Notices
Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

Brembo wheel paint defect.

Old 5/9/11, 07:28 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brembo wheel paint defect.

Found this yesterday. Looks like curb rash, but its smooth as glass and appears to be under the clear. WTF is with Fords quality people?

Old 5/9/11, 07:58 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Take it in. They should replace the wheel.
Old 5/10/11, 07:18 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by ZXMustang
Found this yesterday. Looks like curb rash, but its smooth as glass and appears to be under the clear. WTF is with Fords quality people?

Hi ZXMustang,

My name is Deysha from Ford Customer Service. Have you brought this up to your dealer’s attention? If not, please contact your dealer as soon as possible. Also, I would like to see how I can help as well. Please message me with your VIN, mileage, contact info, and dealer.

Deysha
Old 5/10/11, 07:51 PM
GT Member

Deysha is ont top of it again. She's everywhere.
Old 5/10/11, 10:12 PM
Mach 1 Member

Deysha youre definitely a hero on this forum
Old 5/10/11, 10:15 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by FordCustomerService
Hi ZXMustang,

My name is Deysha from Ford Customer Service. Have you brought this up to your dealer’s attention? If not, please contact your dealer as soon as possible. Also, I would like to see how I can help as well. Please message me with your VIN, mileage, contact info, and dealer.

Deysha
Thanks for the assistance, but I am already working with another Ford rep on the other issues I have with the car. This is really the least of my worries.
Old 5/11/11, 09:08 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by ZXMustang
Thanks for the assistance, but I am already working with another Ford rep on the other issues I have with the car. This is really the least of my worries.
I agree, I also have the same exact thing on one of my wheels. I thought it was someone else that did it since I have never done it. I didn't know what to do and it's been 9 months so I left it as is. It's pretty ugly but now that you have it as well, makes me thing it was from ford.
Old 5/26/11, 06:17 AM
GTR Member

I have similar marks on all four of my wheels. I will be talking with the dealer tomorrow when I go in for an oil change and service and see what my wheel & tire warranty covers.
Old 6/6/11, 10:15 AM

Brembo Brake Wheels

I have a '11 Mustang with the Brembo Brake package and wheels. I have 7400 miles on the vehicle. Yesterday while cleaning the wheels I noticed a crack completely across the wheel. I took it to the dealer and he took a picture of it and sent it to Ford. Ford is taking a position that impact caused the crack, the service rep advised Ford there was no sign of impact on the wheel, we are appealing the decision. The wheel costs $1600. Anybody else with any cracking problems. I am worried about the three other wheels. Or course I will take Ford to small claims court if they don't warrant the wheel.
Old 6/6/11, 08:45 PM
Cobra Member

Bahaha $1600 for a wheel...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Facto...Q5fAccessories

Or a full set:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Facto...Q5fAccessories
Old 6/7/11, 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by GBWerby
I have a '11 Mustang with the Brembo Brake package and wheels. I have 7400 miles on the vehicle. Yesterday while cleaning the wheels I noticed a crack completely across the wheel. I took it to the dealer and he took a picture of it and sent it to Ford. Ford is taking a position that impact caused the crack, the service rep advised Ford there was no sign of impact on the wheel, we are appealing the decision. The wheel costs $1600. Anybody else with any cracking problems. I am worried about the three other wheels. Or course I will take Ford to small claims court if they don't warrant the wheel.
Hello GBWerby,

I would like to look into this for you as well. Could you please message me with your dealer, VIN and contact info?

Deysha
Old 6/7/11, 08:49 AM
GTR Member

Deysha,

I purchased a wheel & tire warranty from my dealer. Is that something Ford offers or is it a dealer-specific plan? Also, if it's something Ford offers, can you post the details of the warranty in a .pdf so I can have a copy on file? Thanks in advance.
Old 6/7/11, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by Overboost
Deysha,

I purchased a wheel & tire warranty from my dealer. Is that something Ford offers or is it a dealer-specific plan? Also, if it's something Ford offers, can you post the details of the warranty in a .pdf so I can have a copy on file? Thanks in advance.
Hey Overboost,

No, this is something your dealer offers. You can contact the company on the paperwork and get the details from them. They should be able to mail you a copy of all of the stipulations.

Deysha
Old 6/9/11, 05:06 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by GBWerby
The wheel costs $1600.
They looked up the wrong wheel. The Brembo wheel is not forged and is $643.75/ea, the SVTPP is $1600 each front, and $1900 eaach rear. I looked them up myself before Ford released the SVTPP wheels to Ford Racing.
Old 7/10/12, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by FordCustomerService
Hi ZXMustang,

Deysha

I'm having the same wheel paint issue. I first noticed similar streaks like the picture above a few months ago on two wheels. Within a few weeks, all four were showing paint coming off in little bits all around. Inside the spokes, on the outside, and now even in the edge between the tire and the wheel. I took it in to my Ford dealer and the service rep agreed it didn't look right, took pictures and submitted them to Ford. He called me back and said he needed to take additional pictures as the ones submitted weren't good enough. I brought it back and he took more pictures and then called me to say Ford was not going to cover it because it appeared to them (from the pictures) that I had hit something. I have not hit anything and think it's odd that the service rep in person, physically examining and touching the wheels, did not think I hit something (again, this is all four wheels too), but that after analyzing photos emailed in, it was determined that I had and so they are denying my claim. My service rep said to elevate it to Ford Customer Service who I called, and who told me they opened a case and referred it back to the Dealer service manager. The Service manager said there's nothing he can do because it was denied at Ford Digital Imaging.

Any suggestions?
Thanks!
Old 7/10/12, 09:38 AM
Mach 1 Member

On my hood there is what appears to be a fingerprint / smudge under the clear coat, but it's barely noticeable and I consider it a beauty mark - virtually no vehicle will leave the line completely unscathed.
Old 7/10/12, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by Kinyodas
On my hood there is what appears to be a fingerprint / smudge under the clear coat, but it's barely noticeable and I consider it a beauty mark - virtually no vehicle will leave the line completely unscathed.

Yeah, I've got those sorts of things going too. Annoying, but hey, what can you do? And cars get rock chips, etc and you live with them. Unfortunately, this is getting worse quickly and will soon definitely not be "barely noticable" It's as if the paint is evaporating off the wheels. I don't put this in the same category. I did a search and found a few other forums with people having issues with the Brembo wheel paint. Here's one example: http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/f358/t297228/
Old 7/10/12, 02:41 PM
GTR Member

Ford, if you're reading this, sell touch-up paint for your wheels!
Old 7/11/12, 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by GrandMasterB
I'm having the same wheel paint issue. I first noticed similar streaks like the picture above a few months ago on two wheels. Within a few weeks, all four were showing paint coming off in little bits all around. Inside the spokes, on the outside, and now even in the edge between the tire and the wheel.
Hey GrandMasterB,

Please PM me with your dealer and the best daytime number for you, so I can look into this for you.

Originally Posted by Overboost
Ford, if you're reading this, sell touch-up paint for your wheels!
Overboost, you can submit your idea to Ford Social.

Deysha
Old 7/16/12, 08:01 PM

Thanks Deysha! Sent you a note--I appreciate it!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Brembo wheel paint defect.