Notices
Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

Misfire

Search this Thread

Old 9/21/15, 08:17 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by shiftybusiness
Hey Deysha, looks like i'm having the same problem. Was driving normal and the car started to drive rough and has left a p0308 #8 misfire code.
Have you been able to address this with your Ford Dealer, shiftybusiness? If so, what have they said? Also, what’s the mileage and year of your vehicle?

Deysha
Old 9/21/15, 05:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FordService
Have you been able to address this with your Ford Dealer, shiftybusiness? If so, what have they said? Also, what’s the mileage and year of your vehicle?

Deysha
Yes I took the car in on Saturday and they did the TSB for the o ring and it did'nt work. They determined that my catalytic converter failed on the driver side causing the problems. The did'nt have them in stock so I have to wait until Tuesday to get the car back. The car is a 2013 gt with 28,600 miles. Thanks for replying.
Old 10/1/15, 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by shiftybusiness
Yes I took the car in on Saturday and they did the TSB for the o ring and it did'nt work. They determined that my catalytic converter failed on the driver side causing the problems. The did'nt have them in stock so I have to wait until Tuesday to get the car back. The car is a 2013 gt with 28,600 miles. Thanks for replying.
No problem, shiftybusiness! Were they able to take care of this for you?

Deysha
Old 11/7/15, 08:55 PM

Still happening?!?!

Just picked up a 2016 GT premium. Got 300 miles on it so far. Tonight I got my first CEL experience flashed but didn't stay on but every time I pushed it a bit it quit pulling at about 4K and was laggy, no power, wouldn't pull past 4K. Got into town and went through a drive through.... After leaving town and being back on the back roads it seemed to pull normally again.... But OBVIOUSLY not happy about dropping 43 grand and having a sports car start running ****ty and not pull past 4 grand within the first 300 miles!?!?! I've read this complete thread dating back to 2011 or whenever it started and it's VERY disappointing to see this problem persists into the 2016 model year. And one further note.... I noticed something that has also previously been mentioned here.... I watched the AF gauge for a bit and it seemed VERY erratic, going to 18 & 20 frequently.... Wonder if anyone ever considered bad O2 sensors as part of this problem?...
Old 11/9/15, 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by Svtfrank
Just picked up a 2016 GT premium. Got 300 miles on it so far. Tonight I got my first CEL experience flashed but didn't stay on but every time I pushed it a bit it quit pulling at about 4K and was laggy, no power, wouldn't pull past 4K. Got into town and went through a drive through.... After leaving town and being back on the back roads it seemed to pull normally again.... But OBVIOUSLY not happy about dropping 43 grand and having a sports car start running ****ty and not pull past 4 grand within the first 300 miles!?!?! I've read this complete thread dating back to 2011 or whenever it started and it's VERY disappointing to see this problem persists into the 2016 model year. And one further note.... I noticed something that has also previously been mentioned here.... I watched the AF gauge for a bit and it seemed VERY erratic, going to 18 & 20 frequently.... Wonder if anyone ever considered bad O2 sensors as part of this problem?...
Hello Svtfrank,

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new Mustang! My name is Deysha with Ford Service, and I’d like get this taken care of for you. First, you will need to make an appointment with your Ford Dealer as soon as possible for diagnosis. Then, PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number. I’ll get this forwarded to the customer service manager for your area.

Deysha
Old 12/31/15, 04:05 PM

Well this is my first post, other than my introduction, picked up a 2013 GT a week ago and have the flashing check engine light twice in 500 miles. Called the dealer today and scheduled an appointment for them to "look over it" and do a "free walkaround" so we'll see how it goes. Originally they told me they couldn't get it in until at least the 18th but after I told them I just bought this car from them last week then they said I could bring it in Monday and get a rental. Wish me luck.
Old 1/6/16, 04:10 PM

Well my car has been at the dealership for 3 days now. I'm hopefully the fix it correctly so I don't have to go back any time soon.
Old 1/7/16, 11:53 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts
add another to the list, my 13 with 26k miles will have the CEL flash several times during acceleration then powerless until the CEL turns off (on its own after flashing) - dropped it off yesterday early morning at the closest dealership and they called me yesterday afternoon to tell me they found a problem and are working with the ford engineers to figure out what to do. Today the service adviser told me it was a sensor and that they are still working with ford on what to do to resolve the problem. I'm guessing its the o-ring TSB and Crank shaft position sensor grommet/o-ring. https://latemodel.cachefly.net/downl...sb13-01-11.pdf but i dont know yet!
Old 1/7/16, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by DeeJayTJ
add another to the list, my 13 with 26k miles will have the CEL flash several times during acceleration then powerless until the CEL turns off (on its own after flashing) - dropped it off yesterday early morning at the closest dealership and they called me yesterday afternoon to tell me they found a problem and are working with the ford engineers to figure out what to do. Today the service adviser told me it was a sensor and that they are still working with ford on what to do to resolve the problem. I'm guessing its the o-ring TSB and Crank shaft position sensor grommet/o-ring. https://latemodel.cachefly.net/downl...sb13-01-11.pdf but i dont know yet!
You're doing better than I am. I got a call from the dealership today and they told me they can't figure out anything. The CEL is on but there's no symptoms of it acting up.
Old 1/9/16, 02:52 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Gunny5.0
You're doing better than I am. I got a call from the dealership today and they told me they can't figure out anything. The CEL is on but there's no symptoms of it acting up.
mine called me everyday to tell me that its being escalated and escalated and still dont know what to do basically.

I took it wednesday, all they could tell me was "a sensor" but not tell me which one.

Now they are saying its been escalated to a "line technician" whatever that is... and hopefully have an update for me on monday.

they certainly didnt give me a rental car or offer one, though i didnt ask for one and luckily I do have a 2nd vehicle... i just want them to fix it and fix it right.

Last edited by DeeJayTJ; 1/9/16 at 02:54 PM.
Old 1/9/16, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by DeeJayTJ
mine called me everyday to tell me that its being escalated and escalated and still dont know what to do basically.

I took it wednesday, all they could tell me was "a sensor" but not tell me which one.

Now they are saying its been escalated to a "line technician" whatever that is... and hopefully have an update for me on monday.
I picked my car up yesterday and all they did was "adjust some perimeters" in my "pcm" is what they told me. Whenever my CEL comes back on, I'm suppose to take my car back up there to them immediately and not turn it off so then their technician can run the codes again and maybe get a different outcome?
Old 1/9/16, 08:35 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Gunny5.0
I picked my car up yesterday and all they did was "adjust some perimeters" in my "pcm" is what they told me. Whenever my CEL comes back on, I'm suppose to take my car back up there to them immediately and not turn it off so then their technician can run the codes again and maybe get a different outcome?
oh lol because thats so convenient to just drop everything you're doing lol.

that is the worst thing ive ever heard. good luck man :-/
Old 1/19/16, 09:55 AM
Bullitt Member

just an update, my issue has been resolved - was certainly the o-ring tsb!

8 days at Planet Ford in Spring, Tx. - Since day 1, I made sure to mention the o-ring tsb and even had the printout and tsb number. They ignored me.

on the 8th day after several "tests" and 100 miles added to my car and no progress and no refill on my gas as well as them looking for a reason to REPLACE MY WHOLE F'ing ENGINE! I took my car out of there and went to Gullo Ford in Conroe, Tx. (north of Houston) and they resolved the issue the same day. Big thanks to Gullo Ford, and a big F. YOU. to Planet Ford in Spring. Especially with them trying to find reasons to deny my warranty rather than actually diagnosing a problem. "can you prove you keep up with the oil changes?"
Old 7/19/16, 10:23 PM

My 2013 Mustang GT is doing the same thing all these cars are doing. It happens once in a while and I've noticed it happens on 4th gear if I hold it at about 4K - 4500 rpm. The check engine light flashes and my car loses power for about 30 seconds( a long time when initially I was trying to pass or get over. My car has a LOT of mods including supercharger, Magnum XL swap, McLeod RXT and 1 piece DS. Can I still go to dealer? Or should I try to fix it myself since they probably won't cover it?
Old 8/8/16, 04:08 PM

Hello everyone. I just got my first Mustang GT and I'm new to the site. After reading this thread I'm pretty nervous for what i might be having to go through. I just got my 2014 Mustang GT 1 week ago today. 2 days ago i was driving to work when the CEL started flashing and i could tell my car was misfiring. It stopped after about 25 seconds of flashing and then going away and then flashing again. The CEL did not stay lite. Last night i just got on the highway and after about 1/4 miles the CEL started flashing again and i could tell that it was misfiring. I was going about 70mph in and I was in 5th gear. I went to pull over and the light went off again and stayed off. So i turned around and went home to be safe. On my way home the light came on and stayed on and the car was NOT misfiring from what i could tell. I woke up this morning i called the Ford Dealership that i got it from (Which is over an hour away) They told me to bring it right in. Asside from all this, the folks at the dealership are great. They had a loaner car waiting for me when i got there. I am waiting for them to call me back with some info. I'm praying that this is a one time thing but by the sounds of it i may be making this 1 hour trip a few times. They said that it could be a bad coil pack. Lets hope they get it right.
Old 12/4/16, 12:45 PM

Hey guys,

I am facing severe misfire problems on my 2013 V6 Premium on bank 2 (cyl 4,5,6) but only in warm condition. I am wondering if it could be also that crank position sensor or the o-ring.

Some facts:

- 2013 V6 Premium with 30k miles
- P0300 (random misfire), P0304, P0305, P0306 (misfire cylinders 4-6) showed up
- the misfire only comes in warm engine condition
- a couple of weeks earlier i had some problems with P0430 (cat bank2, values below efficiency).

Any clue regarding this? I am only reading that the crank position sensor shows problems in GT models. Any V6 affected?
Old 1/6/18, 07:36 PM

Misfire

Originally Posted by Cobrakev
Just took car to dealer. 13Gt check engine light came on with loss of power. Light went out after 1 min, and power was back to normal. Dealer is saying that the computer has a code of # 3 cylinder has a misfire. They are still looking into it. Has anybody else have this problem? Anything else I should ask them to look for?
Thanks
Kevin
Having the same issue. 13 5.0 misfire in cylinder 1 & 3. Thinking ignition coil or spark plugs?? Guy at oreilly said Ford was having issues with cars built 10/12 having tsb sensor issues? Happened 3 times so far. Twice on the freeway always in fifth gear when it happens. Come Friday it’s going to the dealer.
Old 1/7/18, 04:35 AM

My catalytic converter was broken and blocked by its broken parts. Thats why the misfire in cylinder 4,5,6 (bank2) showed up.
But I don't think that this is your cause.
Old 4/20/20, 09:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hello,

Newbie here and a new owner of a 2013 Boss 302 with 28K miles. It seems like that I am having the same issue regarding the Misfire Codes. My CEL blinks during spirited driving and just the other day, the light stayed lit. When I got home, I checked with my OBD tool and found the Misfire codes P0300, P0303, P0305. I tried clearing the code and ran the vehicle until all the Monitors were OK. Normal driving doesn't lit up the CEL. I tried to duplicate the the code by doing spirited driving and was able to turn the CEL light ON if I hold the RPM about 3500-4000 at a much longer time. When this happens, there is no noticeable change of power though. I wish somebody can guide me to what steps to take from here. I read all the horror stories from other members with their multiple visits to Ford dealerships before they got it finally fixed.
Old 9/6/20, 08:55 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry for this late update but issue has been resolved. Brought car to dealer with the TSB regarding the o-ring. An hour worth of labor cost and now a happy camper!!!

Quick Reply: Misfire