Notices
Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

Front suspension noise on 2012 gt

Search this Thread

Old 7/21/13, 07:18 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by DEEPEARTH
Same thing here, we bought 2 2013 GT's have had them for less then a month, and both are clunking like crazy over bumps and when you engage the trans to move forward, we are trying to get the dealership where we are visiting right now to look at them, but for sure, it should be a recall, everyone's having the same issue. Sucks because we are from Texas and are working in Ohio, so i have to get a dealership to understand the problem here.
Originally Posted by jareali
I just purchased a new 2012 Mustang GT coupe last month (June, 2013, leftover) and I have the same squeaking noise. I was told by a dealer that since I only now have less than 1000 miles on the car, it needs to be broken in more. I sent a complaint to Ford and was told the same thing. Now I still have a 2008 Mustang GT convertible and I traded in a 2010 Mustang GT coupe for the new one and neither had or have the problem. Now I may not be the smartest guy but you can't tell me this is a "break in" issue. I'm taking it to another dealer this coming Friday. It is the same noise that I have read from other users. Going over a speed bump or a bumpy road the noise is very lous. Even the mechanic at the first dealer heard it and figured it was either bushings, sway bar or shocks. I really did not like the response from Ford.
Guys - welcome to the forum. There's been a recent update to this problem in the form of a new TSB, which you should share with your dealers: https://themustangsource.com/f726/re...squeak-522954/ If you have trouble, get in touch with Deysha, our Ford Customer Service rep on this site, and she'll do all she can to get it handled.
Old 7/23/13, 08:47 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by DEEPEARTH
Same thing here, we bought 2 2013 GT's have had them for less then a month, and both are clunking like crazy over bumps and when you engage the trans to move forward, we are trying to get the dealership where we are visiting right now to look at them, but for sure, it should be a recall, everyone's having the same issue. Sucks because we are from Texas and are working in Ohio, so i have to get a dealership to understand the problem here.
I just purchased a new 2012 Mustang GT coupe last month (June, 2013, leftover) and I have the same squeaking noise. I was told by a dealer that since I only now have less than 1000 miles on the car, it needs to be broken in more. I sent a complaint to Ford and was told the same thing. Now I still have a 2008 Mustang GT convertible and I traded in a 2010 Mustang GT coupe for the new one and neither had or have the problem. Now I may not be the smartest guy but you can't tell me this is a "break in" issue. I'm taking it to another dealer this coming Friday. It is the same noise that I have read from other users. Going over a speed bump or a bumpy road the noise is very lous. Even the mechanic at the first dealer heard it and figured it was either bushings, sway bar or shocks. I really did not like the response from Ford.
Originally Posted by kylerohde
Guys - welcome to the forum. There's been a recent update to this problem in the form of a new TSB, which you should share with your dealers: https://themustangsource.com/f726/re...squeak-522954/ If you have trouble, get in touch with Deysha, our Ford Customer Service rep on this site, and she'll do all she can to get it handled.
Hey guys,

As kylerohde mentioned, I also recommend you get them checked out at your dealer and speaking to your Service Manager about this. He/She is in the best position to look into this for you. He/she can check into any warranty, assistance, recalls, or Customer Satisfaction Programs that may apply to your vehicle. Let me know the outcome.

Deysha
Old 8/1/13, 05:15 PM
GT Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I finally took my car in to get the noise checked out and indeed it was the front LCA's. My dealer has ordered the parts though they are on national back order so it could be a month before they come in. I'll post my results after they get replaced.

On a side note, my dealership Bowen Scarff Ford in Kent WA has been great to deal with. I would recommend them to anyone in the Seattle area.
Old 8/1/13, 09:26 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just thought I'd add an update here. Finally got my LCAs replaced for my 12 GT. It took the dealer about a week to do this but my dealer (Malouf Ford NJ) is excellent. They gave me a 2010 fully loaded Fusion to drive while they had the car. I really like the Fusion. I travel a lot amd I always ask for one when I rent a car. We had a beautiful 2009 for almost a year until my daughter totaled it. She walked away and the car crumpled exactly as designed. I would definitely buy another and the new ones are much nicer both inside and out.
Old 8/2/13, 11:50 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by jp1seattle
I finally took my car in to get the noise checked out and indeed it was the front LCA's. My dealer has ordered the parts though they are on national back order so it could be a month before they come in. I'll post my results after they get replaced.
On a side note, my dealership Bowen Scarff Ford in Kent WA has been great to deal with. I would recommend them to anyone in the Seattle area.
Let me escalate this for you and see what we can do about this parts delay, jp1seattle. PM me with your dealer, VIN, mileage, full name, and best daytime number.

Originally Posted by redneb
Just thought I'd add an update here. Finally got my LCAs replaced for my 12 GT. It took the dealer about a week to do this but my dealer (Malouf Ford NJ) is excellent. They gave me a 2010 fully loaded Fusion to drive while they had the car. I really like the Fusion. I travel a lot amd I always ask for one when I rent a car. We had a beautiful 2009 for almost a year until my daughter totaled it. She walked away and the car crumpled exactly as designed. I would definitely buy another and the new ones are much nicer both inside and out.
Thank you for sharing, redneb! Glad to learn your daughter walked away fine.

Deysha
Old 4/22/19, 08:52 PM
GT Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Suspension / strut noise

Originally Posted by FordService
Hello 2012CandyRedGT,

Welcome to the forum! My name is Deysha with Ford Service. I’d like to escalate this for you. Please PM me with your VIN, mileage, full name, best daytime number, and dealer so I can escalate this to the Customer Service Manager for your area.

Deysha
I bought my mustang from Folsom Lake Ford in California last year used ... one owner / 10,000 miles....now it has 17,000....car runs great except ever since I've owned it sounds like the struts are making noise when slowly going over speed bumps .....I thought maybe it would auto away after the car had been driven more....they seem to be working ok....but considering the mileage & what I paid for it....I should not be hearing the suspension since I baby the car, never abuse it....I did purchase the extended warranty....I would like 4 new struts....Rick.....916 240 4999
Old 4/22/19, 09:13 PM
GT Member

Any expierience or suggestions appreciated.....

Hello 2012CandyRedGT,

Welcome to the forum! My name is Deysha with Ford Service. I’d like to escalate this for you. Please PM me with your VIN, mileage, full name, best daytime number, and dealer so I can escalate this to the Customer Service Manager for your area.

Deysha
Low mileage / one owner.....car runs great like new....except suspension noise....sounds like cheap factory struts.?
Old 4/22/19, 09:24 PM
GT Member

Hello guys,

Please PM me with your dealer, VIN, mileage, full name, and best daytime number so I can escalate this to the Customer Service Manager for your area.

Deysha
My Vin# 1ZVBP8CF4C5216795....Mileage is 17,000....Rick Gonzalez....Cell # 916 240 4999
Old 4/22/19, 10:03 PM
GT Member

Sounds like junk *** cheap parts....

Older cars better quality....
Old 5/3/21, 06:44 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I recently purchased a 2008 Mustang 4.0 Coupe Deluxe for my daughter's first car. It had 115k miles on it. From the Carfax and my personal inspection, it has turned out to be exactly what I was hoping it to be, an all original car that had no history of major mechanical issues. It was just driven by previous owners who had to do nothing to it. I wanted to be the one who performed the first maintenance on it. It had the original serpentine belt, spark plugs, fuel filter filled with very dark brown mirk, totally flat shocks, springs and struts, cloth seats, complete with drivers side hole in the lower outside back rest and totally glazed over headlights. In other words, a perfect car that had never been messed with by a wannabe teen age mechanic.

This forum helped me find the "clunk" in the front end. I read where someone suggested that the fastest, easiest and cheapest first step in the process of elimination is to remove the front stabilizer bar. I removed it and wa-la...no more clunk. Someone had placed a plastic shim behind the passenger side mounting clamp in an attempt to stop the "clunk." That was the first and only shade tree fix that the car had. New bushings are on the way.