/14, 01:00 PM
Cobra Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by kerafaith
Hey guys. I've gone back like 26 pages and still can't find what I was looking for. So here's to hoping you guys can help me out.

Seriously thinking about ordering a Ecoboost Premium. I really want a V6 but can't get the 50th appearance package and leather with a V6 and seriously can't swing the GT, Ecoboost it is. But I still have a couple of questions about the 15.

Can you still change the back lighting of the gauges like I can in my 05 & 09? How in the heck does the select shift auto work, I've never had to drive a stick and really don't want to learn now? Also, we take our 09 on a few road trips every year. How does the trunk space and overall cargo room in the 15 compare to the 05-09, less, more, bout the same? Just wondering how much cap we will need to pair down next road trip? Also I noticed only 4 gauges, are the other 2 on there but digital or not at all? Also do you recommend the package with the blind spot and cross traffic alert?

Thanks guys. I know they're kinda crazy questions but I rather ask ya'll than have to go to go deal with a dealership just to look at one. Being a single woman and going to a car dealer is quiet the experience.
Supposedly the shape of the trunk changed slightly so there is more usable space in the 15. I'm not sure if that's real or just salesman speak, but at the very least it doesn't look like there is any less space than the previous generation.

You can select 1 additional digital gauge to show in the screen between the tach and speedometer. If you want additional "real" gauges you have to get the performance pack. This will give you boost and oil temp or oil pressure. Not exactly sure on the second gauge.

I have the BLIS and cross traffic in my Explorer. I really like the Blis system. It works very well especially at night when the car is situated just so and you can't see their headlights in your mirror, this system can still sees them and alerts you to them. Hopefully they have worked on the cross traffic system. In the Explorer it gives so many false alarms that it's laughable. It has warned me that a fence, a brick wall and a tree are approaching. (And I know the difference between the cross traffic alert and the backup sensors).
Old 11/24/14, 02:16 PM
Supporting Vendor

Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
The 2015 appears to have more space than previous generations. The trunk's shape is definitely more user friendly than the 2005-2014

I strongly recommend the EcoBoost over the V6. It actually pulls pretty hard, and is a much better platform than the dated 3.7L V6 IMO

Nick C.
Old 11/25/14, 08:16 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Diode Dynamics
The 2015 appears to have more space than previous generations. The trunk's shape is definitely more user friendly than the 2005-2014

I strongly recommend the EcoBoost over the V6. It actually pulls pretty hard, and is a much better platform than the dated 3.7L V6 IMO

Nick C.
I wouldn't exactly call the 3.7 "dated". I do think it could benefit from a little bit more development. Not sure what this rush to throw the baby out with the bathwater is all about by Ford re: the 3.7.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Cyclone_engine