Notices
Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

would appreciate input, ideas

Old 9/9/15, 10:52 AM
GT Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Smile would appreciate input, ideas

I have a low mileage 2013 v6 mustang. 2013 still under original 3/36 warranty.

Yesterday i get a message"tire pressure monitor fault" Okay unusual but probably not a big deal to address.

Today while driving a notice a new Thumping sound that seems to be coming from the rear. The sound is like driving on an under inflated or flat tire. It also sounds like driving on tire/s with a flat spot on them. shows up as soon as I move and gets louder and faster as the car speeds up. No significant vibration.

I checked pressure, all good, checked lugs, all tight checked to see if I picked up something in the tire, nothing I could see. would seem unlikely that it developed a flat spot over night and with less than 7000 miles on it. So.... any similar experiences or thoughts. I'm also thinking the tires should still be under new owner warranty.

Oh called the dealer and they told me come in tomorrow and they would get me seen due to the noise.

Thanks in advance.'
Old 9/9/15, 07:38 PM
Banned

Received 254 Likes on 230 Posts
Sounds like a tire pressure sensor got broken off or fell out of the holder. That would explain the tire pressure warning message and the thumping in your wheel. Dealer will take care of it either way. Good luck!
Old 9/10/15, 02:39 PM
GT Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
just to finish the thread

Just wanted to update.

Well I took the car to the dealer. Surprise... no sound from the rear on trip to the dealer. They replaced a right front pressure sensor and did not find anything out of the ordinary on suspension.

So I'll just drive it until and if the sound returns. It's a mystery though....