Notices
'10-14 Interior and Audio Place to discuss 2010-2014 interior and audio type modifications.

Ditched Nexus - went Alpine ILX-007 - Base Model '13

Search this Thread

Old 12/3/15, 09:21 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts
Ditched Nexus - went Alpine ILX-007 - Base Model '13

****finished product

and now the details....I've always wanted a factory "look" since i bought my car brand new in 2013, i dont like most aftermarket double din receivers because they look cheap, even the expensive ones.. just so out of place with cheap looking shiny buttons etc.

Here's what a factory nav setup looks like as some of us are lucky to have it and some aren't lol (me being the unlucky one not to be able to afford it at time of purchase, although i never actually looked into it...)

and here's what I made earlier in the year - 2013 nexus 7 - sony app radio GS610bt remotely mounted behind carpet liner in trunk near antenna

The nexus was nice while it lasted but honestly a pain in the ***. Steering wheel controls worked half the time and mostly when in the radio app rather than anything else.

So for an early birthday present to myself, I ditched that setup which took me a long time to try to make perfect and went with the Alpine ILX-007. It's a carplay receiver - my usb port is flush mounted into the center console next to the 3.5mm AUX input for a nice clean factory look.

It's hooked up using the idatalink maestro kit which i had on my other setup as well, it works GREAT and steering wheel controls and factory camera spoiler hooked up to it also works as it should!

Got this from bestbuy as an "open box" for $449! originally $599!

any questions feel free to hit me up.

Last edited by DeeJayTJ; 12/14/15 at 12:35 AM.
Old 12/3/15, 10:34 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 1,153 Likes on 841 Posts
That Alpine unit looks great!
Old 12/14/15, 12:29 AM
Bullitt Member

updated pics!

Old 12/14/15, 09:12 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sweet!
Old 7/19/16, 01:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do you have a write up or any information on how you modified the bezel? The relocation of the stereo to the top of the bezel instead of the bottom?
Old 7/28/16, 09:48 AM
Bullitt Member

Unfortunately I do not, I can tell you that i bought the ford 8" navi bezel and a scoche aftermarket bezel for the a/c controls. I then cut out the radio and ac control from the ford bezel and molded in the scoche kit's AC Controls. I had to move some stuff out of the way behind the bezel where the screen sits but that didnt take much effort because the alpine ilx007 is only 3" deep.
Old 9/9/19, 12:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Still active? Need help

Originally Posted by DeeJayTJ
****finished product

and now the details....I've always wanted a factory "look" since i bought my car brand new in 2013, i dont like most aftermarket double din receivers because they look cheap, even the expensive ones.. just so out of place with cheap looking shiny buttons etc.

Here's what a factory nav setup looks like as some of us are lucky to have it and some aren't lol (me being the unlucky one not to be able to afford it at time of purchase, although i never actually looked into it...)

and here's what I made earlier in the year - 2013 nexus 7 - sony app radio GS610bt remotely mounted behind carpet liner in trunk near antenna

The nexus was nice while it lasted but honestly a pain in the ***. Steering wheel controls worked half the time and mostly when in the radio app rather than anything else.

So for an early birthday present to myself, I ditched that setup which took me a long time to try to make perfect and went with the Alpine ILX-007. It's a carplay receiver - my usb port is flush mounted into the center console next to the 3.5mm AUX input for a nice clean factory look.

It's hooked up using the idatalink maestro kit which i had on my other setup as well, it works GREAT and steering wheel controls and factory camera spoiler hooked up to it also works as it should!

Got this from bestbuy as an "open box" for $449! originally $599!

any questions feel free to hit me up.
My buddy is giving me the same head unit you have in this setup. I’m not sure I fully understand how you got it looking the way it does.