Notices
Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

I think I have a electrical issue

Old 10/6/14, 10:06 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think I have a electrical issue

So, a couple weeks ago, I got in my car to go to work and I noticed my radio was on AM, my clock was off, and I usually keep my info on miles to e and it was on Avg mpg. When I tried to start it, it didn't want to start. I had the battery tested and the guy said it fine.

One day since then, I was listening to the radio and there was a popping sound and the music stopped for a sec then it came back on.

Today, my radio did that again and my info was changed again. But when I went to leave work tonight, I got in and everything was like it was suppose to be till I put my key in then everything died!! I couldn't get it to do anything. A couple minutes later the lights came back on and when I went to crank it acted like it didn't want to start. Of course my warranty expired in July and I start having issues with it. I'm so mad right now!!!! I'm going to call the dealership in the morning. I'm praying to all the gods that this isn't expensive!!!

Anybody have any ideas?!?
Old 10/6/14, 10:55 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 212 Likes on 145 Posts
I couldn't hazard a guess, but i sure hope it's nothing major Bad Girl. I know how frustrating unknown electrical or computer issues can be. My lincoln mkz had some of that once. Of course it would never act up at the dealership.

Maybe the NSA has a wire tap in your car.
Old 10/6/14, 11:37 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by DarrenGT
I couldn't hazard a guess, but i sure hope it's nothing major Bad Girl. I know how frustrating unknown electrical or computer issues can be. My lincoln mkz had some of that once. Of course it would never act up at the dealership. Maybe the NSA has a wire tap in your car.
Lol. Then they've heard some awful singing lol and I forgot I need to change my name on here. I'm not bad anymore lol

A lot of people are telling me it's my battery connection. I'm going to look at it tomorrow and I think I'll have auto zone check it again before I call Ford. Hopefully it cranks tomorrow, keep your fingers crossed lol
Old 10/7/14, 09:18 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by myponyandme
So, a couple weeks ago, I got in my car to go to work and I noticed my radio was on AM, my clock was off, and I usually keep my info on miles to e and it was on Avg mpg. When I tried to start it, it didn't want to start. I had the battery tested and the guy said it fine.

One day since then, I was listening to the radio and there was a popping sound and the music stopped for a sec then it came back on.

Today, my radio did that again and my info was changed again. But when I went to leave work tonight, I got in and everything was like it was suppose to be till I put my key in then everything died!! I couldn't get it to do anything. A couple minutes later the lights came back on and when I went to crank it acted like it didn't want to start. Of course my warranty expired in July and I start having issues with it. I'm so mad right now!!!! I'm going to call the dealership in the morning. I'm praying to all the gods that this isn't expensive!!!

Anybody have any ideas?!?
I was going to advise to have your dealer check it out as well, myponyandme. Let me know what they say.

Deysha
Old 10/7/14, 09:39 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Given what month it is...I'm certain your car is haunted.

But seriously...I forgot what year model you have. Possible SJB water issues? Has it been raining lately?
Old 10/7/14, 10:59 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by FordService
I was going to advise to have your dealer check it out as well, myponyandme. Let me know what they say. Deysha
I'm here now......waiting.

Originally Posted by stupidgenius36
Given what month it is...I'm certain your car is haunted. But seriously...I forgot what year model you have. Possible SJB water issues? Has it been raining lately?
It's a 12 3.7. It has rained but not a lot or anything.
Old 10/7/14, 12:02 PM
Mach 1 Member

They gave me a new battery. She said a weak battery can make stuff like that happen. So I guess we will see.

Thank you Deysha for asking

Last edited by myponyandme; 10/7/14 at 12:03 PM.
Old 10/8/14, 06:57 AM

I'm here now......waiting.
They gave me a new battery. She said a weak battery can make stuff like that happen. So I guess we will see.

Thank you Deysha for asking
You're very welcome, myponyandme! Glad this was taken care of for you.

Deysha
Old 10/9/14, 12:33 PM
Mach 1 Member

So I don't think it was the battery

I was leaving for work today and my remote wouldn't unlock the door, I used the key to unlock it and no lights came on, my car wouldn't start. A couple minutes later the lights came on and it started :/ I called my dealer, I'm taking it back in the morning. Hopefully it doesn't leave me at work tonight
Old 10/9/14, 05:30 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I was leaving for work today and my remote wouldn't unlock the door, I used the key to unlock it and no lights came on, my car wouldn't start. A couple minutes later the lights came on and it started :/ I called my dealer, I'm taking it back in the morning. Hopefully it doesn't leave me at work tonight
It could be bad Alternator or a fuse? Hopefully nothing big.
Old 10/9/14, 05:59 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Hmm... maybe a loose ground? Or loose connection to the fuse block? Or ecm is going crazy but that's not nearly as likely. Bad connection somewhere that must have come loose over time
Old 10/9/14, 10:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

I hope it's nothing big either. He did it again when I was leaving work. I waited 15 minutes and it didn't do anything. I slammed the door and my lights came on. Idk if it was coincidence or not. I don't like being mad at my baby hopefully they will find the cause tomorrow.
Old 10/10/14, 08:00 AM

Let me get this escalated to the customer service manager for your area, myponyandme. Please PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number.

Deysha
Old 10/10/14, 09:05 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by FordService
Let me get this escalated to the customer service manager for your area, myponyandme. Please PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number. Deysha
Thank you
Old 10/10/14, 09:44 AM
Mach 1 Member

I had them check the alternator this morning and that is not the problem. So I'm going to drop him off Monday. I'm not a happy camper
Old 10/10/14, 09:56 AM

Thank you
You're welcome, myponyandme!

Deysha
Old 10/10/14, 10:37 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
We had a guy come into our shop one time who had bought a new ford transit van and it wouldn't start all the time and it wasn't even a week old. The ground from the battery to a ground post on the firewall was tight but after looking closer the nut on the stud was cross threaded so it wasn't actually keeping it tight to the firewall causing it to act strange and sometimes not start
Old 10/10/14, 10:42 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by LivinTheStangLife
We had a guy come into our shop one time who had bought a new ford transit van and it wouldn't start all the time and it wasn't even a week old. The ground from the battery to a ground post on the firewall was tight but after looking closer the nut on the stud was cross threaded so it wasn't actually keeping it tight to the firewall causing it to act strange and sometimes not start
I really hope it's something simple like that. That would be great!! But I think it's my karma for **** talking the Chevy lovers at work :/ lol
Old 10/13/14, 11:40 AM
Mach 1 Member

Just dropped my baby off I hope they don't have him long. I miss him already.

But on a brighter note, I get to drive this today lol

I think I have a electrical issue-image-2843477733.jpg
Old 10/14/14, 06:43 AM

Just dropped my baby off I hope they don't have him long. I miss him already.

But on a brighter note, I get to drive this today lol
That’s pretty nice, myponyandme! I sent you a PM.

Deysha

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I think I have a electrical issue