Notices
Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

2013 5.0 ticking noise after oil change ???

Search this Thread

Old 1/23/17, 07:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 5.0 ticking noise after oil change ???

hey guys, I just changed the oil in my stang for the first time since I got it. It had 9k on it when I got it and it has 17k now, I went with 5-20 mobile 1 full synthetic and a motocraft fl500s filter. I drove the car a little bit and I noticed its making a "ticking" sound on the drivers side only that seems louder near the bottom. Car still runs great but i'm very concerned because I am out of warranty and can't afford any major problems atm. Has anyone else had this happen? Is there a solution ?
Old 1/29/17, 03:26 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts
This is a pretty common deal - do some searching with the advanced search tool and you'll find lots of discussion. I haven't had the problem so don't remember the specifics but believe it's fairly common and not evidence of a serious problem.
Old 1/29/17, 06:44 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
I ran the same Mobil1 5w20 but with EP (Extended Performance) version Full-Syn with Motorcraft filter until got another oil change last week at the Ford dealership (Motorcraft 5w20, Syn-blend).

At some point, I had the best result using Mobil1 5w30 EP.

Unfortunately the car is still ticking, but I'm hoping to see improvement with 0w40 weight. Check thread: https://themustangsource.com/forums/...icking-537531/