Notices
Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

Is Ford Service Up Here? Help!

Search this Thread

Old 12/16/14, 02:10 PM
GT Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Is Ford Service Up Here? Help!

Just took our 2014 GT in for oil change, they are telling us our clutch has excessive wear as if we are riding the clutch. WE ARE NOT RIDING THE CLUTCH.

I found this online from someone:

"u need to tell them if there is a problem with the clutch not disengaging you are going to have some burn on the clutch material..Dont let them screw you ,,I had a rnger with that problem and the springs (fingers) a couple was broke and it also burnt the clutch a little,,they probably know that and going to try to make you pay for the clutch.."

I would like to know whether that could be happening here. We BABY this car. No way we are RIDING THE CLUTCH>

THX
Tom
Old 12/16/14, 02:15 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
how did they come to the conclusion that the clutch has a issue? I do not think they removed and inspected the clutch during the oil change.
Old 12/16/14, 02:34 PM
GT Member

They were doing a service check, and felt that the clutch was way to soft. They said for 18,000 miles it should be much firmer. They said us "riding the clutch" could cause it, but they would not know until we could drop it off for the day and have them take it apart.

Way too soon for a new clutch!
Old 12/17/14, 07:13 AM
GT Member

BUMP

Also, for a year before we had this car, we had a V6 Mustang manual and had no such clutch problems....so again, it isn't our driving.
Old 12/17/14, 07:30 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
OK, do you have a problem with the clutch, or just the guy that changed your oil?

Either way, it's under warranty, have them look at it all they want since you're not paying.
Old 12/17/14, 07:34 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Joeywhat
OK, do you have a problem with the clutch, or just the guy that changed your oil?

Either way, it's under warranty, have them look at it all they want since you're not paying.
Yes he said "Bring it back when you can leave it for the day" as they would have to take it apart, etc, and find out what was causing the "burnt clutch" at 18,000 miles in. This is ridiculous. Been driving sticks all our lives with no "burnt clutches" .......
Old 12/17/14, 09:42 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by oceantracks
Just took our 2014 GT in for oil change, they are telling us our clutch has excessive wear as if we are riding the clutch. WE ARE NOT RIDING THE CLUTCH. ...

I would like to know whether that could be happening here. We BABY this car. No way we are RIDING THE CLUTCH>

THX
Thank you for the PM, oceantracks. I sent you a response.

Deysha
Old 12/17/14, 10:23 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by oceantracks
Yes he said "Bring it back when you can leave it for the day" as they would have to take it apart, etc, and find out what was causing the "burnt clutch" at 18,000 miles in. This is ridiculous. Been driving sticks all our lives with no "burnt clutches" .......
Well, if they're going to fix it under warranty then who cares? You get a fresh clutch after 18k, or they may find something else as the culprit. There could be a manufacturing defect causing the issue. Things happen, it's not the end of the world.

If they expect you to pay then don't bother.
Old 12/19/14, 11:22 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by Joeywhat
OK, do you have a problem with the clutch, or just the guy that changed your oil? Either way, it's under warranty, have them look at it all they want since you're not paying.
Pretty sure a clutch is a wear item so not automatically covered under warranty...