Notices
Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

Anyone have info on the lemon law car inspection from BBB Auto Line?

Search this Thread

Old 9/11/14, 01:08 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone have info on the lemon law car inspection from BBB Auto Line?

Sadly I had to start the lemon law process with my car. I love the car, but hate all the constant issues with it.

Next week the BBB Auto Line arbitrator is going to inspect my car and road test it. I was told that I cannot talk to them

For anyone that has done this - do you know what the arbitrator goes into the inspection with? Do they know the outstanding issues or do they go in blind? The BBB Auto Line site doesn't detail that much of this part of the process

I understand that they need to remain impartial which is why they don't want you talking to them...but it seems like giving some information would help. For example, one of my outstanding issues is my front end creak (I've had my lower control arms replaced several times already, fixes it for a few months, then back to creaking). It happens in many circumstances, but you can reproduce it 90% of the time going over speed bumps slowly. But if their drive doesn't happen to go over any speed bumps, they may not even notice it

For funsies here is my service log:
Name:  WOsGFJf.png
Views: 40
Size:  141.2 KB
Old 9/11/14, 01:41 PM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts
I have been through this a couple times. Yea it sucked. I live in Florida and I am told that all states have a little bit different laws on this.

You file after 3 times for same repair. Then they will look at the car. Usually they give the Manufacturer one more chance to repair the car. The Manufacturer will either make the repair attempt of Buy the car back. That way the car does not become a Lemon law statistic and can be sold again.

Both of mine had mechanical issues. I keep editing this as I re read your OP. They will have to duplicate the issues.

In both my cases they bought the car back.

Stay Firm but real professional. Honey always get more!!!

Good Luck

Last edited by Jazzman442; 9/11/14 at 01:45 PM.
Old 9/14/14, 12:27 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Please keep us updated. I'm very interested to see how this turns out.
Old 9/15/14, 10:42 AM
GT Member

Went to the inspection today. It was pretty straight forward:
- BBB Arbitrator and another person (can't remember her title, but she was the one I could speak with) came out and got a list of all aftermarket items
- We all got in and I drove along roads that the other lady directed me through

While the roads were a good mix of conditions, sadly neither of the two repeat issues happened It didn't help that it was cold (upper 50s) and rainy today (luckily rain stopped for our drive) and both get worse when it's warmer out (70F+ it seems)

I also received a settlement offer from Ford over the weekend - they want another chance to fix the issues and offered a small "goodwill reimbursement." I haven't heard from my attorney relating to it, I assume they just saw it today.

Edit: Small update, got a notification from UPS that BBB is overnighting a package to me...curious what it is

Last edited by SkyyPunk; 9/15/14 at 03:19 PM.
Old 9/19/14, 11:40 AM
GT Member

BBB denied the request. On to phase two!

Edit: Forgot to mention - the overnight package had driving instructions to get to the BBB location for the inspection... though they mailed it after the inspection took place :P

Last edited by SkyyPunk; 9/19/14 at 11:42 AM.
Old 9/21/14, 11:25 AM
GT Member

Got the details from BBB today about the denial. Their conclusion: "No documentary evidence supports the customer concerns were due to manufacturer defects. The last invoice for repair for both the noise from the front end and the dash rattle shows after the last repairs the vehicle was retested and found to be ok."

Which is funny because it seems most of the car has been defective at least once at some point :P The only thing I was worried about when buying it was the transmission (there were several complains around when I ordered). The only two things that seem to have been solid for me so far: Transmission and engine.

The next step with my attorney has started, so I can't discuss this any more until it's over

Last edited by SkyyPunk; 9/21/14 at 11:29 AM.
Old 9/21/14, 11:53 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SkyyPunk
Which is funny because it seems most of the car has been defective at least once at some point :P The only thing I was worried about when buying it was the transmission (there were several complains around when I ordered). The only two things that seem to have been solid for me so far: Transmission and engine.
This has been my experience too! Way to be aggressive about it. The BBB process sounds like a joke.