Notices
Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

Water sloshing sound from passenger rear quarter panel

Search this Thread

Old 3/29/15, 12:22 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by laserred38
Wow thank you! I don't think it's supposed to be a drain hole. I don't think the water is supposed to get into that spot in the first place!
Agreed. Although, I think this is a better option than having stagnant water sloshing around in there. Hopefully Ford will come up with a fix or TSB. I might take it in then.
Old 3/30/15, 10:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Okay, it has rained hard, and not holding water at this time... We will see .
Old 3/30/15, 10:22 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by soundman2033
Did you see my pictures? Where is your drain hole in the pictures?
Old 3/30/15, 10:29 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by soundman2033
That's great, soundman2033! Thank you for the update.

Deysha
Old 4/2/15, 09:24 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by dave07
I finally got around to trying to find this drain hole. I wasn't able to find a drain hole per say (it might be the drain hole but doesn't seem like it to me). But through some finagling with my finger i was able to get the water to drain! I ended up cutting out about an inch or so of foam to help the water drain out in the future.

A word of caution, this doesn't seem to me like a drain hole in my opinion. I was able to stick my finger down there and it honestly feels like a gap between the sheet metal. It does drain about 90% of the water though. If you are unhappy I guess you can buy some spray foam or something and fill the "drain" back in. I'm personally happy with this fix as my dealer is totally inept at fixing this problem. Besides its 100% reversible if you don't like it.
This is exactly what I did. Probing around for a drain, the area you show was exactly where I, too, decided to pull away a bit of the foam and see if it did anything. It completely got rid of my water. I'm not worried w/ a TSB or dealer fix as long as this does the trick.
Old 5/20/15, 12:37 AM

I took this to the dealer and they think it is fuel sloshing around in the tank. That's total BS. I showed them the photos and they still wont believe me. Drove the car away from the dealer with the sloshing sound still there. Whats worse is when the water freezes in the quarter panel and you can hear the ice banging around against the panels. It's loud. So frustrated right now. I'm curious to see what Ford is going to do. I'm in contact with the customer service manager in my area thanks to Deysha.
I'm having the same issue on my 2014 convertible. This is my first Ford and I was so pumped, but an unresponsive dealership has me very concerned. I cleaned the grommets in the doors the first time it happened, but now it's the rear quarters retaining water. Cmon man...it's a 2014. This shouldn't be happening already.
Old 5/20/15, 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by SeanLB
I'm having the same issue on my 2014 convertible. This is my first Ford and I was so pumped, but an unresponsive dealership has me very concerned. I cleaned the grommets in the doors the first time it happened, but now it's the rear quarters retaining water. Cmon man...it's a 2014. This shouldn't be happening already.
Hello SeanLB,

Welcome to the forum! My name is Deysha with Ford Service. You are always welcome to bring your vehicle in to different Ford Dealer for a second opinion. Also, I壇 like to get this escalated for you. Please PM me with your VIN, dealer you池e bringing it in to, mileage, full name, and best daytime number. I値l loop in the customer service manager for your area.

Deysha
Old 5/20/15, 04:49 PM

Private message sent. Thanks!

Originally Posted by FordService
Hello SeanLB,

Welcome to the forum! My name is Deysha with Ford Service. You are always welcome to bring your vehicle in to different Ford Dealer for a second opinion. Also, I壇 like to get this escalated for you. Please PM me with your VIN, dealer you池e bringing it in to, mileage, full name, and best daytime number. I値l loop in the customer service manager for your area.

Deysha
Old 5/20/15, 04:56 PM
Bullitt Member

I think the convertibles are supposed to drain water through that area.
You most likely have another clogged grommet in rear quarter. Good luck with Ford fixing it. You will need it!
Old 5/20/15, 04:57 PM

Any idea where those grommets are? Thanks for the reply, and we are already off to a rough start with the dealership.

I think the convertibles are supposed to drain water through that area.
You most likely have another clogged grommet in rear quarter. Good luck with Ford fixing it. You will need it!
Old 5/21/15, 07:22 AM
Bullitt Member

Any idea where those grommets are? Thanks for the reply, and we are already off to a rough start with the dealership.
I'm not exactly sure where they are located. I would look down in where your rear window goes in the panel. You might be able to see down there with a flashlight or something.
Old 5/21/15, 08:54 AM

Private message sent. Thanks!
Thanks, SeanLB! I値l get back to you as soon as possible.

Deysha
Old 7/20/15, 11:08 AM

Well, add me to the list. 2014 base convertible. Heavy rain this week, drove about 60 miles in it last night, and got soaked passenger rear floor boards. I hear the sloshing, and the dripping in front of the wright rear wheel is right on point. I'm not super mechanical, so Ill be going to the local dealer this week. It will be my second visit to them, the first wasn't very successful regarding the rear defroster, but I don't see much choice. Wish me luck!
Old 7/27/15, 03:27 PM

I don't know if anyone is still reading this, but I will add my experience to the list. Like so many others, I was basically told by the dealer it was the drain under the hood running back, and that he did find water in the rear quarter panel. He said that water was probably coming from the window, and that he opened up the drain and it would be fine. Then I get in the car and nudge the brakes. Guess what, water is still 'a sloshin. Called him back out to sit in the car and hear it, and surprise surprise, he cant hear a thing. I don't know how that's possible since it sounds like someone shaking a 5 gallon bucket of water. Finally he admits he hears something, but he says that its the- get this- the shocks making that sloshing sound, and its normal. The icing on the cake is a half hour later after getting back to work, water is still dripping from the rocker panels. I give up, this dealer failed to help with a bad rear defroster and has now failed on this. I PROMISE anyone who is reading this, I will never buy another Ford as long as I live. The car looks and drives OK, but the quality is sub par and the service is a joke. I could handle the poor quality, or the poor service, but living with both is unacceptable. I'm done.
Old 7/27/15, 03:43 PM
Bullitt Member

Water sloshing sound from passenger rear quarter panel

Originally Posted by Patrick Harlow
I don't know if anyone is still reading this, but I will add my experience to the list. Like so many others, I was basically told by the dealer it was the drain under the hood running back, and that he did find water in the rear quarter panel. He said that water was probably coming from the window, and that he opened up the drain and it would be fine. Then I get in the car and nudge the brakes. Guess what, water is still 'a sloshin. Called him back out to sit in the car and hear it, and surprise surprise, he cant hear a thing. I don't know how that's possible since it sounds like someone shaking a 5 gallon bucket of water. Finally he admits he hears something, but he says that its the- get this- the shocks making that sloshing sound, and its normal. The icing on the cake is a half hour later after getting back to work, water is still dripping from the rocker panels. I give up, this dealer failed to help with a bad rear defroster and has now failed on this. I PROMISE anyone who is reading this, I will never buy another Ford as long as I live. The car looks and drives OK, but the quality is sub par and the service is a joke. I could handle the poor quality, or the poor service, but living with both is unacceptable. I'm done.
Ask for Deysha to get this escalated. I believe for the convertibles there should be some sort of drain located below the rear quarter window. Chances are you just have a plugged drain. This is not normal for coupes though.

I hear you on the Ford service and quality. Wish they could step it up because they could have a great product if it wasn't for the lack luster service and poor quality. Chalk me up in the I'm done with Ford column too.
Old 7/28/15, 10:29 AM

I don't know if anyone is still reading this, but I will add my experience to the list. Like so many others, I was basically told by the dealer it was the drain under the hood running back, and that he did find water in the rear quarter panel. He said that water was probably coming from the window, and that he opened up the drain and it would be fine. Then I get in the car and nudge the brakes. Guess what, water is still 'a sloshin. Called him back out to sit in the car and hear it, and surprise surprise, he cant hear a thing. I don't know how that's possible since it sounds like someone shaking a 5 gallon bucket of water. ...
Hello Patrick Harlow,

Welcome to the forum. My name is Deysha with Ford Service. As dave07 mentioned, I知 happy to get this escalated for you. Please, PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number. I値l get the customer service manager for your area involved.

Ask for Deysha to get this escalated. I believe for the convertibles there should be some sort of drain located below the rear quarter window. Chances are you just have a plugged drain. This is not normal for coupes though. ...
Thank you for the mention, dave07!!

Deysha
Old 7/28/15, 12:33 PM

ADD ME TOO THE LIST!!

I am having the identical issue since the last rainstorm we had here in FL. Have an appt with the dealer. Would be great if Deysha could escalate me as well.
Old 7/28/15, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by FordService
Hello Patrick Harlow,

Welcome to the forum. My name is Deysha with Ford Service. As dave07 mentioned, I知 happy to get this escalated for you. Please, PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number. I値l get the customer service manager for your area involved.

Thank you for the mention, dave07!!

Deysha

Please add me to list
Old 7/30/15, 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by CVilla12GT
I am having the identical issue since the last rainstorm we had here in FL. Have an appt with the dealer. Would be great if Deysha could escalate me as well.
Originally Posted by CVilla12GT
Please add me to list
Welcome and thank you for the PM, CVilla12GT. I値l get back to you as soon as possible.

Deysha
Old 8/1/15, 10:53 AM

I'm with you guys on the terrible quality and service. I can understand cars will have problems, but if a good company takes care of their customers by fixing the problems not giving them the runaround. I'm having the same service issues with my rotting hood and paint bubbling trunk lid. As a customer I shouldn't have to jump through so many hoops to get factory defects properly corrected.

And these aren't minor issues like a radio button fell off or my review mirror is loose, my hood is ROTTING at less than one year old and my trunk lid is already starting to shed paint - and this car sits in a garage 99% of the time and only comes out on nice days.

Quick Reply: Water sloshing sound from passenger rear quarter panel