Notices
Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

Front suspension noise on 2012 gt

Search this Thread

Old 9/6/12, 06:43 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Will3212
I took my car in for this issue for the 4th repair attempt in a year this morning. The manager told me Ford has new updated control arms with new part numbers. He ordered them and said they'll be released the end of this month. He'll call me when the new parts get in
Please stay in contact with your CSM, Will3212. He’s more than willing to help in any way he can.

Deysha
Old 9/7/12, 10:09 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I got a call this morning from the service manager and he told me the control arms are in. Right now I have the B series control arms, I'll most likely get the updated C series control arms. For the people with the C control arms, has the squeak come back or are they a permanent fix?
Old 9/7/12, 10:25 AM

I got a call this morning from the service manager and he told me the control arms are in. Right now I have the B series control arms, I'll most likely get the updated C series control arms. For the people with the C control arms, has the squeak come back or are they a permanent fix?
I had the C series control arms installed on my 2013 GT on August 30th, and so far, everything is OK. If the noise returns, I'll be sure to let everyone know on here.
Old 9/7/12, 10:38 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by MATTYHOU
I had the C series control arms installed on my 2013 GT on August 30th, and so far, everything is OK. If the noise returns, I'll be sure to let everyone know on here.
try to see if the noise returns on a hot day (90 degree+) and after driving for 40 minutes. Go over a speed bump with the windows closed so you hear any noise clear. This is the condition where the creak/squeak is loudest.
Old 9/10/12, 02:34 PM
Bullitt Member

I just picked up my car from the dealer after the LCA installation. The Part number changed to C. So far there is no noise, but now my steering is not aligned. When I drive straight the steering wheel pulls to the left. I told my dealer and they said a wheel alignment is not covered by warranty and I'd have to pay $180 for a wheel alignment. A wheel alignment is what the car needs right?
Old 9/10/12, 05:36 PM
Mach 1 Member

I just picked up my car from the dealer after the LCA installation. The Part number changed to C. So far there is no noise, but now my steering is not aligned. When I drive straight the steering wheel pulls to the left. I told my dealer and they said a wheel alignment is not covered by warranty and I'd have to pay $180 for a wheel alignment. A wheel alignment is what the car needs right?
Why are they charging you? If the lca's worked the first time, you wouldn't have needed an alignment. They should have given it back to you properly aligned.
Old 9/10/12, 10:26 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by mikeyt03
Why are they charging you? If the lca's worked the first time, you wouldn't have needed an alignment. They should have given it back to you properly aligned.
they said cause it's a TSB not a recall. The TSB doesn't call for an alignment
Old 9/11/12, 07:55 AM

they said cause it's a TSB not a recall. The TSB doesn't call for an alignment
I asked the same question when I had the "C" LCAs installed because I had read about others having alignment problems after their LCAs were replaced, and I was told the same thing as you - "it's not called for by the TSB." So far, though, I haven't noticed any alignment problems.
Old 9/13/12, 02:19 PM

try to see if the noise returns on a hot day (90 degree+) and after driving for 40 minutes. Go over a speed bump with the windows closed so you hear any noise clear. This is the condition where the creak/squeak is loudest.
So far, so good on mine (I have a 1+ hour commute each way, and it's almost always 90+ here).

Has the sound come back for you after having the "C" series LCAs installed? Any luck with your alignment issues?
Old 9/18/12, 03:24 PM
Bullitt Member

So far, so good on mine (I have a 1+ hour commute each way, and it's almost always 90+ here).

Has the sound come back for you after having the "C" series LCAs installed? Any luck with your alignment issues?
I payed a shop $85 for a computerized alignment, it sucks but what can I do? the dealer won't do it. If they were nice they would but they wouldn't. It has been colder here in NYC 70 degree+ and the noise has not returned. Keep me posted weather the noise returns or not on yours.
Old 9/30/12, 07:08 PM
Bullitt Member

So after driving home from work in 70 degree weather, I went over a speed bump slowly and heard the creak but very faint. I stopped to get gas, then went over another speed bump and the creak wasn't there. When I heard the creak the first time it wasn't loud, it was a quiet creak. Same creak noise as before just very faint. How are yours doing?
Old 10/2/12, 09:28 AM

Sounds like it's about the same as yours. Last Thursday, Sept. 27th, it appeared to start returning and has continued off and on since. But, as you described, it's a relatively faint creak - not as loud as before (yet).
Old 10/2/12, 11:54 AM
Bullitt Member

Sounds like it's about the same as yours. Last Thursday, Sept. 27th, it appeared to start returning and has continued off and on since. But, as you described, it's a relatively faint creak - not as loud as before (yet).
These C control arms are going to creak loud like before in the future. What you planning to do? I'm planning to take it back to the dealer for a 5th repair.
Old 10/2/12, 12:19 PM

I agree. It's just a matter of time as far as I see it before we're back at square one.

I made a call to the service director at the dealership today, who is supposed to call me back with a recommendation. Presently, I plan on taking it back in for another repair after I confirm whether any "new" redesigns are coming down the pike. At this point, I have very very little hope of a "fix."

Otherwise, I'm an attorney and I will pursue all available remedies should that prove necessary.
Old 10/2/12, 02:52 PM
Bullitt Member

I agree. It's just a matter of time as far as I see it before we're back at square one.

I made a call to the service director at the dealership today, who is supposed to call me back with a recommendation. Presently, I plan on taking it back in for another repair after I confirm whether any "new" redesigns are coming down the pike. At this point, I have very very little hope of a "fix."

Otherwise, I'm an attorney and I will pursue all available remedies should that prove necessary.
You think Ford will buy back the car after a 5th repair? I mean the lemon law requires 4 repair attempts within 2 years of buying a new car. I'm already there after going in for another repair. Ford will argue that it's just a minor squeak, but we know it's a loud creak that ruins the driving experience of a brand new car.
Old 10/2/12, 04:03 PM

You think Ford will buy back the car after a 5th repair? I mean the lemon law requires 4 repair attempts within 2 years of buying a new car. I'm already there after going in for another repair. Ford will argue that it's just a minor squeak, but we know it's a loud creak that ruins the driving experience of a brand new car.
I agree with you, but I really don't know what Ford may or may not be willing to do voluntarily. Time will tell.

As an update, though, my dealership is now telling me that Ford CS reports that the "C" series LCAs are fixing the problem and they want me to bring my car back in to the dealership for a full diagnostic evaluation of the chassis, etc., to see if anything else is causing the problem. I definitely have my doubts. What do you think?
Old 10/3/12, 06:06 AM

i also have part C on my car . has been about 2 weeks now . i have also heard a low squeak . i am waiting for my shifter to get here before i call the dealer again .

part C is better than the last one i had it lasted 3 days ...
Old 10/3/12, 07:41 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
So after driving home from work in 70 degree weather, I went over a speed bump slowly and heard the creak but very faint. I stopped to get gas, then went over another speed bump and the creak wasn't there. When I heard the creak the first time it wasn't loud, it was a quiet creak. Same creak noise as before just very faint.
Originally Posted by FL_ray_2012gt
i also have part C on my car . has been about 2 weeks now . i have also heard a low squeak . i am waiting for my shifter to get here before i call the dealer again .
part C is better than the last one i had it lasted 3 days ...
Hey guys,

Please let me know if you’d like me to re-escalate this for you.

Deysha
Old 10/3/12, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by FordCustomerService
Hey guys,

Please let me know if you’d like me to re-escalate this for you.

Deysha
Please do so urgently, Deysha. I've also sent you a PM.
Old 10/3/12, 09:49 AM
Currently a Corvette Owner!

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts
Hi, dumb question please. Many of you seem to have 12 & 13. Do you know of this issue occurring with 2011s?

Quick Reply: Front suspension noise on 2012 gt