Notices
'10-14 Interior and Audio Place to discuss 2010-2014 interior and audio type modifications.

Adding the OEM nav

Search this Thread

Old 8/31/15, 06:26 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by GT227
Ok, so I have the climate harness completely installed. The A/C still does not work properly. I can hear everything working, but the cold is non existent. I was told by a ford technician that the screen has to be functioning for the AC to work properly. Anyone know if that's the case? I did check the pins in the pack of the screen and the nav unit and none of the pins are bent. I'm guessing a bad screen.

However, with that being said, what is the extra white plug in the back of the nav unit? I have something plugged into everything except that. I have an extra white plug, but it does not fit into the female end on the nav unit. The other end of it appears to plug into the screen.

Two plugs.

Plug does not fit in back of nav unit.

The plug fits into the back of the screen
The climate works without the screen. When I sent my unit to 4dtech a/c and heating still worked. The white connectors are essential fir the screen to work. Matt has a spare cable.
LRXiiON
Old 8/31/15, 06:49 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts
OK, I went back to my car and looked to see what I did.

In the picture, you will see a plug. It goes into the blend door motor. There is only one blend door motor in yours and it is on the passenger side. Both blend doors are controlled from the passenger side motor. In dual zone, there is a motor on the driver's side, which you don't have. In order to get the blend door to operate properly, the driver's side on the new harness needs to plug into the passenger side on the old climate unit.

Did I remember that right Lexiion?
Attached Thumbnails Adding the OEM nav-dsc_2268.jpg  

Last edited by jim010; 8/31/15 at 07:09 PM.
Old 9/1/15, 04:43 AM
V6 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Thank you Lexiion and Jim! I do have the correct plug into the blend door and have the extra plug that would be going to the drivers side, left unplugged. (if I had the dual climate system). I also hear the blend doors operating properly.

Here's a question...Does running the AC without the evaporator core plugged in, drain the Freon?

"The climate works without the screen. When I sent my unit to 4dtech a/c and heating still worked. The white connectors are essential fir the screen to work. Matt has a spare cable.
LRXiiON "

So I do have the white cable plugged into the back of the screen. But the white cable that looks like it should plug into the ACM, does not fit. Are you saying that they put the wrong cable on my harness? If that's the case, please let Matt know I am very interested.

Again, the white cable that I have has the correct female end on the monitor, but the ACM has a different female connection that the plug won't fit.
Old 9/1/15, 09:59 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It might just be the picture, but the ACM plug that isn't fitting looks like it might be broken. Can you get a closer, clearer picture of it?

EDIT: Actually, nevermind, I looked at it closer and I believe it is fine. I am just misremembering what it looked like.

Last edited by forceflow2; 9/1/15 at 11:41 AM.
Old 9/1/15, 10:38 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Thank you Lexiion and Jim! I do have the correct plug into the blend door and have the extra plug that would be going to the drivers side, left unplugged. (if I had the dual climate system). I also hear the blend doors operating properly.
If it is all plugged in properly (I assume you checked it over a couple times), you should only have that 1 extra plug for the driver's blend door that is left unused. Everything else from the climate harness should be plugged in. If that is the case and it is not working, then I am out of ideas, unless you need the screen plugged in as well for it to work right.
Old 9/1/15, 12:23 PM
V6 Member

Thanks guys. Yeah, Lexiion said the ac should work without the monitor. Not sure what is going on. You are correct that I only have one unused plug from the new climate harness.

Reading back through this post, I realized I may have ordered the wrong climate control module. I bought the harness with heated seats (plan to add them next) and wanted to be able to use the factory on/off buttons on the dash. Plan is to tap into the wire to power aftermarket seat warmers, but that's a different topic. I noticed that the lights don't light up when I push the heated seat button. I assume they would light up even without the seat pads installed.

I doubt that's why my ac is not working, but just something else to add to the mix.
Old 9/1/15, 03:17 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
I have the module with heated seats too and no pads. Other than a code in ids, it doesn't affect operation.
If you removed the heater core, then your freon is gone and with that your ability to cool.

LEXiiON
Old 9/2/15, 09:49 AM

does mobile apps work after the conversation
Old 9/2/15, 02:06 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by johntous
does mobile apps work after the conversation
Only the 13/14 models have mobile apps, so you will have to have one of those ACMs to get them. But, yes, assuming that is the ACM you get, they will work.
Old 9/2/15, 05:12 PM
Legacy TMS Member

What can you get for mobile apps?
Old 9/2/15, 10:27 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by jim010
What can you get for mobile apps?
Guess it's technically called AppLink, but the actually voice command for Sync is "Mobile Apps."

https://owner.ford.com/how-tos/sync-...-overview.html

According to that page the 2012 has it as well, but I've never actually found anyone that confirmed it does, only Ford announcing that they were planning on adding it, but never found anywhere that says they actually did. Not to mention I know there is at least one app (Amazon Music) that has it integrated that isn't listed on the app catalog page, so I don't know how accurate it is overall.
Old 9/3/15, 04:10 PM
V6 Member

I got the monitor working! Stupid Stupid Stupid...If you look back at the picture of the back of my ACM, the male adapter of the wire was still clipped in. When the guy at the junk yard took it out, he must have just yanked the wire and broke it in there. That's why mine did not fit in.

Last edited by GT227; 9/3/15 at 07:24 PM.
Old 9/3/15, 07:23 PM
V6 Member

Also, I just realized the nav says no gps. I did install the gps splitter...pink and brown ends into back of ACM and then brown into brown that goes to the gps antenna on the trunk. Is there something else?
Old 9/4/15, 03:06 PM
V6 Member

I got the monitor working! Stupid Stupid Stupid...If you look back at the picture of the back of my ACM, the male adapter of the wire was still clipped in. When the guy at the junk yard took it out, he must have just yanked the wire and broke it in there. That's why mine did not fit in.
I thought it looked weird, but I couldn't be sure from the picture. For the No GPS, does it stay like that after driving? Mine will say that for a bit after starting the car (even after it obviously has a signal, because it is tracking on the map), but it eventually goes away.
Old 9/4/15, 03:37 PM
V6 Member

Yup, it stays like that the entire time. I checked the satellite radio and that also says no signal. No clock either, so it's definitely the satellite antenna not reaching the unit. My satellite radio did work before. Again, the single brown plug on the gps splitter goes into the brown socket that is next to where the am/fm radio antenna is plugged in?
Old 9/7/15, 07:17 AM
V6 Member

Labor Day update...

So I decided to put my old climate control harness in to see if they AC would work backwards. It did. Set the temp to 90 and it was blowing out ice cold air. Going to experiment a little more on that, but at least I narrowed it down to the harness.

As for the GPS, I also decided to put my old satellite radio gps antenna harness back in just to see if the satellite radio would work. It did. Obviously, the gps navigation did not work. So now, my question is...did I get a bad gps splitter harness?

The part number I ordered was AR3Z-10E928-A (which is now $154 at Tousley) http://parts.autonationfordwhitebear...=antenna-cable

However, the part I received is AR3T-19C181-AC. It certainly looks the same and everything clicks in properly, but does not work.
Old 9/7/15, 03:44 PM
V6 Member

Labor Day update...

So I decided to put my old climate control harness in to see if they AC would work backwards. It did. Set the temp to 90 and it was blowing out ice cold air. Going to experiment a little more on that, but at least I narrowed it down to the harness.

As for the GPS, I also decided to put my old satellite radio gps antenna harness back in just to see if the satellite radio would work. It did. Obviously, the gps navigation did not work. So now, my question is...did I get a bad gps splitter harness?

The part number I ordered was AR3Z-10E928-A (which is now $154 at Tousley) http://parts.autonationfordwhitebear...=antenna-cable

However, the part I received is AR3T-19C181-AC. It certainly looks the same and everything clicks in properly, but does not work.
That's the same part that defiance had back on page 10 and his stuff worked, so I don't think that's the issue.

https://themustangsource.com/forums/...16988/index10/

Two of the plugs should go into the ACM (the only places they fit) and one should go into the brown connector in the passenger footwell area. (Pretty sure again the only thing it'll fit into. Trying to do this from memory, but pretty sure that's where it is at.)
Old 9/8/15, 05:37 AM
V6 Member

Thanks Forceflow. yeah, I've read his install many times. I ordered the gps antenna that 4dtech sells for the gps. Since my old sirius satellite antenna harness works, I'm going to try a separate antenna for the gps. I know someone else tried this too.

The only difference I can see is that my old antenna with the brown fakra connection has a red strip on it. The gps splitter that I ordered has a purple strip on it.
Old 9/12/15, 03:39 PM

I had nav in my 13 GT and would love to add it to my 13 Roush, but it looks like a ton of work. Why can't somebody just make one that isn't so tiny?
Old 9/12/15, 08:16 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Took my interior apart today. Added the dual climate zone, and will be adding paddles and keyless ignition.

I had to change out the body harness, as the wiring I did, something is not quite right (I didn't solder, but used connectors, shrink tubes etc...)

Changing the body harness is loads of fun. Everybody that has a S197 should try this once just for giggles!
Attached Thumbnails Adding the OEM nav-dsc_2288.jpg  

Quick Reply: Adding the OEM nav