Notices
'10-14 Interior and Audio Place to discuss 2010-2014 interior and audio type modifications.

Adding the OEM nav

Old 6/10/16, 03:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but I want to make sure I understand what will work and not work. I purchased the navigation faceplate and climate controls from 2012 Mustang and it is my understanding that in order to get the climate to work properly controls to work properly I need the climate module CR3Z-19980-B or the controls will be backwards. Will I be able to utilize sound from my old cd player. I only need the faceplate because I am modifying in a 7" android screen. The cd player looks like it fits in the same spot behind the screen.
Old 6/13/16, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by Jason Rogers
I know this is an old thread, but I want to make sure I understand what will work and not work. I purchased the navigation faceplate and climate controls from 2012 Mustang and it is my understanding that in order to get the climate to work properly controls to work properly I need the climate module CR3Z-19980-B or the controls will be backwards. Will I be able to utilize sound from my old cd player. I only need the faceplate because I am modifying in a 7" android screen. The cd player looks like it fits in the same spot behind the screen.

Hi good afternoon. I would refer you to the Original Post with part numbers etc. I did this to a Base 2014 Mustang. You are going to need the ACM (brain), Faceplate(all controls), Dual Zone Climate control module, 4 pin sun sensor, steering wheel Button, and the screen because it has a specific wire harness to go with it. If you are going to do the stock OEM Navigation install you might as well do it all or just go aftermarket (cheaper). Not worth the hack. All the part numbers are up top. With what you have currently it will not work with out hacking the wire harness, and then you get into the if you have sync or not. The dual climate controls didn't work for me so I had to get the dual climate control module like you stated above. It works for me but its back words. So 90 degrees is cold and 60 degrees is hot. I wish you the best of luck I would like to help the best way possible if you need but you have to know once you start one way you would be better off just doing it like that. If you want to integrate a android table you should stay stock with sync and use a aftermarket faceplate. Just my Opinion.

Last edited by badboyz1620; 6/13/16 at 12:33 PM.
Old 7/1/16, 12:47 PM

Adding oem radio

Good afternoon all,

This is my first post on the forum and I decided to join after I saw this lengthy thread. I currently own a base model 2012 mustang gt. Of course the radio is base without SYNC or navigation. Recently I found at a junk yard a 2012 mustang gt radio with navigation and wanted to install it. My question is, can I install it if my car is not originally equipped with SYNC? If so, what features would I lose or where can I buy this module? Ford didn't want to give me any information but that it is not possible without originally having SYNC. Any information is greatly appreciated!
Best,

Joe
Old 7/1/16, 01:41 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
If you can't make it work without Sync let me know where that is! I may want to pick it up.
Old 7/2/16, 02:30 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts
From the first post:

Originally Posted by jim010
If your car does not have SYNC, I believe you will need to get the SYNC module as well.
So can't you just get the SYNC module and install it?

Also, some dealer parts departments can't find anything if it doesn't match your VIN. You'll either need to try another dealer or get a VIN from a car that was originally equipped with the part you're looking for.
Old 7/25/16, 01:05 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts
Get a sync module from ebay or a wrecker. It should work. I was able to get a sync module from a 2010 to work in my 2012.
Old 8/15/16, 08:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2014 Tech Package

What if my car already has sync/Tech package? Can you PM me?

http://www.car-part.com/cgi-bin/search.cgi

This site has lots of stuff listed...screen and bezel for $185, w/o heated seats. If they send me the bezel with sliced off wire harness, is that sufficient? What does the sun load sensor do? Am I required to wire in an amp?

Originally Posted by jim010
Once you have all the parts (and be sure you have ALL the parts. You don't want your dash in pieces while you wait for the needed piece to come in.) the first thing you will need to do is take the dash and center console apart.

You can get the dealer to print off the Ford instructions on how to remove them.

Disconnect the battery!

Remove the center console first.

To do this, open the center console door. Pry the console trim up from there. There are no screws holding this down. Keep prying up until the shifter trim pops up a bit. Once there is enough of the shifter trim to grab, pry it off, and then continue to pry off the console trim until you can reach down and unplug the ambient lighting and the traction/hazard switches.

Lift it off.

The center stack screws will be revealed.

Last edited by 2005_Redstang; 8/15/16 at 08:37 PM.
Old 10/12/16, 06:50 PM

Anybody have any of the parts for sale still ? My set didn't come with the GPS splitter .
Old 10/17/16, 11:54 AM

For anyone doing this swap and need some parts. I had extra parts.
Dual Zone Control unit with heated seats
Dual Zone Wire harness
Head unit for Navigation

Last edited by badboyz1620; 10/17/16 at 12:01 PM. Reason: pICTURE
Old 11/16/16, 03:46 PM

spare ACM from a 2013

i have a spare ACM from a 2013

Last edited by johntous; 11/16/16 at 03:59 PM. Reason: edited
Old 12/20/16, 07:52 AM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
I think my question is fair to ask on this particular thread.

I have a 2012 GT500 with factory Shaker 500 with navigation (no sub). I want to install a factory subwoofer but I understand adding a factory sub will only work with a factory Shaker 1000 head unit, is that true? If I find a Shaker 1000 head unit with navigation what do I need to do next to wire the subwoofer?
Old 1/11/17, 09:15 AM
V6 Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
SilverCreek; Based off what you stated, having OEM nav, etc. you should have a fairly simple install. If you find a Shaker 1000 unit, all you should need is the ACM, the shaker amp, and the subwoofer. The rest of the wiring should be done with your OEM unit. That said, I will yield to more seasoned installers.
Old 1/12/17, 07:42 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
Hey guys

After debating if I should do this mod or not I final pull the trigger on it after getting frustrated with the stupid sync services GPS service on the regular radio.

I picked a 2013 radio up and it should be here Friday. I plan to add the duel climate zone.

This kit came out of a 2013 mustang with an auto transmission and a rear backup camera. I plan to use the dash harness that comes with it regardless. I will be hooking up the 2013 amp to my driver side kick panel in my 2012. That way I dont have to run as much cable. I already have a 2013 SBJ so I dont see much conflict happening. But I will let you guys know.

I plan to install this when it get a little warmer up here in the north.

I have a 2012 mustang manual in case anyone is wondering.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/282317081448?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Last edited by awoychosky123; 1/12/17 at 07:44 AM.
Old 1/13/17, 05:47 PM
Mach 1 Member

I got my parts in today. I ran into my first hurtle, not a big one. My radio control unit has peeling chrome and has heated seat controls (Which I do not need) I'm looking into buying a new one but all the part centers don't seem to have them. It does say however "Order by Application" So does that me I would have to call up say tasca and give them a vin and ordered it over the phone or have they stopped making these unit?

Or if anyone has a spare control unit with out the heated seat buttons I would be happy to purchase it off of them.
Old 1/20/17, 03:09 PM

I have installed an nav from a 2013 mustang into my 2012 but the front subwoofers do not work is there any wiring differences from the 2012 and the 2013
Old 1/21/17, 10:16 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by johntous
I have installed an nav from a 2013 mustang into my 2012 but the front subwoofers do not work is there any wiring differences from the 2012 and the 2013
yes quite a few. For one the 2013 uses a completely different amp from the 2012's. And the driver side speaker is pinned wrong. It might be worth picking up a 2013 mustang wiring diagram service manual. I picked mine up for $40 i think.
Old 1/27/17, 06:26 PM
Mach 1 Member

Well I just got the radio in and powered for the first time, Everything works except. I wired the 2013 amp wrong. I used the climate system wire for my amp power, when I wanted to use the cigar lighter wire. So now my sound only works when the climate system is on lol.

Only other thing is my nav is giving me a no gps on my map screen. I have sat radio, and I am using the spliter. I know for a fact every plug is in back there. So I can only assume that because im in my garage with a metal roof, the signal cant get to the car. My sat radio comes in and goes out when Im in the garage. I am going to try to get the car out in the driveway tomorrow to see if the gps works or not.

Only other possibility is that there are two different kinds of trunk antenna, one with Sat and GPS and one with only sat. But I highly doubt that.

Any feedback would be appreciated!
Old 1/28/17, 09:04 PM
Mach 1 Member

Well everything is working properly now and I got all my vins to match up, then only problem is even though I'm receiving 6-7 satellites My nav screen thinks I'm in West Virginia when I'm actually in Vermont. I have not gone on any roads yet to see if it updates, but I would think it would know my location just by the satellites. I have driven up and down my drive way and it tracks me moving but it does so in WV. has anyone else experienced this and do they have a fix?
Old 1/29/17, 04:42 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts
Can't remember well, bit I think I had to wait for it to acquire signal. But you already did that. You put in the new gas splitter?
Old 1/30/17, 12:50 AM
Mach 1 Member

Yeah I had Brough the car out for a test drive. and since I knew it got like 6-7 sats in my drive way I figured the radio was still using dead reckoning and wouldn't update until I drove it on a main road at a speed more that what I was doing in my driveway

So I figured that the system will try to get a sat lock when you disconnect the bat and reconnect it. I was right.

After leaving the car in my driveway where I was receive sat signal, and leaving the battery unplugged for 10 minutes, I cam back and plugged it in. and after waiting maybe 15 seconds my car moved from West Virginia to My house in Vermont, I took it for a test drive an went smooth the whole time.

I don't know why I didn't do this sooner, the wiring was easier than putting a sync kit in a base radio, Hell I even used a 2013 automatic dash harness and it worked fine in my 2012 manual base car, with a bit of repining of connectors and adding 2 power wires for the amp and the sync module. When I put the car in reverse it even brings up the rear camera function.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Adding the OEM nav