2015 - 2023 MUSTANG Discuss everything 2015-2023 S550 Mustang

Anyone else get stood up for their test drive?

Search this Thread

Old 9/28/14, 07:19 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Anyone else get stood up for their test drive?

A couple months back, I scheduled a test drive for yesterday at 2PM.
Ford Customer Service called me a couple weeks back to confirm and to ask which model I was interested in...so it looked like it was really going to happen.

I dropped by the dealership around 1:30, sent the 2011 in for an oil change (it had been 2,200 miles since the last one ) and as soon as I got into the show room, Kevin (the guy who sold my last one to me) immediately threw his arms up and said: "sorry, it's not here."

Thanks for letting me know, guys! Oh well...driving impressions will have to wait. They said it would be weeks before their cars showed up.

They "graciously" invited me to their big Patriots game cookout under the tent tomorrow ( pass...) where they will have one of the 1,965 copies of the Anniversary edition (this one is Wimbledon White) for us to gawk at...but not drive, of course.
Old 9/28/14, 08:45 AM
FR500 Member

Received 118 Likes on 101 Posts
I sure hope that this isn't indicitive of things to come for you soon-to-be 2015 owners.

I have no skin in the game and admittedly I haven't been following every word about the S550, but I'm getting a vibe that the rollout isn't going as seamlessly as anticipated.

Here we are just a few days short of the 4th quarter of 2014 and the only Mustangs available are the ones at shows and events.

I truly feel bad for all of you who are waiting.
Old 9/28/14, 09:43 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by TripleBlack14
I sure hope that this isn't indicitive of things to come for you soon-to-be 2015 owners. I have no skin in the game and admittedly I haven't been following every word about the S550, but I'm getting a vibe that the rollout isn't going as seamlessly as anticipated. Here we are just a few days short of the 4th quarter of 2014 and the only Mustangs available are the ones at shows and events. I truly feel bad for all of you who are waiting.
This is how every new Mustang launch has gone. I'm not sure why people expect anything different. There will be quality holds, for weeks, maybe months. There will be stop sales, after a few thousand are sold and they want to check on the lines to make sure everything is going smoothly. The Mustang is Ford's fun project, but they REALLY need to get the F-150 right. I bet more resources are going to that team right now...
Old 9/28/14, 09:59 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Since "OK to buy" was just achieved in the last few days, it's not surprising that happened. I had one scheduled for Saturday but didn't expect that to happen because the cars are just now starting to get transported. It indeed might be a few more weeks.

This is considered one of Ford's top 2 new vehicle launches, the other being the 2015 F-150, which is still a few months from ramping up fully.

In the meantime, I just look at pictures a lot
Old 9/28/14, 12:07 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by MRGTX
A couple months back, I scheduled a test drive for yesterday at 2PM.
Ford Customer Service called me a couple weeks back to confirm and to ask which model I was interested in...so it looked like it was really going to happen.

I dropped by the dealership around 1:30, sent the 2011 in for an oil change (it had been 2,200 miles since the last one ) and as soon as I got into the show room, Kevin (the guy who sold my last one to me) immediately threw his arms up and said: "sorry, it's not here."

Thanks for letting me know, guys! Oh well...driving impressions will have to wait. They said it would be weeks before their cars showed up.

They "graciously" invited me to their big Patriots game cookout under the tent tomorrow ( pass...) where they will have one of the 1,965 copies of the Anniversary edition (this one is Wimbledon White) for us to gawk at...but not drive, of course.
What dealer you go to? I go to Crowley Ford in Plainville, thats where I got my car from. They will have the Anniversary car, and are selling it for 66K. I went there month back, and said to my sales guy, "lol good luck with that price" At this point this is Hellcat money right there, someone will must be a tryhard collector to pay that kind of money for badges with a number, with few details here and there plus wheels.
Old 9/28/14, 09:55 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I was stood up as well, but never received a call to tell me.
If I hadn't called last Monday, to confirm for myself, I would have been stood up.
As it happens, due to MY FOLLOW-UP, I didn't make a wasted trip...
Ford needs to be thankful this particular dealership has a really good guy handling my order!
Otherwise, I might have been down the road...nah, cant say that, I am looking forward to an awesome car, albeit a little longer than originally thought.
Old 9/28/14, 09:56 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Tony Alonso
Since "OK to buy" was just achieved in the last few days, it's not surprising that happened. I had one scheduled for Saturday but didn't expect that to happen because the cars are just now starting to get transported. It indeed might be a few more weeks.

This is considered one of Ford's top 2 new vehicle launches, the other being the 2015 F-150, which is still a few months from ramping up fully.

In the meantime, I just look at pictures a lot

Yea, Tony, me too!
Old 9/29/14, 07:43 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by =HYPERDRIVE=
What dealer you go to? I go to Crowley Ford in Plainville, thats where I got my car from. They will have the Anniversary car, and are selling it for 66K. I went there month back, and said to my sales guy, "lol good luck with that price" At this point this is Hellcat money right there, someone will must be a tryhard collector to pay that kind of money for badges with a number, with few details here and there plus wheels.
I have been working with Sarat in Agawam, MA...typically they're pretty good.
I will check out Crowley though. They're not much farther away for me.

One weird thing is that while they're a super high volume dealer, they have apparently never stocked nor sold a Fiesta ST...but after I asked about it, the owner said that it was about time for them to order one.
Old 9/29/14, 07:43 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Garbone
Yea, Tony, me too!
Got one ordered??
Old 9/29/14, 09:55 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I got stood up too, but I got some neat swag because of it
Old 9/29/14, 12:11 PM
Bullitt Member

Yep.
Gaurd GT PP and everything else...looking forward to it!
Old 9/29/14, 02:13 PM
Banned

Received 254 Likes on 230 Posts
Originally Posted by Garbone
Otherwise, I might have been down the road...nah, cant say that, I am looking forward to an awesome car, albeit a little longer than originally thought.
Arm yourself in patience, and LOTS of it.

When I factory ordered my 2014 I was told 4-6 weeks. It took 9 weeks to actually get the car. Was it worth the wait? Yes, absolutely. Plus I got a $1000 knocked off the price for my trouble.

I'm not sure why Ford ordering process is so convoluted. A coworker or mine factory ordered a 3-Series BMW. It was here is 6 weeks (including the week at sea), and he was getting weekly updates from BMW on progress. Now that's what I would expect.
Old 9/29/14, 02:35 PM

Yea me too. I am friends with the owner of the ford dealer near me. It told him about the test drive on Oct 4 th and they had heard nothing about it. I had called Ford to get a brochure and told the guy I had special ordered one already and he said he would setup a test drive. I said sure.
Old 9/29/14, 11:00 PM
Bullitt Member

So far my test drive is still a go on Oct 4... But I will call the day before to make sure.
Old 9/30/14, 06:26 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Ford Customer Service called me yesterday and left a long message about how they learned "late in the day" that the cars wouldn't be available for the scheduled test drives on Saturday...which is a laughable claim since these things don't materialize out of thin air on a Saturday morning... but oh well, at least they called to apologize.

I'm not going to reschedule...if I do order one, I don't want it before the end of winter anyway...so I'm suddenly in no rush.
Old 9/30/14, 08:27 AM
Bullitt Member

Ford Customer Service called me yesterday and left a long message about how they learned "late in the day" that the cars wouldn't be available for the scheduled test drives on Saturday...which is a laughable claim since these things don't materialize out of thin air on a Saturday morning... but oh well, at least they called to apologize.

I'm not going to reschedule...if I do order one, I don't want it before the end of winter anyway...so I'm suddenly in no rush.
I hear ya...Mine is on order, but it will be a garage queen for a few months before it becomes my daily.
During the winter months, I will continue to use my '03 for everything...except for maybe the occasional dry day...
Old 9/30/14, 11:11 AM
Mach 1 Member

Ford Customer Service called me yesterday and left a long message about how they learned "late in the day" that the cars wouldn't be available for the scheduled test drives on Saturday...which is a laughable claim since these things don't materialize out of thin air on a Saturday morning... but oh well, at least they called to apologize. I'm not going to reschedule...if I do order one, I don't want it before the end of winter anyway...so I'm suddenly in no rush.
I feel like these "test drives" weren't special marketing events. Ford literally thought cars would be on lots and wanted to preemptively get some drives scheduled with dealer stock not special test drive cars. Hence the big mess with them not being available. If they were special marketing cars they would have been set aside a while ago. I am guessing these drives were not going to be any different than walking in the showroom that day.
Old 10/1/14, 08:48 AM

I was suppose to go today. Yesterday a message was left for me from the marketing dept. that I would have to reschedule later this month.
Old 10/1/14, 09:08 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
I was at a big Ford and Roush dealership last weekend that told me they're not expecting any 15s to arrive for about another four weeks or closer to 11/1.
Old 10/1/14, 02:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by tom281
I was at a big Ford and Roush dealership last weekend that told me they're not expecting any 15s to arrive for about another four weeks or closer to 11/1.
That's odd that they would be so far behind because deliveries to dealers and customers have begun this week

Quick Reply: Anyone else get stood up for their test drive?