Notices
Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

2014 GT: NO GPS error

Old 1/12/17, 12:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 GT: NO GPS error

My 2014 GT now shows NO GPS on my nav screen at all times. The bezel diagnostics show me zero satellites wherever I am, so I presume that there is some issue with the antenna, whether connectivity or failure.

This started happening just after my local dealer replaced my rear decklid panel under warranty (had to do it twice because they messed up the first one). Any chance that this repair might have jostled the connection, or is that more likely a coincidence?

The car is no longer under warranty, barely (the decklid panel repair was done at a few hundred under 36K, and I am just a few hundred over 36K now).

If I can attribute this to a consequence of the warranty repair, that would be helpful. If there's something I could do myself that would be great.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 1/12/17, 07:33 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
They might have forgot to plug in your satellite antenna pig tail. Do you receive any signal from Sirius XM? if not then they probably forgot to plug in your antenna.

You can fix that by popping your trunk. Then removing the top cover from your trunk (This is just held on with a couple tree clips). That will then expose the wiring for your satellite antenna. should be a yellow plug.

That is the only thing I can think of if they were messing around with your trunk.

Let me know what you find.
The following users liked this post:
BigJake (1/12/17)
Old 1/12/17, 11:10 AM

I'll take a look inside and let you know what I see - I just need to get hold of a trim removal tool (unless there's an easy alternate method using a screwdriver or something? I've never pulled those tree clips before and don't want to break them).

Thanks!
Old 1/12/17, 11:42 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 1,153 Likes on 841 Posts
The underside of the trunk trim cover can be removed with a screwdriver. Pop the center out first, then the clip is easy to pull.
The following users liked this post:
BigJake (1/12/17)
Old 1/12/17, 11:39 PM

I got the trunk trim cover off and found the connection. All the connections looked secure and nothing weird in there. I unclipped and re-clipped the yellow connector, but still get the NO GPS error and no satellites found.

So, do you think it's a faulty antenna? Looks like I can buy a new one for around $40 and it looks like it would be easy to snap the old one out and the new one in - should I try that, or do you think it's something in the head unit/receiver?

Thanks again,
Jake
Old 1/13/17, 05:02 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by BigJake
I got the trunk trim cover off and found the connection. All the connections looked secure and nothing weird in there. I unclipped and re-clipped the yellow connector, but still get the NO GPS error and no satellites found.

So, do you think it's a faulty antenna? Looks like I can buy a new one for around $40 and it looks like it would be easy to snap the old one out and the new one in - should I try that, or do you think it's something in the head unit/receiver?

Thanks again,
Jake

Its hard to say at this point. But its weird because as far as I understand they only did work around your trunk. The antenna might be bad or it could be something completely different. I would bring it in to a dealership to get the problem found before dumping any money in it. You might be able to get them to do the repair for free, since this started happening after you brought it in for service. But its your call.
Old 1/13/17, 05:13 AM
legacy Tms Member MEMORIAL Rest In Peace 10/06/2021

Received 124 Likes on 100 Posts
If I took my Mustang to the dealer and my GPS stopped working after they worked on it, I would take it back to them and 'MAKE' them fix it

Search this Thread