2015 - 2023 MUSTANG Discuss everything 2015-2023 S550 Mustang

2015 Mustang pricing questions?

Old 3/7/13, 09:07 PM
FR500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 05fordgt
Hey Chris, see my above post. I sold 2 GTs in 2011 and 2012. The 1st was Retail Order Verification and didn't cost me any allocation. The 2nd one was the next year and I used a regular allocation. None of the reps made a big deal about it. Probably since they were sold overseas vs over the border. If you want a car, just hit me up when the time is good for you. I'm not far from the NY or Baltimore docks and I'm sure we can get something done.
Well with the Pound dropping like a stone relative to the USD, it might be a while yet before I would be looking to buy stateside.
Old 3/8/13, 11:33 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by PTRocks
Well with the Pound dropping like a stone relative to the USD, it might be a while yet before I would be looking to buy stateside.
But then again, you should be back here by then. Our dollar should still be at par with the USD. So we're good to go for a while.
Old 3/8/13, 04:44 PM
BOSS Member

Originally Posted by Free Agent
A couple of 2015 pricing questions that I'd like to know your opinions on.

1. Should we expect pricing similar to 2014 prices? Or is there going to be a bump with the new platform. If so, how much do you think?

2. If the 2015 goes on sale in April of 2014, should we expect rampant dealer markups on those first ones to hit the lots? (I'm in a discussion with another person on another forum over this one)

3. Could one expect to buy a 2015 Mustang GT at MSRP right from the start in April of 2014?

4. If there are dealer markups on the first ones, would it be reasonable to expect to get a GT at MSRP or less 3 months after the release, say July of '14?

Thanks all. Let me know what you think and I'd love to know what happened when the 2010's came out and even the 2005's as that would be a closer comparison I think.
To figure out the price difference for the '15 there is a simple formula used within Ford. Take the average retail price (no discounts) of all Mustangs sold the previous 5 years for given country. Subtract invoice amount from any unsold units still on dealer lots as of Sept 5 of the previous calendar year from that number. Multiply that number by the projected sales of the upcoming model year before Dec 31 of the first on sale date if greater than 6 months. If less than 6 months has passed from when the first 23,500 units are built (not necessarily sold) than subtract .00987%. Total price increase should not exceed $1805 (US) or 3.87%, whichever is greater than the sum of all numbers given.

To find out your monthly payment on the '15 just add $52 to your current payment.

Pretty straightforward to me.
Old 3/8/13, 06:43 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Now that was a scientific explanation of the correct way to price and buy a car..... GG
Old 3/9/13, 08:50 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by LagunaBeach
To figure out the price difference for the '15 there is a simple formula used within Ford. Take the average retail price (no discounts) of all Mustangs sold the previous 5 years for given country. Subtract invoice amount from any unsold units still on dealer lots as of Sept 5 of the previous calendar year from that number. Multiply that number by the projected sales of the upcoming model year before Dec 31 of the first on sale date if greater than 6 months. If less than 6 months has passed from when the first 23,500 units are built (not necessarily sold) than subtract .00987%. Total price increase should not exceed $1805 (US) or 3.87%, whichever is greater than the sum of all numbers given.

To find out your monthly payment on the '15 just add $52 to your current payment.

Pretty straightforward to me.
Wow. I think getting a PhD in Quantum Mechanics may be easier than using that method.
Old 3/14/13, 12:11 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
What Retail Order Verification was was as long as I scanned a copy of the purchase order, the DORA and the license of the buyer, the car would get built. It overrides any allocation that I normally get and I can get as many cars as I order. It was a great program back in 2011 for the new motor. If they bring it back, I will offer a great deal on 2015s to everyone on here!!!
A bit OT, but may help the OP and others.

Is Ford still doing that special order priority number thing? When I ordered my '05, I did finally find a local dealer willing to order on X-plan, but the priority # was so high (I was placed behind MSRP orders) that after 5 months or so I still didn't have a build date. I found out that the ordering dealer had a low allocation for GTs and my car might never get built that year. I found out that high-volume dealers that sell lots of GTs got their special orders much faster.

I ended up buying one at MSRP from another dealer that had one in stock.

Last edited by IWantMyNewGT; 3/14/13 at 12:21 AM.