Notices
Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

Vibration Issues At Highway Speeds

Search this Thread

Old 3/4/15, 03:23 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I just talked with Ford and they told me to call the dealer in tullahoma and they agreed to work on the problem since I refuse to let the dealer in Murfreesboro butcher my car any more.

I drop it off Monday for what the dealer says will be a long while. They want to come up with their own diagnosis.
Old 3/4/15, 04:17 PM
GT Member

It's really no surprise to me it's taking this long. You guys might as well get used to it. That's just the way it is normally from my experience. If you are approved for a new rear end, expect at least 5-10 more days while parts are on order and then the guy that does the work on those gets time. Normally unless the dealership is huge there is only one or two guys that do certain work and he may have 5 projects going all at once and they only have so many lifts etc. Good luck guys.
Old 3/4/15, 06:32 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A long while? That was their wording?
Old 3/4/15, 07:34 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by farsidejunky
A long while? That was their wording?
Those were the exact words from the service manager.
Old 3/4/15, 07:36 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by choate
It's really no surprise to me it's taking this long. You guys might as well get used to it. That's just the way it is normally from my experience. If you are approved for a new rear end, expect at least 5-10 more days while parts are on order and then the guy that does the work on those gets time. Normally unless the dealership is huge there is only one or two guys that do certain work and he may have 5 projects going all at once and they only have so many lifts etc. Good luck guys.
I understand but it is wrong for them to hop around they should focus on getting a proper diagnosis for one car at a time. If it needs parts then while they wait for parts they can work on another. Its not rocket science its just good business and process flow. Trust me I turned wrenches for years I know you only get one or two lifts and when you have one waiting on parts you put it together enough to get out of the way so you free up your bay.
Old 3/5/15, 08:36 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by keltymd
They want to come up with their own diagnosis.
Does this mean that they are going to start from scratch using Hotline? If so, doesn't that just reset the process?
Old 3/5/15, 08:47 AM
GT Member

Does this mean that they are going to start from scratch using Hotline? If so, doesn't that just reset the process?

From my understanding yes and yes. they talked with the field engineer and I am hoping he comes to see it while the repairs are going on but they want to make sure they said. I guess I should have gotten another car for a daily driver. I lvoe my Mustangs all of them but come on..........
Old 3/5/15, 09:19 AM
GT Member

Heh. I am about to make the first payment on mine, and it has officially been at the dealership more days than with me since I bought it.
Old 3/5/15, 09:35 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Deysha,

I have been talking to my CSM for weeks about this exact issue and have not gotten anywhere.
Is there something in specific you’re referring to at this time, keltymd?

Could have? Past tense? Reopened? Why would it have been closed?

There is a fundamental communication problem here. The service person that called me told me it was their responsibility to make sure the dealership was doing everything they were supposed to. There was nothing said about anything else.

Deysha, when information is uncovered after asking rather than volunteered, it gives the impression that things are being withheld. I am not accusing you or the customer service rep of that, but in the absence of information, people will draw their own conclusions.

So. Please help me understand the full capabilities of the service rep. Because neither of you have volunteered this information to this point. Additionally, what can the rep specifically help me with in regards to Hotline?

Escalation is clearly a tool. A tool that you have encouraged me to use now for the 2nd time. But neither you nor the CSR explained to me what the tool does. I need to know what the tool does in order to properly use it.
The case was closed due to you stating “you don’t need our help,” so she provided you with your CSMs contact information in case you changed your mind, farsidejunkie. I’ve reopened it anyway and will have your CSM contact you today.

Deysha
Old 3/5/15, 09:48 AM
GT Member

I just got off the phone with Leon. What I said to the lady I spoke with last week was basically that if the only thing she could do was tell me the dealership was doing everything they could and that it would be okay, then she wasn't really helping me. I understand that it could loosely mean for me to have her close the case. I will give her the benefit of the doubt on that one.

According to Leon, Hotline is not the issue. Evidently, the last Hotline transaction on my VIN was from February 26th. The tech stated to Leon by phone that he tried a couple of times but had an error in transmission to Hotline, so he moved on to something else.

So essentially my vehicle has been at the dealership for this entire week with nothing being done to it. I am trying to wrap my mind around that one. Leon said he asked the dealership to move on it.

Is this problem systemic? Or just coincidence that Kelty is having the exact same problem?

Last edited by farsidejunky; 3/5/15 at 01:43 PM.
Old 3/5/15, 10:15 AM
GT Member

I was told by the leons area manager (I guess that's his title his name is Tommy and his number is out of florida) he kept telling me the dealer was not updating the case and he was going to send an engineer down to look at my car. After hearing all this I think I may have been a bit hasty to say it was all the dealer not doing anything it sounds more like ford is sitting on their hands and much as the dealer.
Old 3/5/15, 01:13 PM
GT Member

Deysha:

Pretty please. With sugar on top. What does the tool do exactly? What are the true capabilities of escalation?

You are still not being entirely forthcoming with information. Why?

Last edited by farsidejunky; 3/5/15 at 01:17 PM.
Old 3/5/15, 02:08 PM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Deysha:

Pretty please. With sugar on top. What does the tool do exactly? What are the true capabilities of escalation?

You are still not being entirely forthcoming with information. Why?
An escalation is not a “tool,” farsidejunky. The escalation helps you, the dealer, and your CSM work together with the tools provided to them to get your concerns resolved. Some may take longer than others, but they look for a resolution.

Deysha
Old 3/5/15, 02:19 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by FordService
An escalation is not a “tool,” farsidejunky. The escalation helps you, the dealer, and your CSM work together with the tools provided to them to get your concerns resolved. Some may take longer than others, but they look for a resolution.

Deysha
I had my CSM escalate my ticket on 2/5/2014 to this Tommy person out of Florida and it has done absolutely squat for me and my case. IF YOU CANNOT MAKE THE DEALERS DO ANYTHING ESCALATING IS USELESS BECAUSE YOU ARE NOT GOING TO FIX THE PROBLEM.

And yes I have left voice-mails for Tommy since our contact on the 6th and guess what HE NEVER CALLS BACK!!!!!

Last edited by Scothew; 3/6/15 at 07:21 AM.
Old 3/5/15, 02:41 PM
GT Member

On the 94-04 GTs they had a vibration dampener on the rear end. A big hunk of metal that weighed about 10Lb tied to the nose. What do you want to be that is the main issue Ford decided to save a couple dollars by not putting them on and now we get the NVH issues.
Old 3/5/15, 03:39 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
On the 94-04 GTs they had a vibration dampener on the rear end. A big hunk of metal that weighed about 10Lb tied to the nose. What do you want to be that is the main issue Ford decided to save a couple dollars by not putting them on and now we get the NVH issues.
There are two of them on these cars, one on each side of the axle housing.
Old 3/5/15, 03:47 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by El Coyote GT/CS
Do you have a picture?
Old 3/5/15, 07:02 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by El Coyote GT/CS
I have been looking for one and dont see it unless your talking about the tires
Old 3/5/15, 08:21 PM
GT Member

I just found another thread with a few people having the exact same issue

http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums...-question.html
Old 3/6/15, 12:45 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Do you have a picture?
I don't have a picture, but they are cast iron blocks attached to the axle housing near the lower control arm mounting points.

Quick Reply: Vibration Issues At Highway Speeds