2015 - 2023 MUSTANG Discuss everything 2015-2023 S550 Mustang

2015 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread

Search this Thread

Old 2/28/15, 06:08 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by t-fatty
I started a thread about this 5 months ago and a bunch of you started throwing mud and then BOOMER locked the thread.

Ouch. . . I wasn't even a member then. Besides, the thread got locked because no source was provided. This has nothing to do with that anyway. It's an isolated issue with a specific run of units that some of us happen to be part of. (Check the post of 15VertGT. He ordered a GT Convertible 3 days after I ordered a GT Convertible, and already has his car. It's not everyone.) Some people are really steamed, but we're waiting it out. It's not all bad. I'm getting to purchase some other things early and still come out with more of a down payment than originally planned.

I reallocated part of my down payment and went to a gun show today. Came home with an awesome book on bayonets, and a Kimber Stainless Raptor II. It's cleaned, polished, and sitting next to my other two Kimbers waiting on some range time tomorrow. Life is good.

Last edited by LinckG; 2/28/15 at 06:18 PM.
Old 2/28/15, 06:13 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 15VertGT
Ordered my 2015 GT Convertible the Saturday after New Years. I was told it would take 6-8 weeks and they were pretty close. Got a call from the dealer last Monday, 2/23 that the car was in. Needless to say, it was in my garage that evening and I LOVE it!!

You're obligated to post pics, so we can be impressed and dream of our own deliveries.
Old 3/2/15, 07:33 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Waiting
Will You PM me when my car is in transit ?
I sure will, Waiting.

Originally Posted by KStev
Glad to hear you have a countdown going, just wish I had one for mine! I ordered 2/7 and have nothing more than a VIN number at this time.
The rest should come this week, KStev. Be sure to PM me for an update later on in the week.

Originally Posted by jonser
I ordered on 2/10 and still do not even have a VIN yet.
You should check back with me on Friday, jonser.

Originally Posted by 15VertGT
Ordered my 2015 GT Convertible the Saturday after New Years. I was told it would take 6-8 weeks and they were pretty close. Got a call from the dealer last Monday, 2/23 that the car was in. Needless to say, it was in my garage that evening and I LOVE it!!
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new ride, 15VertGT! Don't forget to post pictures.

Deysha
Old 3/2/15, 04:20 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The auto show did it - a new 2015 GT Coupe

Hi, All. New to the forum. Friday I put my money down to order a ruby red 2015 GT premium coupe, 6M, 401A, 50th anniversary pkg. Looks beautiful on the Ford website! Had to go with the 50th 'cause I don't like the black, 2 sizes wheels on the PP. That pained me, tho...; all that excellent stuff in the PP.

The dealer said he put it into the system today, but does not have an order number yet, that it takes a couple days to get one. Is that right?

It is going to be a long time, I know that. I did wait for 14 weeks for my 2011, worth the wait for sure, tho. What is it taking, for the people who've got theirs?

Doug
Old 3/2/15, 06:55 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Salguod
Hi, All. New to the forum. Friday I put my money down to order a ruby red 2015 GT premium coupe, 6M, 401A, 50th anniversary pkg. Looks beautiful on the Ford website! Had to go with the 50th 'cause I don't like the black, 2 sizes wheels on the PP. That pained me, tho...; all that excellent stuff in the PP.

The dealer said he put it into the system today, but does not have an order number yet, that it takes a couple days to get one. Is that right?

It is going to be a long time, I know that. I did wait for 14 weeks for my 2011, worth the wait for sure, tho. What is it taking, for the people who've got theirs?

Doug
Hi Doug and welcome. When I ordered mine, I walked out of the dealership with a slip containing my order number and dealer code, or DORA as I believe it is called. Honestly though, I do not know how the system works though. The Ford Rep on the site, Deysha, is very helpful in these situations, so if you do not have the information in a few days, I am sure she will be able to assist you.

Congrats on the order though and have fun with the wait. In the end, it will be worth it though.
Old 3/3/15, 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by Salguod

Welcome and congrats on your order, Salguod! Thanks for the PM as well! I’ll get back to you as soon as possible.

Originally Posted by KStev
Hi Doug and welcome. When I ordered mine, I walked out of the dealership with a slip containing my order number and dealer code, or DORA as I believe it is called. Honestly though, I do not know how the system works though. The Ford Rep on the site, Deysha, is very helpful in these situations, so if you do not have the information in a few days, I am sure she will be able to assist you.

Congrats on the order though and have fun with the wait. In the end, it will be worth it though.
Thank you for the mention, KStev!

Deysha
Old 3/3/15, 07:54 AM

Exclamation COTUS has gone bananas

Ever since last night I get a garbled page when I try to check at cotusb.ford.com

Even worse, it lets me enter my VIN and still says "Awaiting Shipment" with no Estimated Delivery Date!
Old 3/3/15, 08:14 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by k8conant

Ever since last night I get a garbled page when I try to check at cotusb.ford.com

Even worse, it lets me enter my VIN and still says "Awaiting Shipment" with no Estimated Delivery Date!
Yeah, the page is messed up for sure. Guess it's got a touch of the flu.
Old 3/3/15, 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by Spiker52
Yeah, the page is messed up for sure. Guess it's got a touch of the flu.
Woot woot! At least I’m still here if you guys need me. Lol!

Deysha
Old 3/3/15, 09:08 AM
V6 Member

Thanks for the welcome, KSev. I am appropriately psyched, so waiting will not be easy!
Old 3/3/15, 01:11 PM

Is there any other way to find out the train car number except by calling the dealership? , my guy doesn't seem to be too useful..
Old 3/3/15, 06:19 PM

I'm wondering whom to call about that lousy web page.
Old 3/4/15, 03:41 AM
V6 Member

Mine just went from order processing to in production with a window sticker assigned. And 26 days to delivery. Gettin' there! The website is still FUBAR though.
Old 3/4/15, 05:30 AM

I'm wondering whom to call about that lousy web page.
I sent a message through the owner site. I suppose they want to distract us from the fact that it's been three weeks since they built the car and still no sign of shipment!
Old 3/4/15, 09:30 AM

My 2015 Mustang GT Premium order

hello, all. i'm new to the forum. the wife and i put in a order on 1/14/2015 for a Magnetic 2015 Mustang GT Premium fastback, 6-Speed Manual, Equipment Group 401A, 50 Years Appearance Package, Enhanced Security Package, GT Performance Package, Reverse Sensing System, Adaptive Cruise Control with Collision Mitigation and Rain-Sensing Wipers, Voice-Activated Navigation System. we live in new york but we ordered it out-of-state from a dealership near a vacation home in Massachusetts (friendly sales staff). we were told it would take any where from 6 to 8 weeks. today is week 7 and it is still in "order processing." when I checked yesterday, 3/3/2015, it received a VIN #. we are anxiously awaiting our mustang but i think we might be in for 6 to 8 more weeks. on the plus side all the snow should be gone by then.
Old 3/4/15, 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by h0rN3t
Is there any other way to find out the train car number except by calling the dealership? , my guy doesn't seem to be too useful..
No, but I can still track it for you, h0rN3t.

I sent a message through the owner site. I suppose they want to distract us from the fact that it's been three weeks since they built the car and still no sign of shipment!
It was just released yesterday, k8conant. Plus, this site does not have the most up-to-date info because it’s not fully developed yet. This is why I don’t recommend depending on it.

Originally Posted by Sylermack
hello, all. i'm new to the forum. the wife and i put in a order on 1/14/2015 for a Magnetic 2015 Mustang GT Premium fastback, 6-Speed Manual, Equipment Group 401A, 50 Years Appearance Package, Enhanced Security Package, GT Performance Package, Reverse Sensing System, Adaptive Cruise Control with Collision Mitigation and Rain-Sensing Wipers, Voice-Activated Navigation System. ...
Welcome and congrats, Sylermack! PM me with your dealer’s name and order number so I can track it.

Deysha

Last edited by FordService; 3/4/15 at 10:56 AM.
Old 3/4/15, 09:45 AM
V6 Member

Just saw my Dealership unload 2 Mustang GT's, but mine was not one of them !!! So Very Sad, Not Sure how much longer I can hang on waiting for this car 4 months and 2 weeks is a long time.!!!!!

Last edited by Waiting; 3/4/15 at 09:47 AM.
Old 3/4/15, 10:43 AM

Many thanks Deysha !
Old 3/4/15, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by h0rN3t
Many thanks Deysha !
You’re very welcome, h0rN3t!

Deysha
Old 3/4/15, 12:43 PM
GT Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
According to my window sticker, today is my Mustang's date of birth. How many days after the window sticker build date have others seen their car move to waiting for transport?

Quick Reply: 2015 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread