2015 - 2023 MUSTANG Discuss everything 2015-2023 S550 Mustang

2015 Photoshop/Rendering Thread

Old 12/5/13, 09:09 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by seaclam
The hood/nose section I'm gonna call the Beluga whale. Good God, this car is need of direction and for it's 50th, how embarrassing for Ford. So many absolutely awesome, bad-a** renderings on this site of what the car could look like, even the red convertible one of this 50th model, and Ford gives us this POS design. They must have designers who got their training from JC Penny, cause what I have seen on this site for over the past year simply, I mean SIMPLY blows Ford's pathetic attempt of a design for the grand 50th anniversary!
Yes, but almost all of those renderings were based on no functionality or buildability. Some were based off from six figure exotics.
Old 12/5/13, 09:09 PM
GT Member

Yea, I remember when the 2005/2006's came out and there a picture going around of this blue Mustang with the huge scoop and so many "bad taste" attachments on the car that everybody laughed. Then you see Ford put basically that same lame open scoop in the nose, geez!
Old 12/5/13, 09:17 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by GreenCars
Reminds me on a New Edge..
Originally Posted by RedCandy5.0
Posted on Facebook says looks good on a Volvo but the are killing the mustang.
Originally Posted by FordBlueHeart
Yes, but almost all of those renderings were based on no functionality or buildability. Some were based off from six figure exotics.
That's the problem, these cars have been, for years, spiffed up by going to third party vendors who sell body modifications. It can be done, Ford designers are waaaaay too conservative. Also, the European/Focus tie-in direction is so against the Mustang from simply a attitude direction. Also, the rear-end looks so unfinished. It looks so diminutive to the rest of the car. Some manufacturer is going to have to come up with a serious rear spoiler to fix that tangled mess and bring back some bad-a** looks, let alone the rest of the car.
Old 12/5/13, 09:19 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Looking back, at least to the 79-93's, Ford has a long history of coordination in the headlights, grilles, bumpers, etc. Looking at the released pics, it seems logical that this front/nose is what we'd see. I'm really warming up to it myself. I can't wait to see it in person. I absolutely love the interior, dash and all. You take the front bumper away and the lower valance of the rear bumper, and you can easily see the historic queues of the Mustang.
Old 12/5/13, 11:01 PM
FR500 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Honestly i like how they harken back to the original with the 3 ledʻs in the headlamps. And im sure different trim models will have different front bumpers like the CS and of course the Shelby has at least a solid platform to build on.
Old 12/6/13, 07:39 AM
Cobra Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
The more pictures I see the more I like it. I know there's no way to please everyone, but for me I think they did a great job.
Old 12/6/13, 08:09 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by AWmustang
The more pictures I see the more I like it. I know there's no way to please everyone, but for me I think they did a great job.
Watch the various videos they have out. I
Even better than the pics.
Old 12/6/13, 12:40 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by AWmustang
Couldnt agree more. Cars are like all opinions, you simply cant please everyone. For me, this car is stunning. I really like everything about it. I cant wait to see the aftermarket pieces that will be made for this car. Whether its aero, aesthetics, or performance, it will continue to be modded by its owners, to make it even mor objectional to some, but beautiful to others.
Simply tell me when I can order it, and how much. I will write a check on the spot.
Old 12/6/13, 01:04 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by seaclam
The hood/nose section I'm gonna call the Beluga whale. Good God, this car is need of direction and for it's 50th, how embarrassing for Ford. So many absolutely awesome, bad-a** renderings on this site of what the car could look like, even the red convertible one of this 50th model, and Ford gives us this POS design. They must have designers who got their training from JC Penny, cause what I have seen on this site for over the past year simply, I mean SIMPLY blows Ford's pathetic attempt of a design for the grand 50th anniversary!
The neat thing is that everyone has an opinion. overwhelmingly people have liked this car in polls. I don't think ford is going to be particularly embarassed.

I personally am thrilled with the results. Will I mod mine??? Yes I will. Changing a grill, lights, hood and etc to personalize is something I have done with most of my mustangs. This one, more than most looks pretty awesome (to me). BRAV---wait for it, wait for it----OH!

Last edited by eric n; 12/6/13 at 01:17 PM.
Old 12/6/13, 01:10 PM
DRB
Bullitt Member

There's no good reason to think that Ford will or should be embarrassed by this car. So far it appears that they've every reason to be proud.
Old 12/6/13, 01:27 PM
GT Member

It's not that I hate the design so much in that Ford has a history of creating bland designs and it's up to third party manufactures to fix it. It's like Ford creates a design for some middle aged, married guy who's wife has him neutured and on a short chain. Somebody else always has to step in and fix the car's bland, conservative design to give it some hot sex appeal and some frick'n *****. That's what I take serious issue with. The nameplate demands and screams "bad-a**". Ford has done a great job with the power plants over the years, but they need to cease and assist on these lackluster designs that frequently require third party intervention to give the car design what it needs........some ballsy-ness and attitude to match the powerplant.

Last edited by seaclam; 12/6/13 at 01:42 PM.
Old 12/6/13, 04:45 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
[QUOTE=seaclam;6725150]It's not that I hate the design so much in that Ford has a history of creating bland designs and it's up to third party manufactures to fix it. It's like Ford creates a design for some middle aged, married guy who's wife has him neutured and on a short chain. Somebody else always has to step in and fix the car's bland, conservative design to give it some hot sex appeal and some frick'n *****. That's what I take serious issue with. The nameplate demands and screams "bad-a**". Ford has done a great job with the power plants over the years, but they need to cease and assist on these lackluster designs that frequently require third party intervention to give the car design what it needs........some ballsy-ness and attitude to match the powerplant.[QUOTE]

Its not, for me, that a third party needs to step in to make the car nicer. Its all about personalization...make it yours, man!!!
Would I like to see Ford allow, by design, more rubber out back...heck yea! My '03 has 315's on the back, and the newer Mustangs can only handle 285's...??? something like that.
I will never buy a factory made hot rod.(Camaro). The most fun I have in life...ok, the second most fun I have in life is hot-rodding my own cars, to BE MY OWN! No one else has to like it, but me.
Personally, I am sorry you dont like it. Will your opinion change mine...sorry, no. Not that you are trying to, not saying that.

Again, tell me when I can order, and I will write a check!

By the way, I am that middle aged married guy on a short leash...sometimes I just gotta tug harder...
Old 12/7/13, 09:13 AM
GTR Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Lackluster?

For me, this is the first time a stock Mustang really doesn't need much personalisation. Would I mod mine? Probably, but subtly.

In my opinion, S550 makes S197 look rather chubby and...........old. Don't get me wrong, I still love the S197 and always will, but S550 is chiseled and striking.

Old 12/7/13, 10:38 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The thing that bothers me most is how far the rear bumper extends past the trunk lid. The 10+ got this wrong compared to the 05, and now it's gotten worse. If the bumper was shortened, and the lights/decklid was more vertical I think it would look much better and be more inspired by the heritage they were going after.
Old 12/7/13, 06:07 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 107 Likes on 95 Posts
Wheel Selection. Staggered. This thing looks like it was made for fat rubber.
Old 12/7/13, 10:37 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts
I was bored, so I made a 2015 Eleanor...
Old 12/8/13, 06:04 AM
GT Member

Waiting for my 16 Bullitt
Old 12/8/13, 06:06 AM
GTR Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Yeah, I could buy that

Originally Posted by T5owner
Old 12/8/13, 09:22 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by T5owner
No. No more Bullitts. It clearly doesn't work on this body. Ford should've sent off the S197 with a 2014 Bullitt with Boss components, but too late now.
Old 12/8/13, 10:06 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by laserred38
No. No more Bullitts. It clearly doesn't work on this body. Ford should've sent off the S197 with a 2014 Bullitt with Boss components, but too late now.
Patrick is right. Even I agree and the Bullitt is one of my all time favorites between the Boss and Cobra but the Bullitt can now be put to rest. The 14 should have been a last goodbye.

I know what you are thinking, the sn95 pulled it off. Well it kind of did. It was ok but not great. The S197 did it so much more justice and the last rendition could have been in the ranks.

Now Ford just bring back a dark green for the mustang. This is getting old.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2015 Photoshop/Rendering Thread