Notices
Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

2013 Mustang Leaking Coolant

Search this Thread

Old 10/10/16, 04:35 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 537 Likes on 420 Posts
Originally Posted by 3point7
I don't know about axle seals but I do know that pinion seals are a common item to fail on the 8.8 axle. Mine failed at 32K. I had to argue with the dealership about whether or not it was a warranty claim. They refused to give me a rental / loaner until a mechanic verified that it was in fact a warranty claim. The kicker is that the mechanic doesn't verify its a warranty claim until after the repair is made. If the customer doesn't go back to the dealership and make an issue out of getting reimbursed for the rental car they will just forget to mention it. Really not going to miss either the car or the dealership. Both sucked and yes the Focus is still a giant POS. That was a car that could have been a serious contender against the Corolla and in typical Ford fashion they cut corners to the point that it just ended being a total disaster. I knew it was bad when my father road with me in the Focus one day so I could show him how bad the issues were with the vibrations and the rattling on this brand new car. This is a man that keeps cars for 10 to 12 years on average. After a ten minute ride all he had to say was "i would keep this piece of s**t." That's when you know it sucks. lol
Rental coverage is not part of Ford's bumper-to-bumper or powertrain warranties.
Only their ESP covers rental, and even then, first-day coverage is an option.
So if you didn't have one of their extended warranties to cover the rental and the dealership still covered it for you, they actually did you a favor, regardless of whether you had to "make an issue out of getting reimbursed for the rental car"
Old 10/10/16, 10:04 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Gabe
Rental coverage is not part of Ford's bumper-to-bumper or powertrain warranties.
Only their ESP covers rental, and even then, first-day coverage is an option.
So if you didn't have one of their extended warranties to cover the rental and the dealership still covered it for you, they actually did you a favor, regardless of whether you had to "make an issue out of getting reimbursed for the rental car"
$2200 for an extended warranty. Still got treated like crap, because crap product, crap dealer, crap company.