Notices
Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

clicking noise from driver side rear wheel area

Search this Thread

Old 5/27/11, 05:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
clicking noise from driver side rear wheel area

I did a search but was not able to find anything so here goes. My wife has a 2011 convertible there is a clicking noise coming from the left rear wheel it is a DUB edition and has the 20" wheels. I checked the lug nuts and for rocks in the tires any other things I can check before going to the dealer?
Thanks
Robert
Old 5/28/11, 10:01 AM
Cobra Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Sounds like a visit to the dealer. It could be anything from a stuck/sticky caliper, to a bad wheel bearing. I would get it in as soon as possible. I have never had a rear bearing go, but I have had bad front bearings, and they do make a clicking noise.
Old 5/29/11, 12:22 AM
V6 Member

I hear clicking noise from my passenger side front seat... i mentioned that to my dealer when i got my air leaking noise fixed on my 2011 mustang and the manager said she ordered the part and will take about a week or so.. so now i'm waiting..
Old 5/31/11, 09:03 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by race red 11 mca
I did a search but was not able to find anything so here goes. My wife has a 2011 convertible there is a clicking noise coming from the left rear wheel it is a DUB edition and has the 20" wheels. I checked the lug nuts and for rocks in the tires any other things I can check before going to the dealer?
Thanks
Robert
Hi Robert,

I recommend you bring it in to your Ford dealer and get it diagnosed. You can also message me with your dealer, VIN, mileage, and contact info if you need further assistance.

Deysha
Old 6/4/11, 09:55 AM

we took the car to the dealer we purchased the car from they found a nail in the tire, and put a plug in the tire (If they would have called I would have gladly paid to have the tire fixed right) sound still there took the car to another dealer they removed the rear wheel and tire and found several wheel weights had been dropped in, not sure how or why that happened but it is fixed, still upset about the tire plug though.
Robert
Old 6/4/11, 11:58 AM
Cobra Member

we took the car to the dealer we purchased the car from they found a nail in the tire, and put a plug in the tire (If they would have called I would have gladly paid to have the tire fixed right) sound still there took the car to another dealer they removed the rear wheel and tire and found several wheel weights had been dropped in, not sure how or why that happened but it is fixed, still upset about the tire plug though.
Robert

You mean they found wheel weights inside the tire when they dismounted it from the wheel?
Old 6/4/11, 02:11 PM

^^John, Yes sir, quite a few they said. Im surprised they did not tear up the wheel or sensor inside the wheel.
Robert
Old 6/4/11, 09:17 PM
Cobra Member

^^John, Yes sir, quite a few they said. Im surprised they did not tear up the wheel or sensor inside the wheel.
Robert

Robert, sure sounds like a disgruntled worker on the line. I wonder how many more are out there like that? The second dealer looks like the go to guy from now on. At least he took the time to look at all aspects and how is it the first dealer missed finding them while putting the plug in...

Glad it was cleared up.

Last edited by SD CALSPCL; 6/4/11 at 09:22 PM.
Old 6/5/11, 06:38 AM

The car is a DUB package so I'm not sure who mounted the wheels and tires, the assembly was done at Roush, and it has a lot of cool Roush parts on it. Hopefully there are no other issues my wife really likes the car.
Robert
Old 6/9/11, 08:26 PM

Hey guys, just joined this forum. to add to this thread, i have a 2011 DUB as well that my wife drives and she came in complaining of a vibration in the car. i just drove it down the road and back to my shop, jacked it up as it feels like it lost a wheel weight and it sounds like at least 3 of the tires are full of marbles?? Maybe more wheel weight??
Old 6/9/11, 09:06 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 2011 DUB
Hey guys, just joined this forum. to add to this thread, i have a 2011 DUB as well that my wife drives and she came in complaining of a vibration in the car. i just drove it down the road and back to my shop, jacked it up as it feels like it lost a wheel weight and it sounds like at least 3 of the tires are full of marbles?? Maybe more wheel weight??
I have heard this from another member but can't remember who. Had a few wheel weights rattling around in there... :-p
Old 6/10/11, 08:09 AM
Mach 1 Member

This is very strange . . . it would have to be an intentional act to get wheel weights inside the tire during mounting. If these were my cars I would be pissed and want answers. Maybe a call to FCS could help figure out who mounted/balanced the wheels. My guess is they are ordered from somewhere else and shipped in for assembly.
Old 6/10/11, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by 2011 DUB
There were "several" (dealer did not say exactly how many were there)in the rear wheel it sounded like a playing card in bicycle spokes