2015 - 2023 MUSTANG Discuss everything 2015-2023 S550 Mustang

2018 Mustang GT Running Footage

Search this Thread

Old 1/18/17, 08:16 PM
Cobra Member

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
Well the big fogs technically went away in 2015. Sure in the 15-17 you could get the little ones in the corners of the bumper, but you could get those on the V6 or Eco as well.

I read somewhere that the 18 will also have optional fogs. But I'd assume it'll be like it is currently, optional on all models as opposed to the GT only.

So the lack of them makes the GT look less aggressive and makes all the engine models looks the same (unless very close). Especially at night. As opposed to seeing a 06-14 style with no fogs, you know it's a V6.

Last edited by typesredline; 1/18/17 at 08:18 PM.
Old 1/19/17, 05:43 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by typesredline
Well the big fogs technically went away in 2015. Sure in the 15-17 you could get the little ones in the corners of the bumper, but you could get those on the V6 or Eco as well.

I read somewhere that the 18 will also have optional fogs. But I'd assume it'll be like it is currently, optional on all models as opposed to the GT only.

So the lack of them makes the GT look less aggressive and makes all the engine models looks the same (unless very close). Especially at night. As opposed to seeing a 06-14 style with no fogs, you know it's a V6.
Yes, of course the s550 lost the big grille fogs already. The 2018 fogs are located on the same lamp housing as the turn signals now. They're inboard of the turn signals, small LED projectors, hardly noticeable. I think Ford is prepping us for the eventual axing of the V8, by making the ecoboost and GT look exactly the same now. It's one car, your choice of engine. At least in the reveal, every single car has the same grilles, same hoods, same fascia.
Old 1/19/17, 08:53 AM
GTR Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
But, then again, fogs aside, the V6 and GT shared front fascias from the '13MY. I must admit, liked it when the V6 and GT had their own fascias in the '10-'12MY.....and I actually preferred the V6 look!

It looks like both Ecoboost and GT even share the same hood now ('68/Termi inspired vents). And, unless all we've seen are Premium trims, the rear valance is the same across the board now, too.

Not that I don't like the new fascia, I really do, but it'd be nice if any SEs have something unique. Heck, even the California Specials used to have unique front bumpers/rear diffusers.

Old 1/19/17, 09:56 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by laserred38
Yes, of course the s550 lost the big grille fogs already. The 2018 fogs are located on the same lamp housing as the turn signals now. They're inboard of the turn signals, small LED projectors, hardly noticeable. I think Ford is prepping us for the eventual axing of the V8, by making the ecoboost and GT look exactly the same now. It's one car, your choice of engine. At least in the reveal, every single car has the same grilles, same hoods, same fascia.
Originally Posted by Twin Turbo
But, then again, fogs aside, the V6 and GT shared front fascias from the '13MY. I must admit, liked it when the V6 and GT had their own fascias in the '10-'12MY.....and I actually preferred the V6 look!

It looks like both Ecoboost and GT even share the same hood now ('68/Termi inspired vents). And, unless all we've seen are Premium trims, the rear valance is the same across the board now, too.

Not that I don't like the new fascia, I really do, but it'd be nice if any SEs have something unique. Heck, even the California Specials used to have unique front bumpers/rear diffusers.

Wow Laser I think you're right. I didn't even notice that even both engine models of the 18 appear to have the same grill and hood vents and quad exhaust tips now. Also all engines have the optional exhaust and magna ride. The tranny gets more stuff on the GT I think due to more power. The rear and 5.0 badges are unique of course. But it does seem like they have been slowly blending them into one car. Like TT said even at 2013 they brought them closer together. Granted the new edge style only had the hood scoop difference. The fascias were the same. And the V6 had the single tip exhaust vs the dual.

So no more unique visual ques for the GT. That makes me want to keep my 13 even more now. Might have to do like you Laser and just get an 18 in addition to 😝

Last edited by typesredline; 1/19/17 at 10:00 AM.
Old 1/19/17, 01:29 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Haha yeah. First things first, we need to trade my wife's Focus in for a Flex. Then next year after my Mustang is paid off, I'm getting a nice big crew cab 4x4 truck. I haven't decided if I want a new F-150, 5.0 of course, or maybe a lightly used 16-17, or an older early 2000s Super Duty with the 7.3, or a new Ranger crew cab. I'll weigh all those options when the time comes!
Old 1/19/17, 08:07 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 114 Likes on 88 Posts
Originally Posted by typesredline
Wow Laser I think you're right. I didn't even notice that even both engine models of the 18 appear to have the same grill and hood vents and quad exhaust tips now. Also all engines have the optional exhaust and magna ride. The tranny gets more stuff on the GT I think due to more power. The rear and 5.0 badges are unique of course. But it does seem like they have been slowly blending them into one car. Like TT said even at 2013 they brought them closer together. Granted the new edge style only had the hood scoop difference. The fascias were the same. And the V6 had the single tip exhaust vs the dual.

So no more unique visual ques for the GT. That makes me want to keep my 13 even more now. Might have to do like you Laser and just get an 18 in addition to 😝

Everything I've been reading says the Eco Boost is only supposed to have dual exhaust tips, big difference I know
Old 1/20/17, 09:04 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Cavero
Everything I've been reading says the Eco Boost is only supposed to have dual exhaust tips, big difference I know
I'll take it! Lol
Old 1/21/17, 06:22 AM
Cobra Member

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Saw some shots of a silver convertible. I liked the look.

My only reservation is the front end, and to be honest, I haven't immediately liked the front end of a mustang since before 2005.

This one's front end seems to be growing on me quicker than others have.
Old 1/21/17, 10:40 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by lowblustang00
Saw some shots of a silver convertible. I liked the look.

My only reservation is the front end, and to be honest, I haven't immediately liked the front end of a mustang since before 2005.

This one's front end seems to be growing on me quicker than others have.
Agreed. I think the 15-17 softened the blow for accepting ugly front ends lol. I hated the S550 for at least a year, until I started seeing them all modded. But this new one, I hated for exactly one day. Once the beauty shots were shown, it grew on me very quickly and that silver convertible really made me okay with it. I think if they never bring back the Glass Roof, at the end of the S550 lifeline, I'll pick up a fully loaded GT convertible with the auto and it'll be our road trip Grand Tourer. I'll keep my 2014 as the show/race car with classic Mustang styling.
Old 1/21/17, 10:59 AM
Cobra Member

So I was able to confirm via Fords website on the 18 that the GT has the quad tips and the eco doesn't. But all models (eco, eco premium, GT, GT premium) have the hood vents.

I was also one that at first hated it but it grew on me much faster than the 2015 did. Like in a matter of minutes. I liked the photoshopped pic I believe Laser posted with the larger black inlets on the corner of the front bumper.

But after seeing a straight on shot, the existing openings are actually quite large. They only look like little slits from an angle. I also like that the main headlight is moved inward. The 15-17 looked fish eyed from the front with both appearing to look out to each side.

The hood lines are also now more coherent and connect with the grill "fangs".

Last edited by typesredline; 1/21/17 at 11:01 AM.