Notices
Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

2013 GT Radio LCD Display - Recognize This?

Search this Thread

Old 11/8/13, 09:49 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by mfc133
Just got this taken care of at the dealer, also had the "pull door handle two times to open" fixed.

Here are the Ford SSMs that address these:

SSM44226-FDIM DISPLAY DISTORTED
SSM44237-OUTER DOOR HANDLE NOT OPENING ON FIRST PULL
Thank you for the update, mfc133!

Deysha
Old 11/11/13, 05:22 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
My cover is messed up and is spreading. I took it to my local Ford dealer and they took pictures and sent them to Ford. Got the word today that warranty is denied due to the fact that they said something hit the screen. That is BS because I bought this car new with 38 miles on it and I have never hit it. My screen is not actually on the Radio itself but on the plastic plate that covers the radio and has the radio controls and heating and air controls on it. Here is a picture of mine.

Name:  065_zpsc4dcf6c5.jpg
Views: 735
Size:  53.6 KB
Old 11/11/13, 08:01 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by 70monte
My cover is messed up and is spreading. I took it to my local Ford dealer and they took pictures and sent them to Ford. Got the word today that warranty is denied due to the fact that they said something hit the screen. That is BS because I bought this car new with 38 miles on it and I have never hit it. My screen is not actually on the Radio itself but on the plastic plate that covers the radio and has the radio controls and heating and air controls on it. Here is a picture of mine.
Give it some time for it to spread over the entire screen, once it does they can't claim it was from a physical impact.
Old 11/12/13, 08:42 AM

Hi 70monte,

You’re more than welcome to get a second opinion at a different Ford Dealer. I’d also like to review this for you. Please PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number.

Deysha
Old 11/13/13, 03:30 PM
Mach 1 Member

Deysha,
Thanks for your help. I will contact the person that tried to call me from Ford today and see what happens. I appreciate your help.

Wayne
Old 11/14/13, 07:22 AM

Deysha,
Thanks for your help. I will contact the person that tried to call me from Ford today and see what happens. I appreciate your help.
You're very welcome, 70monte!

Deysha
Old 11/14/13, 09:56 PM
Mach 1 Member

Well, I called the Ford customer Rep guy today and told him my issue. He tried to find the pictures that the dealer supposedly took but said he could not find them where pictures are usually sent and kept. He was going to call the dealer and find out who had supposedly sent them and when. He said he couldn't find any record of anyone from the dealership sending anything to Ford. I'm now kind of wondering if they even sent the pictures anywhere or talked to anyone at Ford about this. Maybe the dealership just denied my claim because it was the service manager's opinion that the screen had been hit.

I hope this is not the case because I don't want to have to find another dealership to deal with on any future issues. Of course, if that is how they do business than maybe I'm better off not using them.

I've not heard anything from the dealership yet so I don't know what will happen next. I guess it's now just wait and see.

Wayne
Old 11/15/13, 09:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I've had good luck in that kind of situation when I write up a summary of what has happened to that point, and hand-deliver it to the service manager. No accusations, "just clarifying how I see it." At the bottom of the page I note "cc: regional customer service and headquarters customer service." (official language for those functionaries)

Everyone in a large organization is impressed with documentation, and that their superiors are likely to be aware of everyone's actions with regard to the "concern". Documentation includes names, dates, content of conversations.
Old 11/16/13, 07:37 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by frank s
I've had good luck in that kind of situation when I write up a summary of what has happened to that point, and hand-deliver it to the service manager. No accusations, "just clarifying how I see it." At the bottom of the page I note "cc: regional customer service and headquarters customer service." (official language for those functionaries)

Everyone in a large organization is impressed with documentation, and that their superiors are likely to be aware of everyone's actions with regard to the "concern". Documentation includes names, dates, content of conversations.
It may come to that. I still have not heard back from anyone at this point. I will wait until next week to give them some time to do what they need to do. I kind of get the impression that since I didn't buy the car at their dealership, they don't want to do very much for me. I'm hoping that since Deysha has been on this post and is aware that other people are having similar problems, that Ford will believe me when I say that the screen has not been hit and that they will replace it under warranty.

I don't want to **** the dealer off at this point but if I find out that they really didn't send the pictures or even contact Ford about my issue, that may change.

Wayne
Old 11/20/13, 03:45 PM
Mach 1 Member

Well, I talked to the Ford customer service guy today and they denied my warranty claim based on the fact that the service manager feels it is non-warrantable damage that was caused by being hit and that they are going with the service manager's opinion because he actually looked at the car.

Needless to say, I'm not happy with the service manager or Ford at the moment. I buy a $32,740 car and something goes wrong with that is not my fault and I am responsible for paying to fix it. The dealership pretty much has lost me as a future customer for service or parts.

The only other option the CS guy gave me was to take it to another dealer and see what they say. Of course even if the next guy says it's a warranty problem, why would they take his opinion over the first guy's opinion since my VIN is now on file for this problem. I might take it to another dealer at some point to get a second opinion but may wait for the problem to get worse and see if that makes a difference.

I did receive my piece of smoked acrylic from tapplastics.com so I will probably just fix this myself and not mess with the dealer at all.

Wayne
Old 11/21/13, 05:55 AM

Well, I talked to the Ford customer service guy today and they denied my warranty claim based on the fact that the service manager feels it is non-warrantable damage that was caused by being hit and that they are going with the service manager's opinion because he actually looked at the car.

The only other option the CS guy gave me was to take it to another dealer and see what they say. Of course even if the next guy says it's a warranty problem, why would they take his opinion over the first guy's opinion since my VIN is now on file for this problem. I might take it to another dealer at some point to get a second opinion but may wait for the problem to get worse and see if that makes a difference...
This has happened before, 70monte. Let me know if you decide to bring it in to a different Ford Dealer.

Deysha
Old 11/21/13, 03:31 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by FordService
This has happened before, 70monte. Let me know if you decide to bring it in to a different Ford Dealer.

Deysha

I will try and take it to another dealer tomorrow if I get time.

Wayne
Old 11/22/13, 06:26 AM

I will try and take it to another dealer tomorrow if I get time.
No problem. Keep me posted.

Deysha
Old 11/22/13, 02:30 PM
Mach 1 Member

Well, I got into my car to take it to another dealer today and it's the first time in two weeks that I've been into or driven the car and noticed that the damage to the screen has spread in various places to the other side of the screen.

I decide to run it by the first dealer I had taken it to to show them what it had done. The service manager looks at it and see's that it has spread but says he still believes it was hit and that he still won't change his mind. He said that if he sent the piece back to Ford, that they would make him pay for it.

I take it to another dealer about 20 miles away and tell them I'm there for a second opinion since that is what my Ford CS rep suggested I do. The service advisor takes my info and then goes and takes pictures of the car and the screen to send to Ford.

It will be next week before I hear anything. I guess we shall see how this goes the second time around. I took some pictures of the new damage but they didn't come out as good as the first one I took. Here they are.

Name:  005_zps87847afe.jpg
Views: 696
Size:  38.2 KB

Name:  004_zps7c940409.jpg
Views: 700
Size:  42.0 KB

Name:  003_zpsbcf820c9.jpg
Views: 731
Size:  38.6 KB

Name:  001_zpsefb245e7.jpg
Views: 717
Size:  41.7 KB
Wayne
Old 11/23/13, 12:04 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Mine had what appeared to be crystals formed like frost on it when I picked it up after being shipped to Europe. It didn't wipe off or thaw out and I had to use some elbow grease to get it off. Weird but not the end of the world. I guess I just feel like the little stuff like that isn't worth the time it would take me to get someone from Ford to pay to replace it. Micro scratches. Oh well.
Old 11/23/13, 10:18 AM
Mach 1 Member

Mine looks like what you describe. I doubt Ford will fix this under Warranty since they have already denied me. I was told to get a second opinion so that is what I did. No big deal. If they replace it, great. If they don't, I have a piece of tinted acrylic that I can replace it with.

My biggest thing about this whole deal is that I shouldn't have to pay for or fix myself something that is an obvious defect on a fairly new car that is under warranty.

Wayne
Old 11/24/13, 07:41 PM
Mach 1 Member

Here are some better pictures taken at night so there is no glare from the outside light. It also has spread since Friday when I took the pictures above and took it back to the dealer. I wish there was some way to send these to Ford since I bet they are better than what the Service advisor got on Friday.
Name:  001_zps71dd187f.jpg
Views: 696
Size:  63.6 KB
Name:  002_zps4cb5b426.jpg
Views: 712
Size:  72.3 KB
Name:  004_zps5de62c7a.jpg
Views: 777
Size:  90.2 KB
Name:  009_zps793aed03.jpg
Views: 704
Size:  86.2 KB
Old 11/24/13, 07:45 PM
Mach 1 Member

A couple more.
Name:  005_zps4c20697c.jpg
Views: 705
Size:  82.4 KB
Name:  006_zpsf66c02a4.jpg
Views: 707
Size:  111.5 KB
Old 12/4/13, 02:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LCD issue

Hi, everyone, I decided to post my issue here, I got my 2013 v6 pony package mustang a month ago, I hardly drive this car as its my baby, well I happen to hop in it today and saw my display screen and freaked. I found this thread, and was surprised to see a similar issue with others screens just by the pictures in this thread. FORD dealership is replacing it. so I will post an after picture, but my question is to the guys that had it fixed, did you noticed any damaged done to your console or vibration or looseness after it was replaced, I'm hoping this doesn't happen when it's replaced? anyhow I'll post the after pics tomorrow when I get the car.
Attached Images  
Old 12/4/13, 03:01 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by stephfer
but my question is to the guys that had it fixed, did you noticed any damaged done to your console or vibration or looseness after it was replaced
I wouldn't worry about it. Removing and installing the console and radio bezel is a simple affair, it's unlikely they'll reinstall it improperly.

Quick Reply: 2013 GT Radio LCD Display - Recognize This?