Notices
'10-14 Interior and Audio Place to discuss 2010-2014 interior and audio type modifications.

Ford Sync makes me want to trade my GT

Search this Thread

Old 7/27/15, 01:09 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Ford Sync makes me want to trade my GT

Anyone else fed up with the sync system?

It is the most irritating part of my GT, it plays my iPod when it feels like it, jumps to fm radio when it feels like it, it just stops playing when it feels like it, it will state the usb device is not attached, when it is.
I had to change my wife's first name to spouse on my phone because it would not recognize her real name for phone calls.. I have given up trying to call anybody handsfree.

Im pretty fed up, so much so I sincerely doubt I will buy another Ford product that has this evil cantankerous device installed in it.
It's even more irritating that my wife's Infiniti has no such issues, recognizes my phone, plays my tunes via bluetooth without a hiccup. So I can only guess that the Infiniti electronic engineers are far superior in ability than Ford's.

When will auto makers wise up and dump microsoft software,

Sorry for the rant, but I like music and this car makes it very difficult to listen to an iPod or my phone. If I had known it was gonna be this bad, i would not have bought the car.

Thanks for reading
Old 7/27/15, 01:14 PM
Banned

Received 254 Likes on 230 Posts
This is why I insisted on ordering a 300A GT with jut 2 options I really wanted; track pack and recaro seats.

I have some experience with Sync from other vehicles, and decided it isn't worth the hassle.
Old 7/27/15, 01:21 PM
Bullitt Member

Amen to that.
Old 7/28/15, 04:18 PM
Ford In-Vehicle Technology Rep

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Mustang259
Anyone else fed up with the sync system?

It is the most irritating part of my GT, it plays my iPod when it feels like it, jumps to fm radio when it feels like it, it just stops playing when it feels like it, it will state the usb device is not attached, when it is.
I had to change my wife's first name to spouse on my phone because it would not recognize her real name for phone calls.. I have given up trying to call anybody handsfree.

Im pretty fed up, so much so I sincerely doubt I will buy another Ford product that has this evil cantankerous device installed in it.
It's even more irritating that my wife's Infiniti has no such issues, recognizes my phone, plays my tunes via bluetooth without a hiccup. So I can only guess that the Infiniti electronic engineers are far superior in ability than Ford's.

When will auto makers wise up and dump microsoft software,

Sorry for the rant, but I like music and this car makes it very difficult to listen to an iPod or my phone. If I had known it was gonna be this bad, i would not have bought the car.

Thanks for reading
Hi Mustang259,

I'd love to help improve your SYNC experience.

Try a master reset; the directions can be found here: http://owner.ford.com/how-tos/sync-t...-setup/how-to-

You can also check for SYNC updates here: https://owner.ford.com/tools/account...p-to-date.html

These options may help to resolve some of the issues you are experiencing.

Let me know how it goes.

Whitney
Old 7/29/15, 09:14 AM
V6 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I agree Microsoft is junk on computers and they have never made a mobile platform worth anything. I have owned their phones and tablets over the years. Will never buy another microsoft product.
Old 7/30/15, 07:42 AM
Bullitt Member

whitney, thanks for the input but Im kinda fed up with trying to fix it, I like things that work, not just when they want to, and the sync system is a big fail, it should be recalled or Ford should compensate owners for providing a faulty product.
Honestly I have owned Ford's for over thirty years, and I am finally done with them, I will not buy another Ford not because the vehicles are bad because they are not I love the Mustang but, all parts of a vehicle need to work not just the engine or tranny or ac, all parts and in this case they don't.
I dread going to a Honda or Toyota or Nissan, but it looks like that is the way to go.
Ford really needs to work on the electronic side of their vehicles, it is the way the industry is changing and should be a priority.
Thnks for reading and your suggestions.
Old 7/30/15, 07:53 AM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
That stinks . . . we've have 3 vehicles with Sync (2 with MFT) and all have worked great!

EDIT: 4 vehicles, 3 with MFT . . .

Last edited by Evil_Capri; 7/30/15 at 08:25 AM.
Old 7/30/15, 09:24 AM
Ford In-Vehicle Technology Rep

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
whitney, thanks for the input but Im kinda fed up with trying to fix it, I like things that work, not just when they want to, and the sync system is a big fail, it should be recalled or Ford should compensate owners for providing a faulty product.
Honestly I have owned Ford's for over thirty years, and I am finally done with them, I will not buy another Ford not because the vehicles are bad because they are not I love the Mustang but, all parts of a vehicle need to work not just the engine or tranny or ac, all parts and in this case they don't.
I dread going to a Honda or Toyota or Nissan, but it looks like that is the way to go.
Ford really needs to work on the electronic side of their vehicles, it is the way the industry is changing and should be a priority.
Thnks for reading and your suggestions.
Mustang259,

You're welcome. I understand your frustration and I'm happy to escalate this issue for you.

We'll do all we can to help resolve your concerns.

If you are interested in an escalation, please send a PM with your VIN, name, email, phone number, and mailing address.

Whitney
Old 8/1/15, 06:48 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Have you tried pulling fuse #3. It solved a lot of my issues. Even after the master reset and restore to factory defaults my sync wouldn't respond to verbal commands or see my iphone. After I pulled fuse 3 all was well, including the volume of her voice increasing as I could barley hear her before. If I could only figure out how to make the car default to Bluetooth audio now instead of line in. That is hit and miss. Sometimes I can walk in the house and back out to the car and it reconnects to my phone flawlessly and other times it instantly reverts back to line in.
Old 8/1/15, 07:13 PM
Bullitt Member

I have not tried the fuse trick yet, I agree the bluetooth connection is hit or miss, so is everything else about sync, I am also considering going to an aftermarket system, from what I have read they are not flawless but they work and are more reliable.

thanks for the input.
Old 8/2/15, 03:11 PM
Bullitt Member

Before giving up take the help offered to you from the Ford Rep.

If you had starting issues would you not take the car in for Service?
Old 8/3/15, 06:30 AM
Bullitt Member

Thanks R3, but rather than bore you with a very long story of my local dealer and their inability to correct even the smallest of issues, I can not take the advice of going back to the dealer. The bottom line is the sync system is poorly engineered and even replacing it would not solve the problem, it simply does not do what it is supposed to do.
On a side note, I thought I could use my local Lincoln dealer, but I stopped in to ask a question about the cabin air filter a few days ago and they replied they were not familiar with Mustangs and I would have to leave the car for a day really a whole day ? for a cabin filter??
I don't know whats up but Ford dealerships need to wise up and take lessons from Infiniti. But thats a whole nuther story.
Old 8/3/15, 08:07 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Thanks R3, but rather than bore you with a very long story of my local dealer and their inability to correct even the smallest of issues, I can not take the advice of going back to the dealer. The bottom line is the sync system is poorly engineered and even replacing it would not solve the problem, it simply does not do what it is supposed to do.
On a side note, I thought I could use my local Lincoln dealer, but I stopped in to ask a question about the cabin air filter a few days ago and they replied they were not familiar with Mustangs and I would have to leave the car for a day really a whole day ? for a cabin filter??
I don't know whats up but Ford dealerships need to wise up and take lessons from Infiniti. But thats a whole nuther story.
Old 8/3/15, 09:23 AM
GT Member

I installed a Kenwood touch screen system with a data I Link system. I am sooo happy no more talking to the dern sync anymore...I only listen mainly satelite.....12V Guy helped me with their product and I did alot of reading on the installation......Easy to do...
Old 8/4/15, 04:53 PM
Bullitt Member

The bottom line is the sync system is poorly engineered and even replacing it would not solve the problem, it simply does not do what it is supposed to do.
Sorry but I have to disagree with you. I have had 6 Ford vehicles with sync and while it sometimes does not understand voice commands, it has worked very well for me.

There has to be something wrong with yours.
Old 8/4/15, 05:54 PM
Bullitt Member

Yes there is something wrong with my sync system, it is poorly engineered and does not do what it is supposed to do. and i am certainly not the only one with these issues with sync so disagree all u want , you got lucky.
Old 8/4/15, 05:57 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 1,153 Likes on 841 Posts
The only issue I have with my Sync is that it often switches to Line In upon a restart of the car even though it should be USB.
Old 8/4/15, 06:01 PM
Bullitt Member

Mine refuses to recognize voice commands, switches between usb radio and line in at will and without a pattern, refuses to recognize usb when it had just played it, it is un useable as a hands free system due to its inability to recognize voice commands, I honestly never know if it will work when I start the car. It is quite simply awful.
Old 8/4/15, 07:05 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Mine refuses to recognize voice commands, switches between usb radio and line in at will and without a pattern, refuses to recognize usb when it had just played it, it is un useable as a hands free system due to its inability to recognize voice commands, I honestly never know if it will work when I start the car. It is quite simply awful.
SYNC and MFT are a very large part of the reason my wife is no longer in her 2013 Escape... so I just want you to know you're not the only one. She loved that car, but the utter frustration with the electronics and myriad other recalls/'customer notifications' were just finally too much.

Perhaps we had a lemon. Obviously a huge number of folks are tickled with their Escape. But beyond the problems was the lackadaisical attitude of Ford. I think that was even worse... and it's the part we may never get over.
Old 8/4/15, 09:38 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 212 Likes on 145 Posts
Sync is SO AWFUL, if Ford puts sync in the next generation of vehicles i will be switching brands!

Quick Reply: Ford Sync makes me want to trade my GT