Notices
Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

Water sloshing sound from passenger rear quarter panel

Search this Thread

Old 3/16/14, 06:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey guys,
sorry to revive this thread, but I suspect my car is having the same issues as OP.

To get this straight, did all of you who had this happening to your cars, were able to get the dealer to fix this?
I'm pretty upset that my 6-7month old brand new mustang is trapping water inside the body panels..how is this even possible in todays standards..anyways.

Im taking mine to my dealer on Tuesday and I just want to anticipate any BS they might pull on me.

Thanks,
rick
Old 4/10/14, 08:39 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
But if your paint doesnt stick to aluminum because Ford cannot get it right & it blisters & peals away , you have wait until they think there is a problem . There is on many Mustangs of 05 up to 09 with aluminum hoods. My hood happened when the scoop started to lift within the first year & it's back big time, Ford says it's way past warrenty so to bad, I'm baffeled that example UPS trucks and airplanes NEVER have this problem everbut Ford does & they figure it's ok we sold you the car we got your money thanks .
So buyer beware without that clause of paint issues
Attached Thumbnails Water sloshing sound from passenger rear quarter panel-image.jpg  
Old 10/9/14, 03:41 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My car had to go back into the dealership for this leak. Apparently it wasn't fixed right. I rarely drive my car in the rain now that I have a truck for that. But I got stock in a rainstorm the other day and now the sloshing is back!

The dealer said once again that it is the gas but I'm 99% sure that its water in there. We will find out in winter when that shiz turns into ice and starts bouncing around.
Old 10/10/14, 08:05 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by dave07
My car had to go back into the dealership for this leak. Apparently it wasn't fixed right. I rarely drive my car in the rain now that I have a truck for that. But I got stock in a rainstorm the other day and now the sloshing is back!

The dealer said once again that it is the gas but I'm 99% sure that its water in there. We will find out in winter when that shiz turns into ice and starts bouncing around.
Oh no! Let me get this escalated for you again, dave07. Be sure to PM me with your dealer’s name and best daytime number.

Deysha
Old 10/22/14, 07:46 PM
V6 Member

I'm bring my 2014 GT with 3,100 miles to my dealer tomorrow for the same concern!!! Wish you luck on your stang.
Old 10/23/14, 05:44 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by ThePope
I'm bring my 2014 GT with 3,100 miles to my dealer tomorrow for the same concern!!! Wish you luck on your stang.
Yea let us know how you make out!
Old 10/23/14, 11:04 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
Holly Crap this sounds like a real bad problem I hope they can finally fix it. O.o
Old 10/24/14, 06:41 PM
V6 Member

Well, I dropped the Mustang off at my dealership Thursday evening. This afternoon I received a phone call from my service advisor, they found a seam in the passenger rear quarter panel that lost a seal causing the water to get in. After pressure testing and water testing, they were able to repair the seam. For once I'm waiting for a rainy day to verify the repair was done correctly. Overall, it was a painless visit to the dealership and hope I don't have to return for the same issue. I can understand the frustration for people for I am a Service Advisor for an Audi dealership.
Old 10/24/14, 07:15 PM
Bullitt Member

Well, I dropped the Mustang off at my dealership Thursday evening. This afternoon I received a phone call from my service advisor, they found a seam in the passenger rear quarter panel that lost a seal causing the water to get in. After pressure testing and water testing, they were able to repair the seam. For once I'm waiting for a rainy day to verify the repair was done correctly. Overall, it was a painless visit to the dealership and hope I don't have to return for the same issue. I can understand the frustration for people for I am a Service Advisor for an Audi dealership.
I'm very happy that you got this resolved. It's good to see that your dealer went through the proper procedures to get this fixed! Do you know what they sealed the seam with? Also, was the water getting in through the wheel well?
Old 10/27/14, 12:31 PM

That’s good, ThePope! Thank you for the update and keep us posted.

Deysha
Old 10/28/14, 02:05 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by ford4v429
Thats cool shes got you some help- suggestion to ford though, when cases like this come up with inept service departments, do they get a reprimand of sorts? They certainly should...
I've been told by both Ford and Nissan that feedback means everything these days. Negative reports can hurt their allocation standings, and a great deal of other things.

On the service side it may not be so dramatic, but on the sales side, your feedback means everything to the dealers.
Old 11/3/14, 04:58 AM
V6 Member

I'm very happy that you got this resolved. It's good to see that your dealer went through the proper procedures to get this fixed! Do you know what they sealed the seam with? Also, was the water getting in through the wheel well?
Originally Posted by FordService
That’s good, ThePope! Thank you for the update and keep us posted.

Deysha

This is where the leak was coming in from according to my service consultant. But this past Saturday we had a heavy rain fall and I drove the Mustang about 40 miles. Sunday the car sat. First thing this morning driving to work, I hear the water sloshing back and fourth again. I'm going to call my dealership AGAIN and tell them it needs to be looked at again. Hopefully THIS TIME it will be corrected.
Old 11/3/14, 09:02 AM

This is where the leak was coming in from according to my service consultant. But this past Saturday we had a heavy rain fall and I drove the Mustang about 40 miles. Sunday the car sat. First thing this morning driving to work, I hear the water sloshing back and fourth again. I'm going to call my dealership AGAIN and tell them it needs to be looked at again. Hopefully THIS TIME it will be corrected.
Oh noooo, ThePope! Definitely make another appointment with them and let me escalate it for you. Please, PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number.

Deysha
Old 11/3/14, 10:35 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by FordService
Oh noooo, ThePope! Definitely make another appointment with them and let me escalate it for you. Please, PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number.

Deysha
Info sent. Thank you Deysha
Old 11/3/14, 12:21 PM

Info sent. Thank you Deysha
No problem, ThePope. I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Deysha
Old 11/6/14, 05:31 PM
V6 Member

Dropped of the stang at the dealer this evening. Let's see what visit #2 brings......
Old 11/7/14, 09:41 AM

Dropped of the stang at the dealer this evening. Let's see what visit #2 brings......
Fingers crossed, ThePope.

Deysha
Old 11/13/14, 09:49 AM
V6 Member

Well, I wanted to touch base with everyone on my vehicle. I dropped the caron 11/6. I received a phone call the next day from the service manager statingthe same seam is allowing the water into the quarter again. He asked me for permission to sent my car to a body shop they deal with "specifically for mustangs" to have the seam repaired and to have them repaint the insidewheel well. I gave them permission to fix the vehicle. At that point, I receivedanother call a few days later letting me know they water tested the vehicle multipletimes and no water is going into the quarter. I then was called on 11/12 letting me know the car was done. I then picked up my vehicle later that day.When I went over the vehicle, I found the quarter panel scratched (was never there) and the workmanship was not to my approval, the inside of the car smelled like a body shop, and the rear window was filled with condensation. I pointed all this out to the service manager and he had the nerve to tell me and I quote “I never saw the car before or after so I can't say" I was then offered a free oil change for my troubles that I declined. At that point I was fustrated and took the car. The real test will be done when it rains.

Sorry to run on. As working as a service consultant for an Audi dealership, I cannot believe how poor the service quality is at the dealer I purchased the Mustang from. Ford customer relations were just as bad to deal with but I won't get into that here. I'll keep everyone posted........

Last edited by ThePope; 11/13/14 at 02:44 PM.
Old 11/13/14, 05:13 PM
Bullitt Member

Well, I wanted to touch base with everyone on my vehicle. I dropped the caron 11/6. I received a phone call the next day from the service manager statingthe same seam is allowing the water into the quarter again. He asked me for permission to sent my car to a body shop they deal with "specifically for mustangs" to have the seam repaired and to have them repaint the insidewheel well. I gave them permission to fix the vehicle. At that point, I receivedanother call a few days later letting me know they water tested the vehicle multipletimes and no water is going into the quarter. I then was called on 11/12 letting me know the car was done. I then picked up my vehicle later that day.When I went over the vehicle, I found the quarter panel scratched (was never there) and the workmanship was not to my approval, the inside of the car smelled like a body shop, and the rear window was filled with condensation. I pointed all this out to the service manager and he had the nerve to tell me and I quote “I never saw the car before or after so I can't say" I was then offered a free oil change for my troubles that I declined. At that point I was fustrated and took the car. The real test will be done when it rains.

Sorry to run on. As working as a service consultant for an Audi dealership, I cannot believe how poor the service quality is at the dealer I purchased the Mustang from. Ford customer relations were just as bad to deal with but I won't get into that here. I'll keep everyone posted........
That stinks about how they returned the car to you! Is the paint scratched off your quarter panel?

It would be nice if some of these dealerships would take pride in their work. I would be embarrassed to give a car back with the issues you stated. And an oil change for compensation, is that a joke?
Old 11/13/14, 07:15 PM
V6 Member

That stinks about how they returned the car to you! Is the paint scratched off your quarter panel?

It would be nice if some of these dealerships would take pride in their work. I would be embarrassed to give a car back with the issues you stated. And an oil change for compensation, is that a joke?

The paint didn't get scratched off. Just a scratch from being careless. But still, that no excuse in my eyes.

Quick Reply: Water sloshing sound from passenger rear quarter panel